Support For Builders!!!

Bird

MyVMKPal Webmaster Dev
I have quite a hefty suggestion for the game.

Problem:
I would like to have more support for the room builders.
How to solve it:
-Solution 1: Allow more credit distribution with more expensive clothing
-Solution 2: Make non-seasonal furniture 5 credits each across the board to allow building of super-rooms.
-Solution 3: Devise a two-currency economy. A Furniture Currency and a Clothing Currency
-Solution 4: Code a Builder API that opens a dashboard of building furniture to make room crafting super easy.

I admit solution 3 and 4 is very hard.. Although not impossible, it would not be Amy's prime focus for a long while.
Solutions 1 and 2 are easy to do, just change a couple numbers around in the engine config.

I'm curious, why would clothing have to be more expensive? I think as long as they provide us with more ways to earn credits, people will begin building. I didn't have the funds to build anything and didn't really care for the pixels they released so I didn't really start on any projects.

Bird

MyVMKPal Webmaster Dev
Meanestpianist said:
I'm curious, why would clothing have to be more expensive? I think as long as they provide us with more ways to earn credits, people will begin building. I didn't have the funds to build anything and didn't really care for the pixels they released so I didn't really start on any projects.
Clothing would be more expensive simply becuase it holds no benefit to own more than one, other than to trade and make more money, but im focusing only on the fact that it requires a bunches of the same furniture items to build a great room.

Fiyero

I can see you've done a good bit of thinking on this, but to be honest, I don't see the point. Builders have got along fine before and still will. Even when oVMK was open for a week, people still made some great rooms! At the start, you may just have to be frugal and inventive.

Meanestpianist said:
Like here said, building rooms isn't cheap. You can easily spend a tens of thousands of credits on a room, so being able to obtain key components in massive quantities would be quite nice. 25 credits might not seem like much for soemthing like an Ice Cube or Bamboo Trunk, but when you start needing 100's of them for a room idea, you start eating into your budget for buying limited time clothing really fast. I know whenever I was working on a room, I'd need to play a lot more pirates to fund it, and still be able to afford getting 2 or 3 of items I thought would be useful for trading later.

Monorail

I think that the way they had no way of earning credits other than every 12 hours from NPC's was a tad dumb. Hopefully, with MMK, we will have a steadier flow or opportunity to receive credits, thus making buying easier.

relizabeth

The_Jedi_Master said:
Meanestpianist said:
Like here said, building rooms isn't cheap. You can easily spend a tens of thousands of credits on a room, so being able to obtain key components in massive quantities would be quite nice. 25 credits might not seem like much for soemthing like an Ice Cube or Bamboo Trunk, but when you start needing 100's of them for a room idea, you start eating into your budget for buying limited time clothing really fast. I know whenever I was working on a room, I'd need to play a lot more pirates to fund it, and still be able to afford getting 2 or 3 of items I thought would be useful for trading later.
But thats the point of the game. to play games and get money so you can fund your room building. I would play hours and hours of pirates to get money to make a water park that i built. I had about 20 rooms that you would slide around and each room had a different theme. It took me a very long time but it was fun to play pirates and make friends while i was building. I think we should keep the price that things were in the original vmk or close to the same prices.

relizabeth said:
The_Jedi_Master said:
Meanestpianist said:
But thats the point of the game. to play games and get money so you can fund your room building. I would play hours and hours of pirates to get money to make a water park that i built. I had about 20 rooms that you would slide around and each room had a different theme. It took me a very long time but it was fun to play pirates and make friends while i was building. I think we should keep the price that things were in the original vmk or close to the same prices.
Digagree. I never built any rides for that exact reason. The parts were too expensive. There's little reason to price that high, and there's so much more creative freedom if I can afford to buy 20 of each pixel, and then have room to mess around with them and make something, go back and get more pixels of the colors I need. It's not that I want furnishing to be free, just that I like keeping anything that's going to be used in large quantities in room building under 100 credits each.

The_Jedi_Master said:
Meanestpianist said:
I don't think I'm reading this right or something. Why would clothing need to be more expensive in order for builders to build better? If you don't want to spend your money on clothes, dont. Its your freedom to spend your credits the way you want. Shouldn't you be proposing the clothing to be cheaper? I'm so confused lol

Meanestpianist said:
The_Jedi_Master said:
Meanestpianist said:
I don't think I'm reading this right or something. Why would clothing need to be more expensive in order for builders to build better? If you don't want to spend your money on clothes, dont. Its your freedom to spend your credits the way you want. Shouldn't you be proposing the clothing to be cheaper? I'm so confused lol
The original post proposed raising prices on clothing, keeping the furnish the same and inflating the credits supply. I agree with the general idea, but I suppose it'd be simpler just to make furnishing cheaper though, and not inflate the credit supply. I'm just for making furnishing cheaper, because I like cool rooms, and would love having it be easier to do them. I don't hate clothing by any means.

The_Jedi_Master said:
The original post proposed raising prices on clothing, keeping the furnish the same and inflating the credits supply. I agree with the general idea, but I suppose it'd be simpler just to make furnishing cheaper though, and not inflate the credit supply. I'm just for making furnishing cheaper, because I like cool rooms, and would love having it be easier to do them. I don't hate clothing by any means.
Oh! Okay I see the reasoning behind that now. I wasn't really linking the two together and eventually forgot about the first part all together. Thanks for clearing that up for me. I still just think once we get mini games it won't be a problem though. They could also release blocks like ice cubes and blue crates as prizes for winning the mini games as was done previously in vmk. Pixels are cheap too! And remember ride-a-thons for track pieces? I'm sure if there is a big enough interest we could have in game events like this to curtail the prices of building rooms. Amy and Kevin seem very receptive to community suggestions.