Update Dream Month

Update Dream Month?

• Keep it how it is!

Votes: 39 27.1%
  • Try something different!

Votes: 105 72.9%

• Total voters

Jerimiah

* and please don't vote keep it how it is just because you are currently winning items.
How about don't vote "change it" and complain excessively just because you aren't winning things.

Winning is completely random chance. I've been to almost every event and only won once and although sometimes rooms get boring it's not that big of a deal to me. Everyone needs to stop being so obsessed with obtaining anything and everything. Just hang out in a room with your friends and have fun. If you win, great. If you don't, oh well you still got to talk to your friends. People are so desperate for items they're suggesting that every single person be given and item no matter what....like no. That should not happen. Hosts shouldn't give you a "participation" reward for just playing the game. The fact that this game exists is your reward, ok.

And I know a lot of people are obsessing over dream stuff specifically since it was some of their favourite objects in the old game but let's be real: It's been 6 days. Literally hasn't even been a week yet.

The odds that you will receive multiple items by the end of the month are actually pretty high.

Last edited:
How about don't vote "change it" and complain excessively just because you aren't winning things.

Winning is completely random chance. I've been to almost every event and only won once and although sometimes rooms get boring it's not that big of a deal to me. Everyone needs to stop being so obsessed with obtaining anything and everything. Just hang out in a room with your friends and have fun. If you win, great. If you don't, oh well you still got to talk to your friends. People are so desperate for items they're suggesting that every single person be given and item no matter what....like no. That should not happen. Hosts shouldn't give you a "participation" reward for just playing the game. The fact that this game exists is your reward, ok.

And I know a lot of people are obsessing over dream stuff specifically since it was some of their favourite objects in the old game but let's be real: It's been 6 days. Literally hasn't even been a week yet.

The odds that you will receive multiple items by the end of the month are actually pretty high.
They understand that we aren't happy with the event so they're making changes to make everyone happy!

Littlebelle

Smile and the world smiles with you
I think we will always have the split of people trying to be the riches in the kingdom by trading and those who truly want the items because they cherish them and will use the items and not hoard them. I feel too much emphasis is put on trading but that is never going to change.

I will continue to state. Dreams month is about pixie dust. Bringing a little joy into someone life. Many say it really helps your heart when you help another player. I know for me. If I am feeling down giving a player a gift make me feel so much better. It also makes another player feel loved.

Tonight a player gifted me an item for one of my rooms that I really wanted. That made me feel special and that is what dreams month is for me. Sharing the joy of Disney. I plan to trade for a lot of items at the end. Hoping to get bulk buys. Not to become rich. But to use them in rooms others can enjoy and to gift to those who may be dreamless.

Keeping the inventory low makes this really hard to do. Because you have too many traders setting the prices really high.

Keep a few items rarer. But keep others like a green key. Everyone can get something. The dream suite should be super rare and maybe some items like some of the chairs. But keep ears and shirts common. So we can all be little Dream ambassadors going around the kingdom spreading love.

Thank you to the players who are already sharing the joy that is what makes dream month fun!!! PS that is why I was so sad when VMK closed. I could no longer wear my dream clothing and go around and gift players. :( I lost my virtual Ambassador job :( :( :(.

Last edited:

Maltoo

Or a cloud.. Since it is dream month:) love clouds lol
clouds are good!

Thanks for the feedback. We're passing around some new ideas so everyone can have a more enjoyable experience. A new change should come tomorrow, so keep an eye out if the host visits the room you're in.
Thank you for listening and really taking players ideas into consideration. Can't wait to see what the new changes are.

Last edited:

Fotogirl

If I remember correctly we did sit around in old vmk waiting for the Dream Squad for hours on end not knowing if there were even hosts out to pop into a room. The difference being, hosts visited more guest rooms than they did public rooms. I see so many people complaining about not getting a dream fulfilled after waiting in the same room for two hours. I admit, I have been doing it too and for the most part have enjoyed interacting with new people and making some new friends along the way. I think I am about to change my way of doing things instead of asking Amy and staff to change the way they are doing what they had planned for us. I think if more of us were to spread out a little and do more of what they asked us to do ... that is go about your normal routine or how you would normally play the game we stand a better chance. As it is, one instance of most public rooms start out pretty full and as rooms are visited people flock to those rooms that have not been visited and pretty soon rooms are at capacity. By the time a host visits and generates a number of gifts to be handed out, chances are your odds are not very good to be chosen if you are in a room of 25 and they are only giving 3 items. If however, people were to open more guest rooms, spread out a little and socialize with friends or play games or whatever and there are maybe 8 or 9 people in that room and a host comes in and say generates 5 gifts to be given, your odds just made a dramatic increase from that over crowded public room.

Maltoo

If I remember correctly we did sit around in old vmk waiting for the Dream Squad for hours on end not knowing if there were even hosts out to pop into a room. The difference being, hosts visited more guest rooms than they did public rooms. I see so many people complaining about not getting a dream fulfilled after waiting in the same room for two hours. I admit, I have been doing it too and for the most part have enjoyed interacting with new people and making some new friends along the way. I think I am about to change my way of doing things instead of asking Amy and staff to change the way they are doing what they had planned for us. I think if more of us were to spread out a little and do more of what they asked us to do ... that is go about your normal routine or how you would normally play the game we stand a better chance. As it is, one instance of most public rooms start out pretty full and as rooms are visited people flock to those rooms that have not been visited and pretty soon rooms are at capacity. By the time a host visits and generates a number of gifts to be handed out, chances are your odds are not very good to be chosen if you are in a room of 25 and they are only giving 3 items. If however, people were to open more guest rooms, spread out a little and socialize with friends or play games or whatever and there are maybe 8 or 9 people in that room and a host comes in and say generates 5 gifts to be given, your odds just made a dramatic increase from that over crowded public room.
If I am not mistaken your odds do not go up with less people in the room. The randomizer takes into consideration how many people are in the room, less people less win. That said I have been in a room with 25 peeps and only 3 winners and I have also been in a room with 5 people with 1 winner so yes your odds are a slight bit better in a room with less people. I have also been in a room of 25 where 15 people won (sadly not me). I do not think the issue is amount of prizes being given out but how often you can win and they have addressed that which was a big step in the right Direction and I can not wait to see what they have in store for us today!

