VMK players leaving or not playing

Ranch

To me, on the topic of low attendance, it's simple.. nothing works like we remember. I built a chair ride, clicking on such a ride does not operate like it used to in VMK.. sometimes, a whole chair track can be skipped just by clicking the last chair on the track.. and you can ALWAYS skip chairs on the track going backwards on it. Even though this is not a big deal and there's probably more restoring of VMK being done (by seemingly 1 person) to where such a bug won't be fixed for a long time, if at all.. I won't be building any more lavish "chair rides". Not out of protest, but because such designs with said bugs cannot be used when implementing a quest on them because after all.. it's not quite an honest world.

Also the one item that connects us all like no other, doesn't work right either. Teleporters. I tried putting a teleporter maze together last night, and they do not function right once cut off from each other in the same room. After spending about 8k credits and hitting that roadblock, instead of playing for another 6 hours like in VMK days, I signed off in frustration.

I suppose I could "draw" a character with pixels or run a McDonalds or help people decide if they are cute or not.. but I'll just settle for fireworks during the time I spend in game, which is only portions of I used to spend back in the day.

To me, on the topic of low attendance, it's simple.. nothing works like we remember. I built a chair ride, clicking on such a ride does not operate like it used to in VMK.. sometimes, a whole chair track can be skipped just by clicking the last chair on the track.. and you can ALWAYS skip chairs on the track going backwards on it. Even though this is not a big deal and there's probably more restoring of VMK being done (by seemingly 1 person) to where such a bug won't be fixed for a long time, if at all.. I won't be building any more lavish "chair rides". Not out of protest, but because such designs with said bugs cannot be used when implementing a quest on them because after all.. it's not quite an honest world.

Also the one item that connects us all like no other, doesn't work right either. Teleporters. I tried putting a teleporter maze together last night, and they do not function right once cut off from each other in the same room. After spending about 8k credits and hitting that roadblock, instead of playing for another 6 hours like in VMK days, I signed off in frustration.

I suppose I could "draw" a character with pixels or run a McDonalds or help people decide if they are cute or not.. but I'll just settle for fireworks during the time I spend in game, which is only portions of I used to spend back in the day.
The reason you're frustrated is because of your expectancy for everything to work smoothly.

Nothing more needs to be said.

Continuing with what Ranch said. We have a lot farther to go until this is close to a VMK. While the work that has been done in the past month is astounding and commend Amy for that -- there's a lot that needs to be done to improve both the game, and the community.

If you want to recreate the VMK Community, you have to make the game like VMK, and have a staff team that can fulfill the persona of a VMK Staff. [Amy, Grizzly, Kevin, Jasmine, and Energy are a great team but the way they interact is far different from the way VMK Staff interacted.] However; this isn't Disney's VMK, it's MyVMK. We'll have to build a new community.

1 thing I noticed which is a big turn off is the maturity level ( least on the forums).
In trading threads , numerous people feel the need to bash the trader or put their personal opinions ( your never gonna get it for that price).Countless spam threads as well.In chat not a day goes by that people are not in there fighting.
This is just my observations.
I completely agree with this. The maturity level of the players in game and on the forums is incredibly low, which is discouraging because the majority of the people who play are older now. (from what I've seen most are juniors/seniors in high school or college kids) And because we're all older now, there are so many inappropriate things said and everyone feels the need to be extremely rude to one another. It's almost impossible to put your own personal opinion because people will sit there and bash you for it. So unfortunately the maturity level of the players has not increased much since the original VMK, which is sad because as stated before, we are all much older now.

Another thing that I think may be a possible factor in the decreasing amount of players is, in the best way I can put it, favoritism. I've noticed the same people getting a lot of attention from staff and such. Or people are excluded from certain things in both the game and on forums.

Of course it isn't going to completely stop, but it would be nice if we all thought about how we act towards others instead of being so hateful.

- - - Updated - - -

I understand how it is frustrating, but all we can do is remember that the game is still in beta so it could take months before things start coming together the way we all want it to!

aceastrofan

The one and only...
I get why people aren't coming on. I'm stuck with a bunch of homework which limits my time on the game. Plus, every time I'm able to go on, there's nothing to do (because I don't want to go on shell crawls or have the tolerance for fireworks) or people being annoying or inappropriate behavior going on in whatever guest room I'm in. I'm stuck entering on Tuesdays to buy things, and that's about it. The game has kinda worn on me because of all of the inappropriate behavior going on without any interference, plus I'm busy and tired after school most of the time. Also, too much drama over meaningless things such as the Doctor Who stuff.

CoolBama

In my opinion, the majority if these problems could be solved with having more staff members. They are extremely understaffed right now and it's hurting them badly. I know Amy and the rest of the staff are extremely busy and working hard, but I think she needs to appoint someone to be over the staff selection so they can speed this process up. I'm not trying to bash anyone or anything in that matter, just expressing my opinion on what could help out with the community and the game.

In my opinion, the majority if these problems could be solved with having more staff members. They are extremely understaffed right now and it's hurting them badly. I know Amy and the rest of the staff are extremely busy and working hard, but I think she needs to appoint someone to be over the staff selection so they can speed this process up. I'm not trying to bash anyone or anything in that matter, just expressing my opinion on what could help out with the community and the game.

