So what happened today on VMK?

Oh my god. Just chill guys.. It's only a game. Amy could shut this down real quick and y'all would regret all what was said. She and all of her staff doesn't get paid to deal with y'all shenanigans.. So cut it out, kids.
I'm not sure how people providing constructive criticism is a justification for shutting down the game unless you're that fragile. If anything, the constructive criticism shows that people care enough about the game to provide feedback. No one in this whole thread is straight up bashing staff or bashing people defending staff, all posts that were critical of staff and what happened were civil and provided reasoning for their criticisms.

Last edited:
Oh my god. Just chill guys.. It's only a game. Amy could shut this down real quick and y'all would regret all what was said. She and all of her staff doesn't get paid to deal with y'all shenanigans.. So cut it out, kids.
Nothing bad was said? lol People were just saying it was cool to get a "hope you enjoyed the joke" or something along those lines and just a bit better timing. It's not like anyone was bashing the staff or saying any of those dreadful things that Amy posted have been said to her and the staff over the years. Most people enjoyed the joke once the chaos of the dc calmed down. A lot more terrible things that I've seen in my almost three years playing have been said. This is no where near close to that. Asking to communicate during confusion isn't a reason to shut down the game and nothing to regret for asking because again, it's not anything bad. If anything it's them wanting to keep the game up because they care.

All in all, the messages were comical and it was nice to see everyone enjoying themselves :rose::dance2:

Some people just take the game way too seriously. LOL
I think people take anything they care about seriously, can be games, can be movies, can be music/artists, can be politics, can be anything that you care about, and time investment also plays into that as well, someone who has invested a year of their time into something will more than likely care more than someone who has invested a month of their time into something.
How seriously to take something and how serious others perceive it to be is a matter of opinion, but I guess that's my opinion as well. You think that me and others are taking the game too seriously, others might think we're not taking the game as seriously as we could be and could be even more extreme by attempting to take the game down (which if you know what I'm talking about, people are trying to do).
Just hate the fact that on this site if you are even a bit negative and you're not all sunshine and rainbows, you're no-fun, take the game too seriously, etc. People think that those that are critical of the game are just bullying the staff, but those same people that tell the critics that they're bullies and that they take the game too seriously or that they're no fun could be perceived as bullies as well. Just wish that people could respect what the critics have to say instead of just basically casting them to the side, dismissing their opinions by saying "lol, you guys take the game too seriously"

So it's a bad thing to want clarification on things, and wanting to see this community grow and thrive? You have to give critiques in order for staff to know where some things may be going wrong, and how to improve.

It almost seems like the people here who are giving critiques are the ones who truly care about the longevity of this game. The others are perfectly fine watching it crash and burn.

It's hard to understand for new players that join the game because it's the norm right now and they aren't exactly aware of everything that happened in the past but to keep it short: it wasn't always like this. Three years ago, stuff wouldn't hit the ceiling. The only drama around here was between or within the cliques themselves on the game. Then since May of 2015 and until now, stuff hasn't always been the same around here and there's been a lot of tension in the game and with a lot of players (what's left of them). The game has come around a lot since then though and we've had our ups and downs but in a lot of people's minds, they compare it to those days and so yeah some of us are critical but civil as this thread has been so far. If it weren't, your eyes would not even hover any of those words. It'd be down in seconds. And yes, some are very critical and ask too much from our volunteered staff and step too far out of line as well at times and those are the posts that you also don't see. At the end of the day though, yeah it IS just still a game but it is also a game many, if not all of us played when we were younger. Many of the people play as a way to get away from their real lives because not everyone's lives are sunshine and rainbows so can't really blame people for wanting to hold onto what may very well be the only good thing going for them or because this is the only running VMK remake right now and they'd like to keep it that way.

Many of the people play as a way to get away from their real lives because not everyone's lives are sunshine and rainbows so can't really blame people for wanting to hold onto what may very well be the only good thing going for them or because this is the only running VMK remake right now and they'd like to keep it that way.
This right here, just because it's not as important to you, MyVMK might mean the world to somebody else, so yes they are going to take it "too seriously". If this game were to ever shut down I'm lucky enough to have a loving girlfriend, family, friends, and countless other things I'm thankful for to fall back on, others might not be as lucky. And like CoralHibiscus said, 99% of the people offering critiques are offering critiques to help improve the game and increase the longevity of the game so that everybody can enjoy it.

