Value of dream shirt?

KMystikroots

A demon who vaguely sauntered downwards
10gcs around I think. maybe more

I traded mine for a little more than five.. Everyone is offering 5 so it just depends on how badly you want it

Timbo

PLEASE Do not value dream shirt at 12 gcs, every time i enter a room, at least half of the people have one. A LOT of people have them. I think it's the most overvalued item right now.
I definitely get what you're saying, a lot of people do have them. But you also have to simply take into account that once they're gone, they're gone for good. That's why some people are so desperate to get 1. I see a TON of people that have either green or pink flip flops. Yet somehow the price on those is 40-50 gift cards...

Because you can't simply go buy these for x amount of credits from the shop, but rather you have to be lucky and get chosen I personally think that 10gc-12gc is a pretty fair price, especially knowing that once the month is over they'll only go up in price from there.

I definitely get what you're saying, a lot of people do have them. But you also have to simply take into account that once they're gone, they're gone for good. That's why some people are so desperate to get 1. I see a TON of people that have either green or pink flip flops. Yet somehow the price on those is 40-50 gift cards...

Because you can't simply go buy these for x amount of credits from the shop, but rather you have to be lucky and get chosen I personally think that 10gc-12gc is a pretty fair price, especially knowing that once the month is over they'll only go up in price from there.
If that were the case, superhero, princess, traditional mickey, Earth day ears, etc etc etc etc would be worth so much more. Can't go buy those. Because there's only SO MANY players, and thousands of dreams granted with more to come. There aren't THAT many players, because I've won 5 times alone. So therefore... The item is overvalued because there are a lot in rotation just like any other retired item.

Jasmine

Exactly, it's supply and demand. It's likely their value will go up once the month is over, the same way angel's did once it was taken out of the stone. Sure, a lot of people may have dreams items, but does everyone? No, which means the demand for them will be high. I see no problem with it being valued at 10 or so gift cards. But you can't compare something like dreams items (or any other "rare" items) to retired buyables (like the costumes).

Timbo

If that were the case, superhero, princess, traditional mickey, Earth day ears, etc etc etc etc would be worth so much more. Can't go buy those. Because there's only SO MANY players, and thousands of dreams granted with more to come. There aren't THAT many players, because I've won 5 times alone. So therefore... The item is overvalued because there are a lot in rotation just like any other retired item.
That's very true, although I don't know how any of the other events worked, I've only been here a week. And yes there are still a small amount of players currently with lots of dreams granted, but they haven't all been shirts...It's kinda like saying tons of people have pulled the sword out of the stone so fireworks pins should be worth almost nothing..But the issue is that they haven't all been firework pins..I've personally only won once, but then again I haven't participated in too many of the dream events due to limited timing. I still think that most items are overvalued at least from what I've seen. I know people have talked about some sort of credit exploit from a while ago and so that probably plays into effect. There are simply so many gift cards out there that credits aren't worth as much as they should be.

Ms_Special

The flaw with this logic is that most of the items you're speaking of were buyable at one time. Dreams items were never in the shops; you have to be in the right place at the right time AND be randomly chosen. With more people joining the game over the next few months, more people are going to want the shirt and less people (ratio wise) will have them. It's only going to go up from here so there isn't really a point in fighting it now. The demand is so much higher for dream wearables than any of these other items. Cowboy pants and full princess are both worth a firewall each so they definitely are worth a lot. I'm just saying supply and demand is key in this scenario.

The flaw with this logic is that most of the items you're speaking of were buyable at one time. Dreams items were never in the shops; you have to be in the right place at the right time AND be randomly chosen. With more people joining the game over the next few months, more people are going to want the shirt and less people (ratio wise) will have them. It's only going to go up from here so there isn't really a point in fighting it now. The demand is so much higher for dream wearables than any of these other items. Cowboy pants and full princess are both worth a firewall each so they definitely are worth a lot. I'm just saying supply and demand is key in this scenario.
I still don't see how that's any different from anything else, like pins only sold for a weekend, idk, but you are entitled to your opinion.

MamaNutty

I think it relates to what ppl like & remember from vmk.
Most players that post want the dream shirt or ears to " make their old costume on vmk".Another example is firewalls.... Majority of players loved them & has carried on to this game as well.