Tester Applications Now Open

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amy

Head Administrator
I'm looking for people to invite onto the MyVMK testing server. This thread is just an announcement letting you know that you can apply.

Testers? For what?
New features added to MyVMK. But not on the live game. Let me explain, there's a separate testing server for MyVMK (one which I only just set up). It's a clone of MyVMK, except that all account/item/room/etc information has been wiped. Registration is not available on this server, and never will be. In-game accounts are transferred to the test server (ONLY accounts, not items or anything else). I've set this server up so all updates can be tested before going out to the live game (they were tested before, but not with other players because I hadn't had time to get something like this running yet). Major updates will make it to the test server first.

What's it like on there?
Well, it's different. I can promise you that. Everyone on there has the ability to give themselves any item in the game. Everyone has a silly amount of credits to spend. But this isn't for fun, it's just so the people on there can test anything they want to. We're looking for people who know how to properly find and report bugs. On this server, you are allowed encouraged to try and find bugs, and provide steps to reproduce them. Access to the testing server requires you to fill out reports whenever you find a bug, or if you don't find any, to let us know that it's going well so we know you're using your access properly.

Why do you need testers?
To put it simply, because if it's just me testing features then I'll miss something. Remember when fireworks was released? Yeah. I don't want to repeat that story so ask around :p

What do I need to become a tester?
The only requirement is that you can fill out good bug reports. Aside from that, there isn't much we need. Well, besides a little of your time! Users with high activity will get priority over other users though, just a warning.

If you want to apply, send an email to contact@myvmk.com - just let us know why you should be picked, your age, why you want access, and an example of how you'd report a bug to us. Put "TESTAPP: " at the start of the email subject or your application won't be considered. If you're accepted, we'll email you with instructions for how to get on and how to transfer your account. There's not much to this thread but there doesn't really need to be I don't think.

Fiyero

Will the account we transfer to the test server still be available on the game as well? Or will it be basically submitting ourselves to testing and testing alone?

Amy

Head Administrator
Will the account we transfer to the test server still be available on the game as well? Or will it be basically submitting ourselves to testing and testing alone?
No it'll be available on both, denying you access to the main game would be a weird way of doing it.

I can only imagine the amount of apps from people who have never done any bugging in another game. "I followed a tutorial on YouTube to get outside the map on Call of Duty." lol - the only bugging I did was with my friend Hej on RS but that was like two years ago... Hopefully you get someone who actually bugs.

Littlebelle

Smile and the world smiles with you
Well considering I am spending like 18 hours a day on Myvmk I am sure I have plenty of time to fill out bug reports. I love to be a detective :) Getting my magnifying glass ready.

So all of our account items will be transferred to our tester version? what about vice versa? Or is it just our character that gets transferred?
No, they won't, considering you have access to !give and an insane amount of credits (which I don't seem to have right now (the credits)).

Status
Not open for further replies.