Second Annual Design-An-Egg Competition! (In-Game Furniture Item)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, yeah, you can do that, but then staff won't be able to pull apart each individual layer- Unless you save each layer as a PNG and give them all of them.
Oh :o How do I put them on my thread individually?

waterfallglow

balance is important both in life and art.....
Not sure if it's actually required for you to do so, but...
the easiest way I could imagine would be to just zip the PSD file and post that on the forums :) Otherwise you'd have to save each layer as a separate PNG and upload it.
It is required i think. At least according to the part of the rules i quoted below. That is if i am mistaken. :)

"When you submit your entry, we ask that you either include a PSD or a ZIP file containing all images related to your egg, make sure the images are transparent otherwise they can't be used. In your thread, please include an image of the egg in one piece (including the shading etc). If you have made your own egg from scratch, include an image of that, along with the PSD and/or ZIP file."

Also,
@Cloudyblue somebody explained to me earlier in this thread on how to ZIP your egg layers. Here is what he said below:

For zipping:
Put all of your files into a folder, then (if you're on windows) right click on the file, navigate to "Send to" and then select "Compressed (zipped) folder" - it has a symbol that looks like a folder with a zipper on it. If you're on a Mac, put all of your files into a folder, then right click the folder and select "Compress Items". Take the new file that is created and submit that.

(When you are done with Zipping add the ZIP file to the thread as an attachment.)

Last edited:
Here's finally having time! Can't wait to get started :)[DOUBLEPOST=1458054651][/DOUBLEPOST]
I would love to try to enter but i have never done something like this before? The only program I have is paint so was wondering if it was possible to use that for this? My signature actually was done in paint so I am familiar with that program. Also, how do I put it into a zipped file when i enter it onto the forum? Lastly, what do you mean by transparent?
Paint won't work since you can't creat a transparent background using it but I use Sumo Paint online and it's free to use and fairly easy to get the hang of.

Last edited:

waterfallglow

balance is important both in life and art.....
Here's finally having time! Can't wait to get started :)[DOUBLEPOST=1458054651][/DOUBLEPOST]

Paint won't work since you can't creat a transparent background using it but I use Sumo Paint online and it's free to use and fairly easy to get the hang of.
Yes, Amy mentioned that to me about Paint but she told me about a free downloadable program called Paint.NET and I used that. My egg came out well i think. Thank you so much for trying to help though :)

Status
Not open for further replies.