Some items dont fit in?

Krista

Hi everyone!
So I know I have heard quite a few people talk about this so I figured id bring it up on the forums. I am not trying to insult/discourage anybody in any way, shape, or form. So if I offend anybody I sincerely apologize.

I feel as if some of the new items being released dont fit in with the original vmk items. I understand that it would be hard to match the graphics completely. But these items kind of remind me of toontown and other similar games. Just not vmk.

I know everybody works very hard on trying to work hard on new releases and graphics. I totally understand that and I thank you all so much . I just personally would like to see maybe some more original game items released, or maybe some revisions to help make the items fit into the game alittle bit better?

Again, I dont mean insult anybody. These admins do an amazing job with this game and I give serious props to them for making this possible for us! I am just beginning to lose that "vmk feel" with some of the items im seeing in game.

I hope you all understand where im coming from with this! I know that some of you will have your own opinions and feelings about this and im totally ok with that! :)

Yeah, the eggs( i understand these were community additions? Idk i wasnt playing then so im not sure, but as it was done as a community i understand these more) but the mickey furniture, the apple pie and baguette, the soda vending machines, trophies . All these things just dont have the vmk look, I cant really put my finger on why, i think partly its due to size. The size of a lot of new releases just doesnt fit in with the scale of original items so makes them stick out, and then I think more detail needs to go into the items themselves(i understand this is asking a lot but im a firm believer of quality over quantity and would love to see fewer releases of a higher quality)

VMKfan

I agree with you 100%. Most of the items that are made now do not fit the game's style at all. It has a VFK or Toontown kind of style like you said. I think we should perhaps hold off on customized designs until we have graphic artists that ARE able to match the art to this game.

Huai

Magic Maker
I have to agree to this. I'm a long time VMK'er and fellow artistic creator, things just are not quite right. I know that they want to create new and fantastic things for us and we are very thankful for them to do this, but I think it would be best to create 2 - 3 High Quality VMK items rather than something like 10 - 12 low resolution "Toon'ish" items. We all know it's possible, look at things like the Sparky Hat and Darth Vader Outfit, those were created for this game and weren't in the Old VMK and they came out great looking.

Please try to put Quality over Quantity when making game items for us. If it takes longer for things to be released, that's OK, we know it will be worth it.

Yeah. There has been so many good releases that look like the old vmk style, i think a lot of these are clothing though. The clothing releases are a lot better in quality than the furni releases. Im struggling atm to think of a furni release that has matched the game lately.

I'm with you on this one. I used to get so excited over new releases and for last couple of months... It's been rather lacking. Not because the designs are bad, it's just they're not exactly what this game is. They don't fit in. Instead of me just rambling, though, I'd like to think of a solution. How about making designing a competition? Let the players submit their own VMK designs and artwork - we vote for the best ideas, and the top 3-5 players receive a prize of sorts. Even better, maybe the community could help choose a permanent designer for the VMK team. I think this would bring back old players and make the new ones feel apart of the community.

joshzj

I like giraffes
I'm with you on this one. I used to get so excited over new releases and for last couple of months... It's been rather lacking. Not because the designs are bad, it's just they're not exactly what this game is. They don't fit in. Instead of me just rambling, though, I'd like to think of a solution. How about making designing a competition? Let the players submit their own VMK designs and artwork - we vote for the best ideas, and the top 3-5 players receive a prize of sorts. Even better, maybe the community could help choose a permanent designer for the VMK team. I think this would bring back old players and make the new ones feel apart of the community.
i like the designer idea.

Last edited by a moderator:
a permanent designer or two who have a good quality style(which fits with the original vmk items) would be great. The community could send in their designs and then these designers could reproduce them to fit in with the vmk style.

New items released were great but thats because
1. The clothing items are of a good quality and like I said in a previous post its mostly furni that doesnt fit in.
2. The furni that was released was another recolour, so they arent exactly changing much.

The flag that was added looks just like the rest only silver and I feel that none of the flags fit in with the styling and these are something that could do with a redesign.

Though I am happy that they released more than one item this week and there is a nice range of clothing, furni and pin :)

VMKfan

The hats, ears, and Epcot pin all look good which match up to the design of the original VMK. The furniture on the other hand should not be released until they match the same design, they don't fit it at all.

Also curious, how many designers do we have left?

The hats, ears, and Epcot pin all look good which match up to the design of the original VMK. The furniture on the other hand should not be released until they match the same design, they don't fit it at all.

Also curious, how many designers do we have left?
thank you, i appreciate your compliments very much bc i know you dont give them out very often. lol i just make hats and clothing usually, i made the cheshire hat, and the ears this month, and have a few other surprises coming later. I don't make furniture, and i don't think im supposed to tell how many people we have or who made them. I think it's up to them to tell you themselves.