VMK stuck at 57%?

Kimi Lamperouge

Kimiana Jones, Captain!
It may possibly be a Shockwave issue or something. But whenever I click the game button a window appears and it shows the usual blue symbol with the loading bar and so forth.

However, the screen turns black and if I manipulate it just right I can see its "Updating 57%" on the loading page. And it doesn't change.

Soooo, if I exit out the whole Firefox freezes and it's odd. Anybody have any suggestions?

Kimi Lamperouge

Kimiana Jones, Captain!
Well I tried uploading attachments but it didn't really work out so I will try to be as specific as possible.

I am using FireFox on a Windows 7. Here is exactly what happened:

1. Everything was fine until earlier this afternoon. As I opened up MyVMK they asked me to update Shockwave, to which I responded "remind me later" because I usually try to update it but they never say it worked properly but it's never affected the game so I never think too much about it.

2. The game begins to load. It shows the MyVMK blue, green and white symbol as the blue bar fills up.

3. Suddenly the screen turns completely black. Sometimes this happens so I just wait it out however nothing changed for several minutes. I pulled up the MyVMK window, took the bottom, and dragged it up and down (since MyVMK is in windowed mode)

4. Immediately the loading screen with Peter Pan, Captain Hook and the White Rabbit appear with a notice saying "Updating 57%" and nothing happens. I've let it sit there for several minutes and nothing changes.

5. I grow exasperated so I close the window. Immediately my Firefox freezes up so I can't click anything.

6. I pull up task manager and end the process for the Firefox plugin and it goes back to normal.

Kimi Lamperouge

Kimiana Jones, Captain!
Nothing's been working. I tried reinstalling shockwave and doing different things. Earlier this morning I tried it and it worked but only for a little bit. Every time I close it the "plugin container for firefox" changes. So I am attempting to use Chrome, however I am having problems with that browser too...so I'm reinstalling that as well.

Kimi Lamperouge

Kimiana Jones, Captain!
Took me a while, but I used Revo Uninstaller to fully remove Shockwave, Google Chrome and Firefox, then I reinstalled Firefox and then Shockwave. It seems to be working okay now. Must have been some wonky error. But I believe I'm good now. Thank you guys <3

(It constantly kept saying that Shockwave Plugin for Director kept crashing, no matter which browser I was on. After playing around I think I fixed it.)

This happens to me regularly. I usually have to restart the computer.
Ain't nobody got time for that.