Talking Smack in Pirates/New Pirates Game Idea

Tonight, among many others, I was again faced with smack talking wanna-bes about POTC. Now this game isn't even out yet, and we can only hope it will be soon as possible. Yet, being a winning pirate from old VMK, this causes me and my friends to be talked to about how we are going to lose at pirates. As much as this is funny to us, it also got me to thinking of an idea we had back in the day of old VMK. You always had to pay to play pirates, 21 credits, yet they may not apply that to this version, once again when it is released. (Also, lets all hope and pray for that being soon.) I am wondering now, how difficult it could be to make a way to have side bets on any POTC Battle and CTF, at say only level 3 or something, so we can weed out the fakers, like I see talking daily. Not sure really how this can be built of course, or I would be helping Amy. But it seems to me, as this in not old VMK by Disney and MyVMK by Amy and her staff, that this could be done without much more effort, just guessing.

Think about this, not only would you have to listen to smack talking day dreamers, but it can now be laid to rest with how much they are willing to bet. This is the more mature persons VMK right, so lets get some gambling happening. Really can it be that bad? It's not like we are playing the lottery or bingo or anything. LOL

P.S. I am not waiting on Pirates to open to take care of you smack talkers, always remember, you all are waiting on me. What's that tell you?

BaseballStarz

I love this idea! I would like to bet against others during POTC games. It would be much more competitive and fun. I hope the staff can implement something like this into the game.

You say this is for "mature" players in VMK? This entire idea screams childish.

Sorry for being honest, hope I didn't offend anyone.

Let me make it clearer for you on the "mature" comment I made. I hear a lot about how this VMK is a more mature version of VMK, though I have not really seen it, and don't care either way. I guess it was kind of a mockery of what I read and hear. As for the idea being childish, I just don't see that at all. So basically what you mean is betting in general, is a childish act?

Maltoo

Tonight, among many others, I was again faced with smack talking wanna-bes about POTC. Now this game isn't even out yet, and we can only hope it will be soon as possible. Yet, being a winning pirate from old VMK, this causes me and my friends to be talked to about how we are going to lose at pirates. As much as this is funny to us, it also got me to thinking of an idea we had back in the day of old VMK. You always had to pay to play pirates, 21 credits, yet they may not apply that to this version, once again when it is released. (Also, lets all hope and pray for that being soon.) I am wondering now, how difficult it could be to make a way to have side bets on any POTC Battle and CTF, at say only level 3 or something, so we can weed out the fakers, like I see talking daily. Not sure really how this can be built of course, or I would be helping Amy. But it seems to me, as this in not old VMK by Disney and MyVMK by Amy and her staff, that this could be done without much more effort, just guessing.

Think about this, not only would you have to listen to smack talking day dreamers, but it can now be laid to rest with how much they are willing to bet. This is the more mature persons VMK right, so lets get some gambling happening. Really can it be that bad? It's not like we are playing the lottery or bingo or anything. LOL

P.S. I am not waiting on Pirates to open to take care of you smack talkers, always remember, you all are waiting on me. What's that tell you?
Sounds like a plan to me, being that we were hard to beat in the "old" days! I think a betting side line would be fun and I assume that "betting" is so childish that Vegas is really hurting for business.

OLOLOLOLL0000LLLOL m8 listen ill rekk u at PoTC. CTF m8? What is this MLG?l oOL. ur nothin m8, u couldnt hit a bus stuck in traffic m8. CTF, L, hue, lel.
PoTC MLG Circuit 2K13: Sponsored by MVMKYOLO

#LGBTunit:
1) Disney
2) Zeus
3) Disney
4) Zeus

Not really though.

Love it Jones! What a fantastic idea!!!! Not sure why someone said it wasn't mature...as Maltoo said....Vegas is hardly for the immature! Pirates was and is by far my favorite of the former VMK games to play and I never understood why people who weren't all that good could sit and talk smack about those of us who were. We all excelled at different games and while I and many of my friends were great at POTC....I totally stink at Fireworks for the most part but I never talk smack to those who are great at that game!

You could always just put them on ignore and keep on enjoying what you do best. :) I, personally, wouldn't like to encourage gambling with the number of younger users on the game.

Sllhouette, here is how I imagine it would have to be done. If you create a game of POTC, then inside that created game you get another question asking you "Cost per Player". In the old game, you have to pay 21 credits for each game, so you would have the option of maybe choosing 20, 50, 100 or 500, for example. This is about the only way I think it could be coded into the game, but again that's a guess. Really the way it would have to be done, I am not sure how much of a gambling promotion it would be. I was aware of the possibility of younger players when I wrote this, but now that you have made this comment, it made me think about how this really could happen.

Honestly, I am sure we are more so hoping for Pirates just to be released, than any adjustments to it. From now on though, due to the possible younger players, I think I will refer to this idea as "Adjustable Costs per Player" as opposed to "Betting on POTC"

I appreciate the reminder of the possibility of younger players, because I have seem to run into so few of them, I tend to not think of that.

It sounds like an interesting idea to me, maybe be able to place the credits you have so far in that game of Battle or CTF, (on a voluntary basis). I don't know who is smack talking since I really don't see many people I remember from the leader boards back in those days. I do have some screenshots( somewhere), and I can assure those who are smack talking they must have a bad memory if they are telling Jones they are gonna beat him at CTF, since a group of us held most spots on the leader boards for quite a while in the last year of VMK.

When the game comes out, with or without the side bets, the talented players will be obvious just as it is in Fireworks, on the leader boards. Why smack talk at all? Just play and enjoy yourself when the game returns!

- - - Updated - - -

As a side note, I'd much rather just see POTC return, than be delayed by adding elements that didn't originally exist!

Let me make it clearer for you on the "mature" comment I made. I hear a lot about how this VMK is a more mature version of VMK, though I have not really seen it, and don't care either way. I guess it was kind of a mockery of what I read and hear. As for the idea being childish, I just don't see that at all. So basically what you mean is betting in general, is a childish act?
No. The fact that this idea derived from the argument on "I'm better than you - no you're not, I'm better". This isn't an OMGPop mini-game nor does it have anything to do with Vegas being "childish" as someone else stated. You kids take your arguments and keep them to yourself. Make personal bets and if someone chooses not to deliver, you'll still remember you won. Unless you're asking for a "Who Beat Who In Bets" board on the homepage, in which case, I rest my case on this 'childish' topic.