Setting Guidlines

Status
Not open for further replies.

sorachan

Animation Expert
This is me trying to set a basic system of guidelines

1.No spamming
Spamming will not be allowed on the forums especially if it has to do with earning post counts
Spamming as in "Loooool" or somthing that has nothing to do with the forum with the intent to raise your forum post count(if not clear please make it more clear)
2.No Cursing or Rude language
Rude language and cursing
3.No Racism,or disrespect
Doing these acts can be hurt full and can cause drastic future actions they
this also includes hate speeches
4.No trolling/Bullying
Trolling is the act of ones self to get another person flamed
Bullying is constant harassment and in the U.S. it is a crime and can be punished federally

5.No hacking
Hacking is a process of trying to get others information and stealing it unlawfully or without consent
This also counts for sending packages of information to slow down and crash someones internet and also in the U.S. is a Federal Crime

6.Moderation
Rules may change fro time to time and not only will threads be monitored but chat will be as well
sorachan I also think more rules need to be implemented and moderation needs to occur both on forum and in chat

There is more i could add but for now help me develop the rules to help set the forum guide lines and please if you wish to add something or remove something please be detailed

Jasmine

So these are for the forum?
Thanks, but I think we should let the actual staff members stick to enforcing (and establishing) rules. :)

LOL. Uh, while I do think we need set guidelines, Sora, you'e not an administrator nor are you a moderator. This is the job of such individuals.

No offense,
But I think you really need to leave the rules and guidelines
to the people who have created this website for us. There's
no sense in making rules that don't need to be made,
especially when you hold an average members title with 31 post.

sorachan

Animation Expert
well the community should be able to set guidlines for them selves as the admins are currently agree(making the rules that is) on but also to deside what is fair enough to have as rules

sorachan

Animation Expert
No offense,
But I think you really need to leave the rules and guidelines
to the people who have created this website for us. There's
no sense in making rules that don't need to be made,
especially when you hold an average members title with 31 post.
I dont post often but i browse the forums and what is put on alot its not like im new to this im very experienced in moderating actions on the forums and what is and is not fair for rules set

This isn't anyone's job aside from the staff unless they wish to ask for aid on what we would like to see as a guideline. If you have a recommendation, PM it to a staff member. This isn't our domain. We don't control it.

sorachan

Animation Expert
This isn't anyone's job aside from the staff unless they wish to ask for aid on what we would like to see as a guideline. If you have a recommendation, PM it to a staff member. This isn't our domain. We don't control it.
We could at lest suggest what we think is fair and right for us.

- - - Updated - - -

Private Message a moderator if you feel that we need guidelines.
that's it.
Like i said im not enforceing it as community we are agreeing to follow it.I dont have the power or control so please this is just a main suggestion for all of us to add to

Deciding for yourself, though, that certain things 'will not be tolerated' is implying that you can enforce it. Your intentions are good, but seriously as everyone else said; leave it to the staff.

sorachan

Animation Expert
... be it as it may i was about to change will not be tolerated i was taking it off the ovmk rules the more obvious ones like the racism and spamming

The fairness of this website is the fact that we don't need guidelines
to function like other websites. We don't need strict rules.
We're not OpenVMK.
We're better than that.

sorachan

Animation Expert

We're not OpenVMK.
We're better than that.
Exactly what im trying to say but there is still stuff that are not okay if a moderator will feel this an uneeded thread they have all the permission in the world to remove it because now its just debating

- - - Updated - - -

We're not OpenVMK.
We're better than that.
also I think kevin said there will still be rules and now would be the time to preset rules before officail stuff is set to be enforced

Kaeliah

Previously Tessa
{To clear the air:

Kevin told me he's writing up some rules/guidelines, so be patient.

I appreciate your willingness and concern sora. But to me, you are coming off as trying to become a moderator. We all know what the basic rules are, which are easily known as no offensive language etc. which we are all perfectly aware of.

But just understand that it's up to the staff members to do this, and you shouldn't have posted this without their permission most specifically.

-Tessa

sorachan

Animation Expert
{To clear the air:

Kevin told me he's writing up some rules/guidelines, so be patient.

I appreciate your willingness and concern sora. But to me, you are coming off as trying to become a moderator. We all know what the basic rules are, which are easily known as no offensive language etc. which we are all perfectly aware of.

But just understand that it's up to the staff members to do this, and you shouldn't have posted this without their permission most specifically.

-Tessa
Great argument I mean wow speechless...

But permission or not we do live in some societies that let us make our own choices and many of you may find this forums stupid,useless,or me trying to kiss up to mods but the truth is im just exercising my rites and using them in the best way they can help
All this negative feed back is not necessary either but in despite of that they may be having troubles with rules that they feel are to strict or not and this basis of rules shows our own opinions to wards our community to show how it will impact us

I never even said i was trying to be a mod or acting like one in fact i deny it for i just want to make our community safe and fun for all of us

It may be up to staff members to make the final decisions but we cant have our voice be cut out ether for our voice matters no matter what community because a community cannot thrive with out a voice

I shall re iterate myself if you feel this thread should be taken down please contact a admin and do so i have no mind of you doing it because now this thread is just shutting not my voice down about this but some of your guy's

sorachan

Animation Expert
why r u trying 2 regulate tho
Im not trying to regulate rules these are
Suggestions-By the rules we seek are fair for our forums
Guidlines-Clear rules we should already following
Disclaimer-I don not control any one or have the power to enforce the rules that is up to ones self i just feel that we need to set our community suggested rules for us to follow untill the rules come.Once the rules come any rules not in there could be used to add to the rules

Status
Not open for further replies.