Spray Paint Art

Kinglaser

So uh.. hi. Most of you probably haven't seen me in a while, and if you've only joined within the last few months then you probably don't know me at all since I'm so inactive. Just wanted to give an update on what Ive been doing the last few weeks.

I started doing spray paint art, and while they're not great, I rather like them, considering I've only been doing it for two weeks. Sooo.. here are some of the ones Ive done so far.
*Note* Most of these ones were sort of tests, trying a different technique or something new to add to the paintings. So yeah, obviously they arent great, cause theyre the first time Ive done a specific aspect (Ill point those out)

On this one, I was testing the moon surface at the bottom. If it werent for the glare in the picture, you could see some of the texture, though it looks relatively flat. I also wanted to try and texturize the plane on the left. Yeah. Wont be doing that again.
Not as much of a test, though I did try three different planet techniques. You can see the differences between the green, blue/gold, or green/blue/orange planets
Wasnt really a test, though I (and a few others) really like how this one turned out. Aside from some bad shading on the blue one.
First attempt at an eclipse scene, and a planet style on the upper left. Needs work..
This was a lot. First time I ever did mountains, clouds, rocks, and waterfalls. I like how it all turned out, aside from the rocks. (also random comets in the top cause I accidentally got wet paint on it *shrug*)
Second attempt at mountains, but done with a different technique. Also my first attempt to put a ring on a planet (didn't go too well) and my second attempt at an eclipse.

Update 2/19:
The lighting is really bad, sorry

Last edited:

Neda

This is pretty cool! I always see videos of people doing this and it blows my mind how they get to the final product.
Good job!

mark

10 mins late to everything
these are great! I always see artists spraying them in the city in New York, they look great. People also like to add skyscrapers if you want a new idea.

Kinglaser

these are great! I always see artists spraying them in the city in New York, they look great. People also like to add skyscrapers if you want a new idea.
Ive seen that, I know the concept, but Ive never tried it. Im trying to work my way through landscapes, then into more custom things, like buildings and such

I use to do space paint art two summers ago, it was cool to always to see the final result. Your art looks nice :D How did you do the stars? I always had trouble with it :art:

Kinglaser

I use to do space paint art two summers ago, it was cool to always to see the final result. Your art looks nice :D How did you do the stars? I always had trouble with it :art:
I just flick them on Spray it onto my finger, knock the big blobs off to the side, then flick them onto the painting!

DANG for two weeks you are on a roll! Keep it up! Keep updating this I would like to see more! I always see these stuff at fairs/downtown events and I always forget to buy one for my home! These are the best!
THe first time I saw it done was over two years, at the welcome week my first year at community college, my junior year of high school.
Ill probably be making more tomorrow, if any of them are good Ill post them on here!

THe first time I saw it done was over two years, at the welcome week my first year at community college, my junior year of high school.
Ill probably be making more tomorrow, if any of them are good Ill post them on here!
sweeeeeeeet yeah!! they are amazing! The people would do it right in front of everyone and just amazingnessssssssssss happens! Cool yeah post more!

Updated with the three paintings I did tonight

Kinglaser

Ok, just adding the new ones in this comment, sorry for the 2 week break between posts.

Ones I dont like as much:
One of my first tries at a rock foreground
Ok so I know this one looks weird. Basically the idea behind it is like looking through a portal, but its hard to actually pull off..
Early attempt at a full scene. Needs work, pretty sloppy imo
Ones I do like:
Looking through a tunnel of sorts.

Kinglaser

I don't know you since I just started, but I really like your attempts. They're pretty :D
Thanks! I'm still trying to get some of the techniques down (like the order of layering some paints and what to do first), but I've already had some people interested in buying some!