vBulletin Upgrade!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unicat

fox enthusiast
Because vBulletin 4 is the better choice! :)
That's not really the point, and it's an opinion.
Look, I don't really mind and I'm not trying to start drama, but what was the point of a poll if we were just going to use the "better choice" in the end?

Jasmine

Look, I don't really mind and I'm not trying to start drama, but what was the point of a poll if we were just going to use the "better choice" in the end?
It's not an opinion, it's fact. In this case, vBulletin 4 (though preferably version 4.2.1...) was and is a better choice.

Plus, I don't recall anyone saying the poll outcome determined the version we'd use...that wouldn't even make sense. There were more (and better) pros for vB4, so that's what the forum is running on... The pro (there really was only 1 for vB3) was that that's what most people were used to, but that's not what it's about.... It's about what's best for the forum, not what people are comfortable with or used to.

Plus, like I've said many, many, many times now, vBulletin 4 and vBulletin 3 are exactly the same. The only difference is that 4 looks more modern and has better features, so I don't see the problem...

Jasmine

Yay! vBadvanced! Thanks :D
(There's a text bug... it's overlapping.)

That's not really the point, and it's an opinion.Look, I don't really mind and I'm not trying to start drama, but what was the point of a poll if we were just going to use the "better choice" in the end?
Amy posted that she decided when the poll was one vote apart, in favor of vB3, but the one extra vote was because Amy also originally voted for vB3. Since the poll was pretty much a wash, they probably chose to go with the one that they'd prefer to use.

I like vB3 because I'm more familiar with it, but vB4 is likely better supported and has additional features.

tiggerholic

Love the addition of the vBulletin and overall layout of the forum :) Are we going to have other emoticons besides Mickey faces? I'd love to have a few more options :thumbsup:

The polls are a way for Amy to get community input, but those in charge still make the final decisions. And the outcome was actually pretty even. I think there was only a one-vote difference after Amy changed hers.

Status
Not open for further replies.