RIP GOLD KEY and CRATE #1

WHO

you guys better get keys while you can.
lol

On Wednesday, December 11th, Gold Keys and Crate #1 will retire and no more of them will be dropped or awarded. We recommend using your keys and crates now, before they retire. With the retirement of gold keys and Crate #1, Stitch Hat and Princess Minnie will be removed from the super rare drop pool. The Flip Flops will remain in there for now. No super rares will be available in any future crates, and Gold Keys will only work on Crate #1. It is our intention to release a new crate (without super rares) and a new key (available in drops and in the catalog for a relatively low price).
we better get an option to turn our extra crates into the used crates. tbh

InaDaze

The Confused One.
I don't see why you think meltdowns would happen over this news. It was bound to happen at some point.

If anyone will complain over anything it will be keys being released in the catalog... "for a relatively low price." This is the one move I don't like at all.

I will also be interested to see what prizes they will throw in next and why no super rares. I don't think anyone was complaining over that.

Another question I have is do we need to use our keys by this date? I'm assuming if we want a shot at stitch or minnie we need to use them by that date, but will the keys still work after this date?

WHO

Another question I have is do we need to use our keys by this date? I'm assuming if we want a shot at stitch or minnie we need to use them by that date, but will the keys still work after this date?
They should just leave the super rares in the crates and just stop dropping keys and crates. That way people can still get them if they get keys from trades, etc.

Jasmine

They should just leave the super rares in the crates and just stop dropping keys and crates. That way people can still get them if they get keys from trades, etc.
Agreed.

Just a quick question, does that mean all our unopened crates will not be able to be opened anymore? Because i have about 100 crates that i want to open...

Just a quick question, does that mean all our unopened crates will not be able to be opened anymore? Because i have about 100 crates that i want to open...
If you don't have a Gold Key, then you won't be able to open them. You can still use the crates for room building, or you can just sell them (you can make a good amount of credits if you have a lot!)

InaDaze

The Confused One.
If you don't have a Gold Key, then you won't be able to open them. You can still use the crates for room building, or you can just sell them (you can make a good amount of credits if you have a lot!)
Will the same prize pool be available if we were to use gold keys and crates #1's after the addition of the new crates?

In other words, if I want to try for Stitch or Minnie do I need to use my keys before Wednesday?

WHO

The fact that we are being left in the dark about this and this was a very fast thing, doesn't show a lot of professionalism. IMO.

Ranch

I just gotta say WAY TO GO to the complainers! You all banded together, and made things happen woop!

Instead of a random chance at something wonderful.. NOW.. it's back to the host room lines for you, nice work!

Haley

mahou kitten ~ ☾
I just gotta say WAY TO GO to the complainers! You all banded together, and made things happen woop!

Instead of a random chance at something wonderful.. NOW.. it's back to the host room lines for you, nice work!
agreed.
aswell as agreeing with having the other questions answered.\

This was the first thing King and I said when we saw the announcement. Bummer. Just a bummer.

iTony

Ohana means family.
I have yet to obtain the minnie hat and leroy hat :(
So those hats are now in the common pool, or just out of crates?

And like others, tonight midnight, or tomorrow midnight?

Amy said in another thread just after the crates and keys were released that they were here to stay. I wouldn't be able to find that thread again, unfortunately.

I don't know how many staff members there are, but it seems like more should be added to discuss these decisions before they are implemented. I understand Amy, Kevin, and Grizzly are doing their best to run this site, but I imagine there are 1.5k+ members registered now ...