Suggested changes in MyVMK

Greed is a problem. Get rid of it. Don't go the way of VMK and have people going on eBay to "sell"/trade rare items. Just make them available all the time. Keep the game fun and don't force people to stress to play fireworks (which takes forever) to earn enough credits to "buy" items before they disappear. Let everyone enjoy the game with items and let their creativity fly!

If items were available all the time at decent "prices", you wouldn't see the nasty trade problems that plagued the original VMK. It was fun, at first, but when "rare" things started, it got crazy and lost the magic.

Another suggestion, though probably impossible, is to let our codes for items work again. I saved them in folders and would love to use them.

I feel like that last statement counteracted the entire argument.

I agree with this, sort of. The problem with people is they take it way to seriously and all they want to do is trade and be the best on the game. They aren't enjoying what we have been given! My biggest regret with VMK was I didn't really take a look around and see what the game was. There was so much detail put into the game and we couldn't see it cause we were blinded by Stitch hates and inferno. All i'm saying is we need to stop with the obsessive trading and be grateful for what has been given back to us after wanting it for so long..

Myth

Do you know how many years it would take for them to round up everyone's codes from vmk? They'd have to literally have photographic proof of your card, show its yours with your name in it, enter it into their database, etc.. etc.
that would take so long.
codes=gone

karkat

IT IS LITERALLY IMPOSSIBLE TO PUT AN END TO SOMETHING AS BASIC TO THE HUMAN BEING AS GREED
wow people wants things, imagine that!!!!!!!! theyre so greedy for wanting things that i dont have!!!!!

DuckSwimmer

callofdutyღ
If everything was out to the public, there would be no point of this game. Majority would quit and only the boring anti-social ones would remain. Why does nobody understand this..
&LOL I know right Acey, like you want everything released.. Why would you want the codes to work? I mean, I thought you could already get everything. And I'm sorry if you didn't know by MyVMK isn't ran by Disney.. so that's basically nearly impossible to get that working again.

If everything was out to the public, there would be no point of this game. Majority would quit and only the boring anti-social ones would remain.
I don't get your reasoning. If the greed aspect was gone and the game was about hanging out with friends, being creative, being silly, playing games, doing quests, creating rooms, role playing, cos play, etc., how would that leave only anti-social/boring people in the game?

DuckSwimmer

callofdutyღ
I don't get your reasoning. If the greed aspect was gone and the game was about hanging out with friends, being creative, being silly, playing games, doing quests, creating rooms, role playing, cos play, etc., how would that leave only anti-social/boring people in the game?
Because after a while it would get boring. Earning items by trading and doing events is fun like crazy. The challenge is always the best part. Getting it easy is never the way to go.

Edit: Maybe anti-social wasn't the best word to describe the group of people I was referring to, but I was mainly referring to builders since I know a few that never wanna be bothered when they're building. Conversations get boring after a while. It just wouldn't be fun.

RocketJena

We're human. Everyone has greed. That isn't a problem that can be fixed by any means. The game not only relies on mini-games, creativity, and socializing. It also depends on an economy. A lot people enjoy the challenge of gaining "rare" items and building their accounts up. It adds to the fun of the game. They can't make everyone happy. In Disney's VMK, there was an economy with retired items and rare items. Its the way the game was created, and Amy isn't going to change that.

Graham

オミッド
Greed is a problem. Get rid of it.
that's a bit hard since greed is in all of us
Don't go the way of VMK and have people going on eBay to "sell"/trade rare items. Just make them available all the time.
because that won't get boring or anything...
If items were available all the time at decent "prices", you wouldn't see the nasty trade problems that plagued the original VMK. It was fun, at first, but when "rare" things started, it got crazy and lost the magic.
????
what nasty trade problems?
all the trade transactions i've seen go smoothly
Another suggestion, though probably impossible, is to let our codes for items work again. I saved them in folders and would love to use them.
uhhh you contradicted yourself

I feel like that last statement counteracted the entire argument.
How does it counteract? If things are available in the stores and stay available, it wouldn't matter that players from before who still have their cards could use them. It just means we wouldn't have to play fireworks as much. For those of us who are getting older, the tiny MyVMK screen and fireworks symbols make the game a little more difficult than it was a few years ago.

What's sad is people overriding the filters to say bad words and, apparently, already figuring out how to tweak the fireworks game to their advantage. Again, if things were less expensive and stayed longer, there would be less need for cheating.

- - - Updated - - -

that's a bit hard since greed is in all of us

because that won't get boring or anything...

????
what nasty trade problems?
all the trade transactions i've seen go smoothly

uhhh you contradicted yourself
Again, as I said to Acey, not contradicting. Cards wouldn't really matter if everything was available with low credit costs. Just saying cards would be nice, though I realize it is probably impossible. When I played before, I had young family members that had stuff stolen in bad trades like the Haunted Mansion suit or people who would ask to "try it on" and then disappear with it.

I'd love to see how creative others could get with their rooms without running out of credits to buy supplies or not being able to get an item before it disappeared.

Graham

オミッド
How does it counteract? If things are available in the stores and stay available, it wouldn't matter that players from before who still have their cards could use them. It just means we wouldn't have to play fireworks as much. For those of us who are getting older, the tiny MyVMK screen and fireworks symbols make the game a little more difficult than it was a few years ago.

What's sad is people overriding the filters to say bad words and, apparently, already figuring out how to tweak the fireworks game to their advantage. Again, if things were less expensive and stayed longer, there would be less need for cheating.

- - - Updated - - -

Again, as I said to Acey, not contradicting. Cards wouldn't really matter if everything was available with low credit costs. Just saying cards would be nice, though I realize it is probably impossible. When I played before, I had young family members that had stuff stolen in bad trades like the Haunted Mansion suit or people who would ask to "try it on" and then disappear with it.

I'd love to see how creative others could get with their rooms without running out of credits to buy supplies or not being able to get an item before it disappeared.
That's why you don't let people try things on like that. More people are mature so they aren't gonna scam or fall prey to scams, cards aren't nice because not everyone has cards.

Kay

i don't know
one of the main reasons i play vmk is to trade.
i love the thrill of earning items and working for them.
the world that you wish to create is called communism.
and we all know that does not work.
i haven't really seen anyone get items just to show off the virtual world how "rich they are".
they do it for the fun of collecting and playing the game.
if the game was just about talking to everyone, it would be club penguin.
sure, people are gonna complain about the economy.
they just need to work for what they have.

Main problem with this is you are basically asking for the whole value of things to get swept away, which would kind of ruin the whole point of trading and getting items. Which at least half of the people that play the game, play to do that exact thing. So it would kind of ruin what they are trying to do.

For example: I mainly trade, it's what I do on these types of games, especially since I can't really make rooms or don't enjoy playing mini games too much. So basically if they were to do what you said, I really wouldn't have too much of a reason to continue playing.

Hopefully you would see my problem with this.

I love John Stossel lol

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

What she said was"EVERYONE NEEDS TO STOP BEING SO GREEDY! but i miss my old stuff so can we make codes work again?"
that is greed..

John

If you want to have all the items in OpenVMK then make a private server and give yourself that privilege

That's why there is the "Private Server Development" section on the forums

Meanwhile, we are all here for MyVMK