If I did not wait in a room then my odds would go down dramatically, as time in game is limited as of late and when I am in game I am usually playing JC for credits. no chance of winning there.

Even though I have only won 2 times in over 23 hours of host events overall I have enjoyed most of the events. A few where there were some really immature players making the room a misery to be in are not the fault of Amy or the other hosts. I could have left the room but after having invested over an hour there I hated to leave.

Question

Very Questionable
I'm glad they're deciding to change up the event a bit to make it fun for everyone. I may have won multiple times but I dislike how many other people could have won instead of me. I also dislike how when someone wins again, they just groan or get mad. It's gotten to a point where I don't even want to win or just feel bad winning because then people will start being mad at me for getting lucky. I really do want others to have a chance and win some beautiful dream items because some people just don't have the time of day for these events or just usually aren't lucky. Thank you staff for taking your time to change the event for, hopefully, the better.

Maltoo

I'm glad they're deciding to change up the event a bit to make it fun for everyone. I may have won multiple times but I dislike how many other people could have won instead of me. I also dislike how when someone wins again, they just groan or get mad. It's gotten to a point where I don't even want to win or just feel bad winning because then people will start being mad at me for getting lucky. I really do want others to have a chance and win some beautiful dream items because some people just don't have the time of day for these events or just usually aren't lucky. Thank you staff for taking your time to change the event for, hopefully, the better.
Don't feel guilty some people are just lucky, your dream room is beautiful, some of us are just totally unlucky :)

Oh gosh, same. I've been in rooms with people wearing Dream Shirts/Ears win, and instead of congratulating people get passive-aggressive and snarky and it's just so disrespectful to them. It's RANDOM. It is not favoritism, or "playing favorites", or anything like that. It's a generator picking the room, the prizes, and the winners. The HOSTs have no say in where they go, what they give out and to who.

I'm not saying the event is perfect, I just feel that a lot of the anger and frustration about the event is SERIOUSLY misplaced.

That said, it would be really cool to have little events like clamming in some of the public rooms. Much easier than standing around trying to hold a conversation. ^_^

camzilla

End of MYVMK as we knew it 5/2/2015
Don't care for the event

I don't like the fact that some of the same people have all the dream items and others not one.. I seen hosts come to a room give a item to every one except One person.
How do the same people keep getting chosen? That is not random.

I don't like the fact that some of the same people have all the dream items and others not one.. I seen hosts come to a room give a item to every one except One person.
It is random, it's just a matter of sheer luck and being in the right place at the right time.
Everything's generated. I've seen just as many people who haven't won a dream prize yet win as people who have.

Jerimiah

It is random. There has been more than enough explanation as to how the system works and it is very clear that it is completely fair. If you continue to not believe it after everything Amy and the staff have said, I'm sorry, but that's pretty ridiculous.

torch

I think the only issue that I've had with this month so far are the people able to get in the room from the queue because when someone who may have won/gets dc'd has left.

But it's happened a few times in the past two days where people would all be waiting in a room, the host would come, and as soon as these new people who "just got on!" or something would come in, and automatically win and leave..
I know it's random and such, and I'm really happy for them because they deserve a chance as well, but there were two or three people that came in that won as SOON as they popped into the room. I think that if a host comes in a room, the people in queue should get booted or something, so they realize and have a chance winning elsewhere. It isn't fair to the people who have waited in the room.

Also, I know people are unhappy about not winning. But I really don't believe in guilting people who have won multiple times, either, because that's just rude. Every player has a chance, and it isn't the winning players fault he won. You should be excited regardless. It's come to the point where I don't want to wear the pin I won, or the shirt, because I'm no longer excited about it and people have been really make me feel almost ashamed about it.

I DO agree there should be a change though. I just think sometimes people should change the way they act towards others sometimes.

Oreo

LIKE NOBODY'S BIDNEHHZ
Also, I know people are unhappy about not winning. But I really don't believe in guilting people who have won multiple times, either, because that's just rude. Every player has a chance, and it isn't the winning players fault he won. You should be excited regardless. It's come to the point where I don't want to wear the pin I won, or the shirt, because I'm no longer excited about it and people have been really make me feel almost ashamed about it.

I DO agree there should be a change though. I just think sometimes people should change the way they act towards others sometimes.
Praise this a million and 1 times. :please: You took the words right out of my mouth!

Myth

I think it's nice that everyone gets a consolation prize if they don't win, but it doesn't solve the endlessly lost hours problem that we all face and especially when a HOST doesn't come at all.

I think it's nice that everyone gets a consolation prize if they don't win, but it doesn't solve the endlessly lost hours problem that we all face and especially when a HOST doesn't come at all.
Definitely agree with you. I feel that the pins help out the pain of not getting a prize when a host visits, but I think the cloud credits should be implemented to help the pain if a host doesn't visit at all.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Goddess

Where did 4 years go?!
Definitely agree with you. I feel that the pins help out the pain of not getting a prize when a host visits, but I think the cloud credits should be implemented to help the pain if a host doesn't visit at all.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
A mini game is always welcome. Even if it's not credits, it can be something small like a cloud pin, or a cloud carpet! Something dream themed :bounce: