Skye's Lucky Penny?

What would you like to be done with Skye's Lucky Penny Pin?

• Nothing, leave it as it is

Votes: 32 9.6%
  • Delete it from the game

Votes: 216 65.1%
  • Rename the pin

Votes: 84 25.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zelena

I don't think the pin should be in the game at all, however I really don't understand why you had to lash out like that. She never said anything about deeming anyone "worthy" or not. She did say anyone could be a part of the movement, and anyone was in capital letters for emphasis. I don't know what you mean by special friends because I've never actually met her or anyone else in the group for that matter until now. I just don't understand why people keep trying to put words in our mouths to turn us on our heads. Please don't go around bashing new ideas you're not willing to try. We're just trying to help.
There's a hundred squads out there, so if one squad got a special pin every squad would need to get a special pin and no one wants that. (I think that is what everyone is trying to say but maybe not)

camzilla

End of MYVMK as we knew it 5/2/2015
Hello,

I am not sure if you have heard yet but I have begun a movement, the "MyVMK Integrity Movement". We currently have 14 members and we are quickly growing in numbers. We call ourselves the MIM Squad. Our mission is to better our community by promoting good behavior, generosity, following forum and in-game rules and an overall good nature. We allow ALL players to become a member and only exclude members who hurt another player or the community in some way. We believe in second chances and encourage good behavior all around. We would like to put an end to all the drama that has been going on and increase our numbers considerably as we grow and develop. We have a suggestion with what you could do with the pins. We would like to have the pins renamed "MIM Squad." I (President of the MIM Squad) and JenJaws (Vice President) could be given a large supply of pins to distribute to players who wish to join our squad. If we run out of pins, perhaps we could request more from you. To make our job of managing who are representing our movement efficiently, if anyone is banned from the game, they should automatically lose their pin in the process. As I said earlier, we support second chances and I believe players should be given the chance to redeem themselves. That is why an unlimited supply or having us message you for more pins would be a good idea especially since there are still new members signing up to play MyVMK. This is just a suggestion but we would absolutely love your support in our movement and I feel like the message we are trying to share is percisely what the staff should want to see in the community.

For anyone who hasn't heard of the MIM Squad or is interested in joining, here is a link to our forums site. We would be happy to have ANYONE join our squad! Also, keep in mind that joining means you will have the opportunity to run community events and vote on social and other issues. This is player run for the people by the people. We look forward to getting to know each and every one of you!

MIM Squad Forums
http://s15.zetaboards.com/MIM_Squad/index/

So who in your little group decides who gets excluded?? who decides who is acting the way they like. If you ignore all facts and seriously approve of all current staff you will get a special pin? Seriously this sounds like another " clique". I play a few online games and never seen the need for anyone to form a group like this. How is this going to end the drama going around?

GuardGirl

Ace is the name, room recreation is the game.
There's a hundred squads out there, so if one squad got a special pin every squad would need to get a special pin and no one wants that. (I think that is what everyone is trying to say but maybe not)
I understand. I agree,actually. The pin is unnecessary. I don't really know why it's labled as a "squad" because literally every single player is accepted here,but to each their own. Thank you for your kindness. <3

Last edited:

asyuna

Can we go on the show catfish and hunt this person down
I FEEL LIKE WE WOULD GET PICKED TOO OMG SOMEONE DO IT!

I am sorry... it's now worth 5K??

Nobody should profit from this stinking mess - either through selling it or by trading. That's disgusting imo.

Don't do anything with it until this poll is over. ugh
yeah what this is totally not fair since those of us(like myself) who didnt believe it from the beginning so therefore didnt want to associate with her dont get a chance to get a free 5000 credits.....

SweetTea

Trading: http://tinyurl.com/SweetTeasBoutique
@Lilac You and anyone else who wants to join is perfectly welcome. But it needs to be known that bad behavior is not tolerated in the movement nor is it tolerated in this game that everyone cares and spends so much time on. If you wrong another player, you can and will get banned. In all respect, that is what our movement is about, enforcing the rules, making friends and keeping the magic of this game alive. I think it's safe to say that our ultimate goal is to get every single player willing to be nice and play fair join our group. We do not discriminate, we are only trying to keep the peace. And as far as special friends go, I do not know anyone personally in-game or otherwise who has joined this movement aside from one friend who chose to support me and this movement. Best of luck to you, Lilac. If you still feel strongly against our movement, we fully respect that and that is your choice. But you are still welcome with open arms regardless.[DOUBLEPOST=1432912737][/DOUBLEPOST]@camzilla Our rules are the same as in-game and on the forums. We follow the same rules staff on these forums and hosts in-game issue. To put ourselves on a pedestal is to exclude someone outright. Everyone gets a chance to be involved. We have an open door policy. If you do not want to be a member, you are free to leave or never join in the first place. That is your right and we are not going to argue with you. But if you hurt another player or the community, just as you would be banned in-game, we do not see the point in encouraging someone to take part of our movement if they do not express good behavior. We will not be viewed as hypocritical.[DOUBLEPOST=1432912838][/DOUBLEPOST]We have decided to withdraw our proposal for the pin. I vote to delete it.

Last edited:
I don't think the pin should be in the game at all, however I really don't understand why you had to lash out like that. She never said anything about deeming anyone "worthy" or not. She did say anyone could be a part of the movement, and anyone was in capital letters for emphasis. I don't know what you mean by special friends because I've never actually met her or anyone else in the group for that matter until now. I just don't understand why people keep trying to put words in our mouths to turn us on our heads. Please don't go around bashing new ideas you're not willing to try. We're just trying to help.
@Lilac You and anyone else who wants to join is perfectly welcome. But it needs to be known that bad behavior is not tolerated in the movement nor is it tolerated in this game that everyone cares and spends so much time on. If you wrong another player, you can and will get banned. In all respect, that is what our movement is about, enforcing the rules, making friends and keeping the magic of this game alive. I think it's safe to say that our ultimate goal is to get every single player willing to be nice and play fair join our group. We do not discriminate, we are only trying to keep the peace. And as far as special friends go, I do not know anyone personally in-game or otherwise who has joined this movement aside from one friend who chose to support me and this movement. Best of luck to you, Lilac. If you still feel strongly against our movement, we fully respect that and that is your choice. But you are still welcome with open arms regardless.
if you want to help people, be kind. be considerate. be understanding. be loving. you don't need a special pin or a clique to do so. the point of my post was: you don't deserve special privileges just because you have good intentions, and excluding people at any point for any reason will not make this a better place.

JenJaws

The Owlmighty
So who in your little group decides who gets excluded?? who decides who is acting the way they like. If you ignore all facts and seriously approve of all current staff you will get a special pin? Seriously this sounds like another " clique". I play a few online games and never seen the need for anyone to form a group like this. How is this going to end the drama going around?
First off, Like GuardGirl said, the pin is unnecessary at this point. I have no special opinion what happens to the pin. It holds good and bad memories for me. Fake Skye is the reason I've made many of my friends on here, but her deceit will be tough to forgive.
No one gets excluded from joining. NO ONE! Have you been banned? You're welcome. Do think you are a nobody? You are still welcome! Are you opinionated and don't agree with the staff? You are still welcome! A majority vote to be the strongest decision maker, stronger than any staff opinion.
The 'exclusion' comes from the idea that we want everyone to be nice, friendly players. If you start swearing someone out in game, (which I have seen a lot lately), then maybe being a member of a group focused on kindness isn't for you. If you're willing to try to be a nicer person, no matter what your starting point is, you are still welcome.
Our goal is not to be a clique, but to be a team that helps to make MyVMK a happier place for EVERYONE, no matter who you are or what you think of us. Our goal is to hold events to bring people together. We are not MyVMK staff. There is no reward for anything we decide to do, other than the friendships we make. We just want to have family friendly games and environments for everyone.
This may not stop the drama, but I truly don't think it will feed it either. I feel like this is worth a shot, just to improve the atmosphere, even if it's just for one person.
To MIM members and those wanting to continue this conversation, I move that we take any discussion to the MIM Squad forum under the "General" forum.
Thank you, Jen

GuardGirl

Ace is the name, room recreation is the game.
if you want to help people, be kind. be considerate. be understanding. be loving. you don't need a special pin or a clique to do so. the point of my post was: you don't deserve special privileges just because you have good intentions, and excluding people at any point for any reason will not make this a better place.
I do understand where you're coming from,love. Thank you for your input. Have a nice day.

Whispered

Can we talk about how apparently the real Skye's family was apparently contacted, without her permission?

I seriously hope @Absolem and @Amy are doing something to ban anyone who did that from this site. That's ridiculously inappropriate, and you don't know what repercussions that could have.

JenJaws

The Owlmighty
Ok but are we going to find out who catfished
Honestly, I hope the staff never tells us who it is, and just deals with it on their own. We've had enough personal information leaks, and I wouldn't be surprised if it happened if we were told who Skye really is. While most of us know it's wrong to go after people in real life, there are clearly players that still find that okay, especially with Amy's recent scare.

iProsper

Honestly, I hope the staff never tells us who it is, and just deals with it on their own. We've had enough personal information leaks, and I wouldn't be surprised if it happened if we were told who Skye really is. While most of us know it's wrong to go after people in real life, there are clearly players that still find that okay, especially with Amy's recent scare.
okay fair point, but is it really personal information if it's just the person's ign? I want to know if i've ever interacted with them

JenJaws

The Owlmighty
okay fair point, but is it really personal information if it's just the person's ign? I want to know if i've ever interacted with them
I once found a person on facebook with only THEIR DOG AND IT'S NAME. (Lost dog came into the clinic, long story...) It took less than 10 minutes for me to know where the person lived, went to school, and how I could contact them by email.
If we just have a first name and state, it's possible. If we have an email? It's possible.
If it was someone at the memorial, it may be someone many people know, or someone who has told another member some real information at one time. I feel like that isn't something this community should go through again. Staff should just ban them, and tell us that the perpetrator has been banned.

You have a great point, but if that user has ever given out his/her first name, Instagram, Twitter, etc., then anyone who has it could be a danger to them. I think it would be safest to allow staff to do their job.

iProsper

I once found a person on facebook with only THEIR DOG AND IT'S NAME. (Lost dog came into the clinic, long story...) It took less than 10 minutes for me to know where the person lived, went to school, and how I could contact them by email.
If we just have a first name and state, it's possible. If we have an email? It's possible.
If it was someone at the memorial, it may be someone many people know, or someone who has told another member some real information at one time. I feel like that isn't something this community should go through again. Staff should just ban them, and tell us that the perpetrator has been banned.
ok i see your point. i still want to know though

Status
Not open for further replies.