VMK Lottery

INFINITYnBEYOND

There needs to be a way where everyone on vmk could buy lottery tickets with their credits! Maybe whoever wants to participate could put in 500 credits per lottery ticket and every week there could be a drawing of numbers. Say for instance.. 200 people bought lottery tickets then the prize would be 100k credits to whoever has the winning numbers! If nobody wins then you can buy another ticket for 500 credits again the following week and the credits will keep adding up until we have a winner! Just like the real lottery but on myVMK! If anyone can think of ideas to make this work we should totally make this happen!

aceastrofan

The one and only...
I remember the VMK Magic forums had this for a brief stint, but an in-game lottery could be a fun thing to get in on.

Kinglaser

I was thinking on using random number generators to do the lottery numbers. The only thing is... how do we get tickets?
If it was a player made thing, with items instead of credits, we could do it via the forum and an in-game room. But I mean, you still would have people saying it could be rigged, and then theres the matter of payment to enter.

INFINITYnBEYOND

If it was a player made thing, with items instead of credits, we could do it via the forum and an in-game room. But I mean, you still would have people saying it could be rigged, and then theres the matter of payment to enter.
I wasn't thinking player made but have a Host use those on a set day every week. Like for instance players buy tickets with about 6 numbers and a Host has an event on say a Thursday for a drawing of numbers

Kinglaser

I wasn't thinking player made but have a Host use those on a set day every week. Like for instance players buy tickets with about 6 numbers and a Host has an event on say a Thursday for a drawing of numbers
Yeah, I was thinking more like do the player thing as an interest meter. If it works out as a player hosted event, then the staff could take over and perfect the system using in-game stuff.

Cuban

rt

Goofyono

YES someone else who played Neopets!!! on the note of this post though its a good idea as the neopets scratch cards are very popular in the game.
Hahaha yea I had a problem with those :p. Maybe a scratch card where you could earn items if you match 3 up, or earn credits. Idk :0

Hahaha yea I had a problem with those :p. Maybe a scratch card where you could earn items if you match 3 up, or earn credits. Idk :0
Really? i normally averaged 75% when getting either an item or credits in that game. But i think the same scratch card system could work in VMK as it did in Neopets. They had multiple different scratchcards and the cheapest gave you the cheapest stuff and the one that was like 1200 gave you really awesome stuff. I think the system of virtual scratch cards works well in most games.

JCSkipper

This could easily be achieved via pixels with actual players. 1 pixel=5 credits and can be sold for some amount. Sure people may need to sell like 10K worth of them but I'd be up to... entering in it no way I'd count those.