Skye's Lucky Penny?

What would you like to be done with Skye's Lucky Penny Pin?

• Nothing, leave it as it is

Votes: 32 9.6%
  • Delete it from the game

Votes: 216 65.1%
  • Rename the pin

Votes: 84 25.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I, for one, am not upset by the things that happened. SkyeViolet spread a lot of joy, happiness, and smiles across MyVMK. While I disagree with her methods (posing as another person instead of creating a completely new, fictional human being), I think we should still remember what she did for us. In a way, we really did lose a member of the kingdom. SkyeViolet (real or not) is no longer playing the game. The person posing as her might be, but we likely will never see that particular name in the game again.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that she brought us together as a community when everything else was falling apart, and I think that's what's really important. I personally am fine with whatever decision is made about the pin (though I voted to rename it), but I think she taught us a lot about friendship, and that's really powerful to me.

Edit: what if we just took her name out of the pin? Instead of "Skye's Lucky Penny" it became the "Lucky Penny Pin."

HauntedMansionResidant

The Bellhop off the I-5
In light of recent events, we would like to ask the community for your help deciding the fate of Skye's Lucky Pin. I don't want to go into details of what happened, but I am sure if you ask around people will be willing to explain it to you if you don't know what this is about. We are just as confused as all of you are at this time.

Our question is, would you like to see the pin remain in the game, have them all deleted in the game, or rename them to something different (which would allow anyone already in possession of the pin to keep it, just under a new name). We'll leave this open for the weekend, and whatever you decide, we shall do.

We wanted to make a magical moment to help brighten up what we perceived as her last days with us on earth. It was great to see our community come together for someone the way all of you did. The emotions behind it were true and heartfelt. Despite what happened, don't let yourself forget those feelings you had, and how it affected us all.

We've been asked by the real Skye to remove the threads started by SkyeViolet. From what we can tell the entire thing was a hoax.
It's funny...i actualy thought I mattered enough that someone would want me around for their last moments. I dunno what to think now. I need more information though, i cant just assume things. I can't get on because the game is being weird but when i do can someone finaly explain this mess?

HauntedMansionResidant

The Bellhop off the I-5
I honestly would like to know how many people were nice to her just because they thought she was sick. How many of you would have actually been this nice to her if she wasn't giving her items back and would have been an average player?
you do have a really good point actually! I was there with Life when she said her goodbyes and it was clear who'd been around a while and who was looking for her free things, but i appreciate you posting this because I think about it a lot.

Zelena

you do have a really good point actually! I was there with Life when she said her goodbyes and it was clear who'd been around a while and who was looking for her free things, but i appreciate you posting this because I think about it a lot.
I've been curious about this since she said she was having a last day and giving her items back. Anyone can be nice when they know their items are coming back to them.

Any information we have regarding this matter will not be shared with the public. We value everyone's privacy, and us releasing things just to satisfy curiosities is really of no value to anyone here. Be assured, we are handling this as best as we can from our side. We understand players were affected, but not to the level where we should be releasing information about anyone.

The penny was made sellable last night because we understand some people were truly hurt by this situation, and wanted to be rid of it. We will still honor your votes on Sunday, so yes, if you are going to sell it, do so before then (from the looks of the poll as of now, the majority would like to see it be deleted). The true meaning behind the pin was beautiful, and the support we saw from all of you is why the sell amount was chosen. While credits can't mend a heart, like I said in my first post, the outreach from this community was amazing.
Thanks Abs, I know it is hard to please everyone. Thank you for trying! Your words and intentions were kind.

PlayerOne

I shoot when you're stuck.
I don't understand why, after it is clearly obvious the community wants these deleted, you make them sellable for 5k? Anyone who does not keep up with the forums or has been away a couple of days and did not see this thread (Especially since all the other ones about the subject were deleted) will have no idea what's going on. The end result is the same whether you make them sellable or delete them, the pin goes away. But the people who are in the loop get a free 5k..

If you're going to delete them, just delete them. Not make it sellable for a couple of days before so people who know about it can get some free credits and profit off of this.

Murph

DON'T BE LASAGNA
At first I was like omg yeah 5k creds wew and I sold it but now I feel bad tbh take the credits pls

Oreo

LIKE NOBODY'S BIDNEHHZ
I don't understand why, after it is clearly obvious the community wants these deleted, you make them sellable for 5k? Anyone who does not keep up with the forums or has been away a couple of days and did not see this thread (Especially since all the other ones about the subject were deleted) will have no idea what's going on. The end result is the same whether you make them sellable or delete them, the pin goes away. But the people who are in the loop get a free 5k..

If you're going to delete them, just delete them. Not make it sellable for a couple of days before so people who know about it can get some free credits and profit off of this.
your posts are always golden luv ya

Status
Not open for further replies.