= VALUE CHECK =

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a strong believer in trading what you want for the item.. It's all about what the person is looking for/how much the one offering wants it. If someone offers me 80 gcs for my flip hat, I won't take it.. I have zero interest in gift cards. Likewise, there is little chance that I will actually trade it. Offer up 80 firewalls, on the other hand.. We're looking at a maybe.
There have been times when I over-offered just because I was looking to get the item asap. My stitch hat offer, on the other hand, is a different story. I don't have a strong desire to have this stitch hat tomorrow - thus explaining the lack of modifications I have made to said offer.
Anyway, most people are looking to bang from their buck. If you, Peggy Sue, and Alfred all offer 110 gcs for stitch, what's going to make that one person decide to trade it to you? Nothing.
So Idk where I went with this post.. but I hope it made some sense.
This is how I trade as well. It truly is all in the eye of the beholder how much an item is worth. There is no amount of GCs or FW that could make me trade my minnie ears, yet there have been times when I know I over offered for something that I really did want and both traders came out happy.

Brad

i like trading..
I'm a strong believer in trading what you want for the item.. It's all about what the person is looking for/how much the one offering wants it. If someone offers me 80 gcs for my flip hat, I won't take it.. I have zero interest in gift cards. Likewise, there is little chance that I will actually trade it. Offer up 80 firewalls, on the other hand.. We're looking at a maybe.
There have been times when I over-offered just because I was looking to get the item asap. My stitch hat offer, on the other hand, is a different story. I don't have a strong desire to have this stitch hat tomorrow - thus explaining the lack of modifications I have made to said offer.
Anyway, most people are looking to bang from their buck. If you, Peggy Sue, and Alfred all offer 110 gcs for stitch, what's going to make that one person decide to trade it to you? Nothing.
So Idk where I went with this post.. but I hope it made some sense.
Haha no worries, I see where you're trying to get at. (:
Reason as to why I used gift cards" to value the items is because they are easy to value with.
As you stated, maybe I can offer 110 gift cards for stitch, Peggy Sue can offer 11 clocks, and Alfred decides to offer 55 firewalls, it is the owner who decides whichever offer pleases him the most. All 3 of those offers are equivalent in value, yes, but the owner who is interested in clocks the most will want to choose that since it makes him and the offerer happy. Now, when you say everyone offers 110 gcs for stitch, and the owner can't decide who to trade it to, it is the offerer's responsibility to A) stick to their offer til' someone backs out, B) Can over offer just to get the hat,, and once they do that, some ppl might try to outbit..maybe..maybe not.
At the end of the day YES it is between a trader and an offerers deal, happy or not, its totally up to you if you want an item so bad, However, this thread is to help other people keep up with the values so that they will not get ripped off or scammed or any of that.

IT IS BETWEEN BOTH TRADERS, everyone should have that in mind surely, but the conclusions of value on each item is what I have seen and still seeing it go for. I can always change my post, that is why I take time to be on forums and help out the people who need values.

AND OTHER REASONS AS TO WHY I BOTHERED TO MAKE A THREAD LIKE THIS IS SO THAT FORUM MODS WILL HAVE A LITTLE LESS TO DEAL WITH, BECAUSE WE SEE PEOPLE ASKING HOW MUCH ITEMS ARE IN ALL THESE DIFFERENT THREAD POST, BUT ITS THE ADMIN'S JOBS TO HAVE TO KEEP MOVING THINGS AROUND AND STILL TRY AND WORK IN THEIR OWN STATIONS. uhm didnt realize its all upper case, my bad xD was typing fast, didnt mean to lol but i dont wanna have to retype all that so, forgive me xD :)

Last edited:

arendalle7

Real-Life Merida
I've got a Gold Penny Press and people are telling me
1) it's not that rare
2) it''s worth about 3k

Is this accurate?

I applaud you for this thread. I am awful with values and I trade pretty often (when I'm not totally broke that is). I know that this will be helpful in the future. Even if it's just a base for any trades I make.

bobsbestgame

[MENTION=5039]Brad[/MENTION] the only thing I found I can disagree with is the value of full Herbie. Since it was rereleased, I would only value it at 15K max. I haven't seen many people trade it lately so this is purely my biased opinion. But yes, wonderful thread to direct newcomers to so they can get a good layout of the game! :)

Brad

i like trading..
2-3k isn't bad, though. It's a cute pin. Thanks for the value!
Oh I didn't mean it in a bad way, I'm just not fond of it :P lol but if you want 1, I have one that you can have. pm me if you want it.
whats your value or churro carts and 5 star magics?
I haven't traded for a churro cart but I've seen someone offer 5-6 churro carts for 1 gc in a trade room.
5 star magics it really depends on the person who wants it. I personally value a 5* magic equivalent to a 3x1* magic. It's combined so it is harder to trade.
How much is silver key worth? :)
I traded 8 silver keys for 1 gc. Only because silver keys only open christmas ornaments, which has gingerbread furnishes, and those are about 1-2k each, 3k at most per piece imo.

Anyone is free to help out with values, so that I don't give out wrong ranges. Thanks! or you can kindly tell me if I'm wrong with something and I'll be glad to re-arrange xD

Lindsay

Oh I didn't mean it in a bad way, I'm just not fond of it :P lol but if you want 1, I have one that you can have. pm me if you want it.
Definitely want it! Pmed :)

I was saying that the price isn't bad. Like mickey and friends 1/5 is going for multiple GC's and IMHO is an ugly pin even if it's rare. I won't pay that. But, for the tink pin, 2-3k isn't a bad price at all given it's adorableness :3

Ms_Special

[MENTION=5039]Brad[/MENTION]

Do you know the values of red crates and Pirate Treasure Rug Small?
Someone told me the rugs were going for 2 per GC which is beyond outrageous to me considering I gave a 4k spree for the 20 I have. Thanks!

Brad

i like trading..
Could someone give me an idea of what the separate pieces of the super hero outfits go for?
mask, boots, top, pants, tks
Since purple is a little more in demand than green,
green top and pants can go for a gift card.
purple top can reach up to 7k, while pants can reach up to 1 gift card.
but, i've seen both colors go for 1gc for both pants and top.
the boots i've seen going for 1gc, if not around 7k.
The mask in my op values a full gift card.
[MENTION=5039]Brad[/MENTION]
Do you know the values of red crates and Pirate Treasure Rug Small?
Someone told me the rugs were going for 2 per GC which is beyond outrageous to me considering I gave a 4k spree for the 20 I have. Thanks!
2 per GC is ridiculous. maybe 12 per GC sounds better. I haven't traded for small treasure rugs but I'll let you know later on, to ask around.
[getting back to this]

Status
Not open for further replies.