The VMK Apocalypse: Survivors of the Undead. Chapter 2

CocoBandicoot

I haven't quit; college happened.
•?*A•M•Y*?•

A week had passed since I had arrived back home. I had been residing mainly in the monorail, all of which did not operate anymore. I had spent many long, sleepless nights in my quarters drawing an entire map of the ruins. I had set up my command base of computers and wifi, (which I had stolen from the outside civilization-it's the end of the world, whose gonna arrest me?) for I had hopes of restoring the kingdom so we did not have to live like this anymore. (I forgot to mention I have pretty amazing skills with computer programming, coding, and hacking which I never really knew I had until I jacked a couple of Walmart and Best Buy security systems.)
Now, if only I could get the other survivors to agree with me..or like me.

Coco sat across from me, staring at me with her fiery, Caribbean eyes; observing and analyzing each bite I took of my eggs and bacon, sunny-side up with buttered toast. I became so lost in eating that I forgot she was even there.
"Slow down, or you'll choke!" She commanded with a slight hint of concern.
I finished eating already by that time and asked her, "Does anyone have any plans of restoring the kingdom?"
She squinted her eyes in confusion.
"What do you mean?"
"I mean, like, does anyone ever think about fixing it up, cleaning it, and concealing it to keep not only us safe, but to restore the magic?"
"I am pretty sure that is nearly impossible. We do not have the tools, the skills, or the time to possibly re-create the park. We have no visitors with money, we have no staff, we have no leader. We're just teenagers- not all of us human, no, but even our powers our weak. Our powers were greatly weakened when the kingdom fell. "

"Well, if we worked together, don't you think it could be possible?"

Coco shut me down completely and shook her head as a definite no.
"Won't happen, sweetie. Sorry to crush your dreams, but our main focus right now is to survive. Maybe a hundred of us or so have taken refuge in our abandoned, ruined home that is completely unprotected. We have to ration our food. Our supplies. Those of us with magic are so weak and limited that we cannot even use it to protect ourselves. That's why I carry a sword. If I had the strength of my magic, we would all be safe."

I found myself wandering about the Fantasyland Courtyard, a million thoughts flying through my mind. It saddened me to look at how awful my home looked, all magic completely diminished. Buildings had huge gaps and cracks in them where the vines grew and strangled the life out of them. Suddenly my thoughts had been interrupted as I heard bloodcurdling screams echoing throughout the area. I tensed up and hopped onto the nearest stone ledge I could, nimbly balancing myself as I became farther and farther from the ground. That's when I heard the reason for the screams: hundreds of disgusting, decaying creatures screeched and stampeded through the Castle Gardens with terrifying speed. They didn't quite look like the stereotypical zombies you'd see in a movie, but they were certainly not human and they were incredibly aggressive. I saw Coco fighting them off with her sword with amazing skill, like she was slicing through water. Not one could match her..or so I thought.
She was suddenly tackled and pinned down as one spit in her face, trying to tear into her neck. She struggled to fight it off of her but could not gather the strength.
I couldn't stand seeing this happen as I'd grown to really like Coco, even though she was pretty hostile towards me since I'd known her. I understood why and I realized there was a reason and I knew that beneath it all she was an incredible person who was extremely loyal. I sprinted down the ledge with grace as I leapt over roof buildings and ride tents. Unsheathing my katana, I leapt right onto the zombie's back and slashed its head off, drenching Coco and I in blood. I helped her onto her feet as she wiped off the disgusting, tarry spit on her face, looking straight-up p-d off.

She thanked me but I didn't have the time to reply as something grabbed me by my arm and pulled me backward.
I spun around, greeting my attacker with a smile as I plunged my katana straight through his stomach, kicked him to the ground and decapitated him. But it didn't end there, God no. I was just getting warmed up! Several more followed him, crowding me, drawing in closer and closer.
Coco threw me her sword (why not just help me?) which I caught in one hand, my own katana in the other. I began twirling both Japanese swords, round-house kicking, punching and elbowing as many as I could at one time. I sliced head after head off, not thinking a single thought as I kept going. I scored myself a double KO as my sword shiska-bobbed two zombies at once, squirting blackish blood from their bowels.
Two more came at me from either side, so I smashed their skulls together which automatically killed them.
I scanned the area for anything other than the blood stained, zombie-piled cobbled pavement. Seeing nothing else, I sheathed both blades and started back to Coco, who was staring down at me from the stone wall.
Suddenly, I felt something leap onto my back, drooling black saliva down my shoulder. I cringed and cursed under my breath. Couldn't reach my weapons; guess I had to do this one manually.
Gripping his legs, I flipped him over, swung him and slammed his skull on the ground. To make sure he was dead I snapped his neck.
"Incredible," she spoke as she landed on the ground in a crouched position.
Handing Coco's sword back to her I replied,
"Could've helped, you know."
"I would've, love. But it seemed like you had the situation handled perfectly. If I had joined I probably would've killed us both."
I really, honestly had no words for that response, but okay...I'll take it.
"Someone needs to clean up this mess..."
"I've got it, " Coco sighed, and summoned a wave to clear everything away.
"I thought you said your powers were weak.." I responded with arising suspicion.
"Oh, they are. That's not a lie. Using magic and manipulating the energies of nature are completely different things."
"What are you talking about??" I asked, obviously confused.
"I'll have to show you what it looks like outside of the kingdom sometime. We're surrounded by the Caribbean Sea."

-----------*•?•*---------------------*•?•*------------------------------------------*•?•*-----------------------------------------------

•€•*K•I•L•L•J•O•Y*•€•

I was leaning against the wall of the courtyard, staring at my bodacious babe from afar. Wow, yeah that sounds corny. How about "Blue-haired beauty?" Anyways, she wasn't mine yet..but I wanted her to be. I don't think I ever felt this way before. Y'know. In love.

I crept behind the nearest bush to stare at the beautiful Elven Hipstahh, a woodland elf so breath-taking she could knock an eye out. Literally. Her silky, sky-blue hair fell straight down to her waist like a waterfall. She had clear, pink eyes that you could stare into forever and I think I loved them the most. Her face was gorgeously refined with the cutest, pointed little nose and I just wanted to bop it all day long. Her palish ivory skin was tinted lilac and her giggles reminded me of flowers.
I took the initiative to go talk to her.
I marched over confidently, opened my mouth and the first words that came out were, " areya from Tennessee because yura bodacious babe from the top of the apple tree I call heaven."
She giggled and looked at me funny, whereas most girls probably would've slapped me or tripped me or something.
"Killjoy, right..?" She smiled. Her voice sounded like windchimes and she smelled like the sweet scent of summer rain.
I was about to respond but the totally killjoying zombies ruined my perfect moment. Two of them grabbed my terrified little elf and pinned her to the ground, so she couldn't move. I took off one of my sneakers and chucked it at the one near her head. It started to growl and chase after me, who was running for dear life.
But I couldn't just leave Hipstahh there..I had to do something!!
I turned around and punched the zombie in the face three times, killing it on the third blow. "YEAH TAKE THAT YOU DEAD HUMAN!! THATS WHATCHA GET FOR MESSING WITH MY CUTIEPOO!!"
That's when I realized Hipstahh was still under attack. Conveniently, my eyes fell on the sword in the stone. That sword was so tightly budged in the stone not even a magician could pull it out. I had to try, though.
I had to save her.
I sprinted to the sword, gripped the handle tightly and grimaced as I pulled with great strength. Falling on my bottom, sword in hand, I stared at what I'd just done in astonishment.
I actually pulled the sword from the stone. Me. Killjoy. ME.
I decided to finish being joyous after I saved my future wife. Sneaking up behind the zombie, I screamed some battlecry I heard in a movie once and sliced off its head, spewing blood like everywhere. Hipstahh, trembling, stared straight into my eyes and whispered, "..you..you saved me..," placing her hand on my cheek to wipe the blood away.

bobsbestgame

I LOVE IT DO MUCH YOU DONT UNDERSTAND THANK YOU! Keep up the good work :D

Killjoy

#1 on sta ff target list
oh my god i love this so much!!!! I won't rage now because i got to pull the sword and cut the head off, thanks for that LOL

blErghhhhhhhhhhh

Im kidding this was sweet
Butthen BAM plot twist
Killjoy wakes up from his fantasy
Im engaged to someother prince in the kingdom
And killjoy is some farm boy who im repulsed by :D
Now thats a tear jerker

Killjoy

#1 on sta ff target list
blErghhhhhhhhhhh

Im kidding this was sweet
Butthen BAM plot twist
Killjoy wakes up from his fantasy
Im engaged to someother prince in the kingdom
And killjoy is some farm boy who im repulsed by :D
Now thats a tear jerker
I gib dis a A+++++++ gr8 stori

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Also the ship thatw as sailing isa now pulled down to thw bottom of the sea floor by eight anchors called trassidy and the ship sinks right in the middle of the bermuda triangle never being able to regain its buoyancy and float evar again. Evar.

Heh.

Killjoy

#1 on sta ff target list
Also the ship thatw as sailing isa now pulled down to thw bottom of the sea floor by eight anchors called trassidy and the ship sinks right in the middle of the bermuda triangle never being able to regain its buoyancy and float evar again. Evar.

Heh.
Amasing aplors 4 u :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: 7 thumbs up 4 u also !!!