The way I see it, jokes happen randomly. There's no "better time" for it. Let's face it, there is never a better time to joke around on VMK. Everyone is either playing mini games, playing games in guest rooms or in a trade. Either way, people are going to complain. So if any of you had dc'd or lost your place in queue during the event because staff was joking around, I'm sorry. Honestly, the game has been very dull lately so some laughs now and then wouldn't hurt. I understand some people are upset at the fact staff didn't "communicate" afterwards with explanations, but honestly staff shouldn't have to communicate after every single small thing that goes on. Also, I'm all for giving ideas and such to improve the game, but critiquing every single move (like getting upset over a minor miscommunication over something small) is a little over-dramatic.

I feel like some people are still missing the point or being ignorant. The..... the attitude of some people really grinds my gears and people wonder why we are losing members or WHY the game is so darn boring. They should look at this thread and stop asking why.
I hate the fact some of you guys are telling us to chill and such or laughing at us as if this game wasn't your childhood either and it's just some clique frat party.
also

ya'll can still say whatever and watch the game crash and burn while some of us want it saved for others well being and happiness.
"it's just a game" we kinda don't care anymore.....
edit: we know it's just a game, sometimes my boyfriend has to remind me then i snap out of it. but this is getting annoying and there is no need to be so gosh darn rude with the "u r extra" and "im laughing" and etc.

Last edited by a moderator:

VMK_Kida

Atlantean Princess
We are so sorry if our staff jokes didn't sit well with some of you all. We were blowing off a bit of steam with all the call for helps pouring in and got caught up in the moment.
:look:

We do pay attention to each and every one of you alls posts constructive criticism or not. Although we aren't so well with communication beforehand we have informed everyone afterwards. (Bambi's event post/Angel's response to this thread are just a couple of communication posts)

We are still striving to be the staff you all would like us to be and are learning what pleases you all and are doing our best to get better.

We hope this month will be better for you all!

P.S.
Please do not be disrespectful to anyone's opinions on this thread.

:rainbow:

Honestly there is a lot that can be said here but to simplify it I will just say this.. I love this game. If nothing else it is nostalgia for me. This game is not Disney owned anymore and the staff and admins volunteer their personal time to this game. With all the drama that goes on, they could shut the game down with a snap of the fingers - but they choose to keep it going. The game is intended to be fun. If you're truly that unsatisfied with the game, then instead of trying to make everyone else miserable, you could just quit the game. I have met some of the nicest people on this game, and sadly there are still some people that are rude and full of so much drama - but guess what I do? I ignore it. Simple as that. This game is not your actual life. Maybe to some of you it plays a big part in your life if you're very dedicated and that's cool if it is. Everyone needs to calm down and just stop with the hatefulness. One day this game will not exist anymore. Enjoy it while it lasts. Everyone is entitled to an opinion but in stating your opinions you do not need to be cruel, and if it makes you feel better to rant then okay, but keep in mind - while it may make you temporarily feel better, your fussing isn't going to do any good.

Friendly reminder to keep this on-topic and be respectful of other people's opinions. I feel VMK_Kida put it very well:
We do pay attention to each and every one of you alls posts constructive criticism or not. Although we aren't so well with communication beforehand we have informed everyone afterwards. (Bambi's event post/Angel's response to this thread are just a couple of communication posts)

We are still striving to be the staff you all would like us to be and are learning what pleases you all and are doing our best to get better.

We hope this month will be better for you all!

P.S.
Please do not be disrespectful to anyone's opinions on this thread.

:rainbow:

Okay everyone listen. This is just a game! I love this game as much as everyone else. We are always on it having fun and such, and what does staff do -- they work all the time. Yes they have the games to host and play, but most of they time they are working. They deserve to have a little fun as well. I'm sure if someone was hacking the game staff would have said something while it was happening. Staff deserves to have a little fun as well. We all play mini games, trade, chat, and for the most part goof off, while staff is working. Let them have a little fun. Thank you! :)