The Gold Star Rewards Pin

Tohrukun

Does this only count for things player do IN-GAME, or does it extend to the forums too? Because I see a lot more good deeds being done on the forums then I do in game, such as Ranch's new releases donation effort for Hipstahh :D

If this is not the case, and it's only for in-game deeds, could good deeds on the forums be considered? Thank you! :twist:

I'd like to think that people could be rewarded for forum-based things. It's a lovely way to recognise great achievements on a social scale. :)

Exodus

Wow, just what we need. Thanks Amy. Brilliant implementation. BRING OUT THE TEACHER'S PETS.

We all know TRUE good deeds go unnoticed, because they don't get flaunt. Also, this is a form of favoritism and based on being subjective as every staff judges differently.

Tohrukun

The star is for reporting ingame bugs and people being mean and such :)
The shade! but the truth!
huh?

Wow, just what we need. Thanks Amy. Brilliant implementation. BRING OUT THE TEACHER'S PETS.

We all know TRUE good deeds go unnoticed, because they don't get flaunt. Also, this is a form of favoritism and based on being subjective as every staff judges differently.
Let's not call out staff please :um:

philitup

The Internet Champion!

I like the idea of the pin on paper but this post does have some truth to it. I'd like to hope it isn't used in that way, though.

InaDaze

The Confused One.

Let's not call out staff please :um:
It's unfortunately something you can't deny. It's an alright thing to have brought out to show those who help but I'm hoping this thing does come back and become a problem... I can see numerous people complaining on here about this system.

Personally though I will help anyone that needs it whether I get noticed or not... I enjoy helping others if they need it and don't need a pin to show that I'm helpful. As Exodus said, true good deeds usually go unnoticed.

We'll see what happens with this and I hope people don't get upset over not getting this after doing something nice. People shouldn't only look to do nice things just to earn a silly pin.

Tohrukun

ok, but back to my original question: dies anyone know if this will extend to the forums?

I would just like to know more information about this program in general, because I don't know what to make of it, due to the insufficient amount of info on the newsletter

Sorry, Toh, I don't know that answer to this. However, I would think that an individuals actions on the forums would reflect an individual's actions in the game and vice versus. I'm sure that someone being kind around a host isn't going to sway their opinion as to whether that individual deserves the pin. We have seen many individual's attitudes change when a host is present. I'm fairly certain that two of the pins were given to individuals for contacting a host outside of the game, but for something occurring within.

Tohrukun

ok, but back to my original question: dies anyone know if this will extend to the forums?

I would just like to know more information about this program in general, because I don't know what to make of it, due to the insufficient amount of info on the newsletter
Sorry, Toh, I don't know that answer to this. However, I would think that an individuals actions on the forums would reflect an individual's actions in the game and vice versus. I'm sure that someone being kind around a host isn't going to sway their opinion as to whether that individual deserves the pin. We have seen many individual's attitudes change when a host is present. I'm fairly certain that two of the pins were given to individuals for contacting a host outside of the game, but for something occurring within.
yeah I don't like the idea of this gold star rewards program

From my point of view, it is sad to think it takes the possibility of a Gold Star Pin when you do a good deed for someone. It makes sense to me to do good deeds to all players all the time.

---------------------------

Good deeds should happen every day...not just when they are handing out a gold star.

InaDaze

The Confused One.
Toh to answer your question with my opinion: I hope not.(Only a staff member could give you an answer to this question so I would send a PM to one of them and see if plan to do that.) The forums can get their own rewards for such things but nothing done on the forums should reflect back to an item in the game for regular forum members. I totally forgot about this system in VMK and I now remember it after being reminded or this pin.

Tohrukun

Toh to answer your question with my opinion: I hope not.(Only a staff member could give you an answer to this question so I would send a PM to one of them and see if plan to do that.) The forums can get their own rewards for such things but nothing done on the forums should reflect back to an item in the game for regular forum members. I totally forgot about this system in VMK and I now remember it after being reminded or this pin.
what confuses me is that the pin is rewarded for "being nice to other players"-but how will that be judged? and players do more "nice things" for each other on the forums then in the game

personally i dont like the system at all because its just gonna be tons of people being fake nice to each other or desperately looking for wrongdoings and/or bugs to report to amy

philitup

The Internet Champion!

I'd really like it to be, since I spend a lot more time here then in-game. I just don't want this (As I said before) to turn into something bad.

Jasmine

what confuses me is that the pin is rewarded for "being nice to other players"-but how will that be judged? and players do more "nice things" for each other on the forums then in the game

personally i dont like the system at all because its just gonna be tons of people being fake nice to each other or desperately looking for wrongdoings and/or bugs to report to amy
I don't like it either. I can already see lots of favoritism happening. It's inevitable with this game...
And to me, it sounds as if it'd be solely based on in-game actions, but I don't know. I didn't get the impression that we'd be able to nominate other players, and in that case, the only way I can think of staff finding out about a good deed would be from them watching players in-game. But then again, I don't know.

InaDaze

The Confused One.
I agree with you that I don't like this system. I just see too many things that could bring more harm than any actual good.

Tohrukun

Thanks Toe for the example use.. you are a sweetheart. <3
you're welcome! :D

I've seen so many genuine generous and kind actions on this forums, and sometimes in the game (bc it's more noticeable on the forums), and I wouldn't want a rewards system to ruin this