Second Annual Design-An-Egg Competition! (In-Game Furniture Item)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merlin

Easter is around the corner, and we're looking for the best egg-decorators in the kingdom! Using the template provided, customize an egg and post it in the forum section mentioned below. Everyone will have a chance at getting their eggs put into the game on Easter day! We will accept only one design per person. Please keep your eggs Disney-related (or if not Disney related, just a pretty egg without any "theme"), and family friendly. You have until 11:59pm EST on Friday March 18th to submit your design, so let's get cracking!

You can find the templates here:
PSD File
Zip File
Two versions of the template are included, one is a PSD with the egg set up with clipping masks, the other is a zip file containing the egg itself and its shading as two separate PNG files, this is so you can make your egg in something other than photoshop.

Please keep your design within the space of the templates provided. When we say stay within the bounds, we mean the bounds of the image and not the egg. For example, you can add kitty ears to the egg if you wanted to, but the image has to keep the same dimensions. Also you can basically do whatever you want with the eggs. The template is included so people with less experience can enter, however if you know what you're doing you can draw the egg entirely on your own! All submissions should be posted in the design an egg subforum in the Official Contests section of the forums. You can find it here! You can only post eggs that you design and create on your own!

Animations are allowed (but not required), however if you make it animated be sure to include all of the individual frames as PNGs in a zip file, and make sure they're all the same size as the one in the post. If it requires anything special other than a simple frame to frame animation, it won't be able to win, and please make sure it's less than 20 frames. If it's not animated, just include a PNG file (it MUST be transparent) on the thread, if you're using a image hosting website, imgur is preferred.

When you submit your entry, we ask that you either include a PSD or a ZIP file containing all images related to your egg, make sure the images are transparent otherwise they can't be used. In your thread, please include an image of the egg in one piece (including the shading etc). If you have made your own egg from scratch, include an image of that, along with the PSD and/or ZIP file.

By submitting an egg, you agree to grant us a non-revokeable license to use the images you have submitted for the egg competition in any fashion relating to MyVMK.

Winners will receive 10,000 credits, and the eggs from all of this years winners.

Happy decorating!

I have a question what do you mean by transparent? Like, just see through?

Last edited:

waterfallglow

balance is important both in life and art.....
I would love to try to enter but i have never done something like this before? The only program I have is paint so was wondering if it was possible to use that for this? My signature actually was done in paint so I am familiar with that program. Also, how do I put it into a zipped file when i enter it onto the forum? Lastly, what do you mean by transparent?

Amy

Head Administrator
I would love to try to enter but i have never done something like this before? The only program I have is paint so was wondering if it was possible to use that for this? My signature actually was done in paint so I am familiar with that program. Also, how do I put it into a zipped file when i enter it onto the forum? Lastly, what do you mean by transparent?
No visible background, sadly that can't be done in Paint, but you could try Paint .NET or GIMP (they're free, search for them in google paint .net is easier).

If I were to make an animated egg would I need make it in a G.I.F? Also, would all the sides need to be re-shown, if it were animated? Like, if I make an animation showing all the sides of what it would look like not animated, but now it's animated would I need to show all the sides of the animation? (I'm not sure if I'm wording this correctly)

Amy

Head Administrator
If I were to make an animated egg would I need make it in a G.I.F? Also, would all the sides need to be re-shown, if it were animated? Like, if I make an animation showing all the sides of what it would look like not animated, but now it's animated would I need to show all the sides of the animation? (I'm not sure if I'm wording this correctly)
Make a gif for a preview, but we would need the individual frames separate. You wouldn't have to show all of the sides, but if you've worked hard to do so, then I would say go ahead and show the other sides, even if they're in different GIFs.

waterfallglow

balance is important both in life and art.....
So I just finished my egg and I have a few questions. First being, do I submit the drawing both with and without shading cause it said to submit all drawings in a zip file. Secondly, that brings me to my second question. How do i put all my drawings into a zip file? I have never done that before.

So I just finished my egg and I have a few questions. First being, do I submit the drawing both with and without shading cause it said to submit all drawings in a zip file. Secondly, that brings me to my second question. How do i put all my drawings into a zip file? I have never done that before.
Personally, I uploaded two pictures (with and without BG) to the forums just so that people could see, but then attached a zipped folder so that staff can have all of my files (I used Photoshop).

For zipping:
Put all of your files into a folder, then (if you're on windows) right click on the file, navigate to "Send to" and then select "Compressed (zipped) folder" - it has a symbol that looks like a folder with a zipper on it. If you're on a Mac, put all of your files into a folder, then right click the folder and select "Compress Items". Take the new file that is created and submit that.

It doesn't have to be Disney themed, right? I'm just making sure before I start drawing XD

I saved mine as PSD, but it won't let me attach it on my thread O-o[DOUBLEPOST=1457812235][/DOUBLEPOST]Never mind XD

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.