I'd rather have the game slow and steady, rather than hiring any staff member to "speed up the process". We saw what had happened to the development of Ovmk. And I'm sure Amy and the staff are fully aware of the consequences. If anything, there needs to be more moderators, because the use of inappropriate language/behavior is astonishing.

CoolBama

I'd rather have the game slow and steady, rather than hiring any staff member to "speed up the process". We saw what had happened to the development of Ovmk. And I'm sure Amy and the staff are fully aware of the consequences. If anything, there needs to be more moderators, because the use of inappropriate language/behavior is astonishing.
I'm not saying just go out and randomly hire staff members. I'm saying Amy could find someone she completely trust to file through staff applicants and for that person to pick a top 10 for example. Then reveal those to Amy and the rest of the staff to see if they agree. That's just a simple example. But yes I agree there difinitely needs to be more moderators on the forums to help control all of the spam and harassing that's been going on.

Lettie

I definitely don't get on much at all. I get on Tuesday night to see what items have been released and that's it.. I get on rarely the rest of the week.

For me, it's just that the community all have their own little groups and it's kind of hard to make friends.
Another thing could be that there just isn't enough stuff to do.

That's why Amy increased the reward rate of Fireworks... it's not that this game is "too difficult." It only seemed like VMK was easier because everyone and their dog was cloning. If you want the game to be easier after the Fireworks buff that's just people wanting hand outs.

Who said anything about the game being easier?

tiggerholic

I have noticed that in the last week the numbers of players in the Kingdom at any given time has really gone down. I know I do not play as much as I would if there were more things to do. Right now all I have time to do when I am in the kingdom is play Fireworks to earn credits since FW or Clamming is the only 2 real ways to earn credits right now. I know Amy is working hard to roll out other things and I really am thankful for being able to play at all. But maybe people need some incentive to play more often or not leave the kingdom.

Instead of just having a new item release once a week on Tues. What about having a special item release on the week-ends. Release 1 or 2 items on Friday night at or around 10 pm and retire it on Sunday night at the same time. Making it a limited release item.

Maybe add an in game quest or two with an awesome prize at the end, I am sure any of us previous VMK players would love to help with that.

Right now I do not think the game is holding the attention of the players with so little to do/work for in the game.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I think you and other people are more upset about this game not being as socially active as it were when Fireworks wasn't released. That's understandable, and in my opinion adding more items to the catalog for people to create new themed rooms would be a good draw for the social aspect instead of the heavily focused mini-game aspect (which to me feels is the point of focus currently).

Sorry? I am not upset. Is the name of this board "suggestions"? or did I post on the wrong board.

Kaeliah

Previously Tessa
I understand how you feel, but honestly everything will be released in due time!

I think once ride pieces are added into the catalog, the activity will gradually increase. This is because it will give the majority of people something to build and do! :)

cyre

Something that frustrates me, is everyone wants Kevin and Amy to do everything at once, which they can't obviously.

I do know there are people (me included) that already have moderation experience, or that can help make games, build rooms, or just be a 'do' person...there is so much to do...sift through applicants - get already experienced people you can assign tasks in the areas they have experience in. Recruit this help to get things moving. We want to help. Help us help you guys!

Jackie

Ambitious, Opinionated, and Loveable.
I do understand what you mean by the number of people playing seems to be significantly small, but it could be due to a lot of reasons. For one, like you said, is that there's not much to keep one's attention to. I like the idea of limited releases as long as they're available for at least a day or two. It would give those who come on some sort of incentive, and it gives others enough time to get online and purchase the items.

However, I don't understand when people say that players spend most of their time in Fireworks, because it is nearly dead half the time I play. I have yet to play with more than 4 people, for instance. And if I'm in the lobby, no more than 2-3 people are talking. I think it's just a matter that there aren't enough of us to spread around in such a large kingdom meant to be played by thousands of players at one time, compared to a few hundred that currently play.

More people need to find out about MyVMK, and that will help the community grow. That would definitely be a big boost and a great reason for Amy and the rest of the staff to continue working at a miraculously fast pace. I appreciate everything they've done, and I hope more people will be able to be thankful for such a gift as reliving their childhood memories.

I would love to see Quests be opened up! Those were always fun. Regardless, I'm sure that MyVMK has a big chance of being a huge success. Mind us, this is still in BETA. Henceforth, it is just the beginning.(;

im not playing bc i have lots of school and g00d grades and truancy court and community service
when im done with all of that ill probs play 24/7 tbh

i don't know what this dude is talking about. i'm grateful just to have the game back now and spend every second i have of free time on this game <3 regardless of all the items and such!

CoolBama

Something that frustrates me, is everyone wants Kevin and Amy to do everything at once, which they can't obviously.

I do know there are people (me included) that already have moderation experience, or that can help make games, build rooms, or just be a 'do' person...there is so much to do...sift through applicants - get already experienced people you can assign tasks in the areas they have experience in. Recruit this help to get things moving. We want to help. Help us help you guys!
I agree. I'm puzzled on why they haven't already done this. Not trying to brag but I've administrated multiple sites and I'm sure many people on here have before. If they could go ahead and hire people that know what they are doing it could speed up the process.