Selfie stick ban at Walt Disney World to begin June 30

iMax

RCT3 & Disney Freak
FROM WDWMAGIC.COM

Selfie Sticks will be a thing of the past at Walt Disney World from June 30 2015.

Disney is adding the selfie stick to the list of items that are not permitted into the parks. The ban extends the existing policy of not allowing selfie sticks to be used on rides.

All four Walt Disney World parks are included in the new policy, along with the water parks and DisneyQuest.

Guest Relations will be on hand to tag any selfie sticks for storage during the day, with a claim ticket given to the guest for pickup on exiting the park.

Disneyland Paris and Hong Kong Disneyland will be joining the new policy from July 1 2015.

A selfie stick is defined as an extendable pole that attaches a camera device for self portrait photography. They are typically extendable to a few feet in length.

I have a selfie stick, and I haven't gotten the chance to use it in the park..hopefully when I go to Disneyland in California in March it's not banned there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alyce

Younger than Dirt..Older than Disneyland
I am so glad Disney has done this! It the sticks have caused many problems! They had to evac the ferris wheel at California because someone dropped one. I know they are handy......but are really a safety problems at all Theme Park rides. I did notice that more Cast Members and Team Members are offering to take pictures for you!
iMax enjoy DLR! It is by far my favorite Disney Park! I went the first year Disneyland opened, and plan to go for the 60th Anniversary this year! It will be my 6th, ten year celebration! :cheer:

DisneyDawg

Clark Griswold
My "selfie stick" in non-extendable. Does the mean it's not banned?

Is this only for rides? I wanted to take a picture of me in front of the castle.
I believe the old policy was no sticks on rides. The policy has now been extended to no sticks in the park.

Also, no selfie sticks in the parks means more money for Photopass.

I for one am very excited about this... The last time I tried to watch Wishes I couldn't see anything hardly because there were so many freaking selfie sticks in the air. Ruins the experience. Seriously, don't video the fireworks because chances are you're blocking someone's view. There are plenty of quality videos already on YouTube.

VampireBoy

My "selfie stick" in non-extendable. Does the mean it's not banned?

Honestly I doubt that one would be a problem because its so small and plus that's a Go Pro on there and most theme parks encourage bringing those instead of using a selfie stick.

pirateguitarchick

eyerolling is my cardio.
hahaha.
i'd rather ask a stranger to take a photo of me (& friends) instead of using a selfie stick.
they turn out much better!

I believe the old policy was no sticks on rides. The policy has now been extended to no sticks in the park.

Also, no selfie sticks in the parks means more money for Photopass.

I for one am very excited about this... The last time I tried to watch Wishes I couldn't see anything hardly because there were so many freaking selfie sticks in the air. Ruins the experience. Seriously, don't video the fireworks because chances are you're blocking someone's view. There are plenty of quality videos already on YouTube.
Rofl so many selfie sticks in the air I can just imagine it xD

When I was there a few weeks ago (after the ban) someone was sneaky and smuggled a selfie-stick. She asked her husband-friend to give her the stick during a Frozen parade (in English) and as soon as she had it up and recording a cast member asked her to take it down. She said "I don't speak English" in perfect English and started the cast member down. The cast member just shrugged and walked away. I was surprised how fast they gave up and she just kept recording till the end lol.