Walt Disney (early) Animation Month

Walt Disney's life was an extraordinary one. I don't know if anyone's ever done the Marceline to Magic Kingdom tour at WDW, but it's incredible. It goes over his life, how he began, and how he believed in his company and his staff members. After I did that tour, I walked away so inspired it was unbelivable. (Which, in part, is why I applied for the Disney College Program and am so excited to be part of the cast come January.)

THAT BEING SAID... I think it'd be a really cool idea to have an "ode to Walt Disney" month. (Obviously not that name because it's terrible, but you get the picture.) I'm thinking items/clothing from Fantasia, Steamboat Willie, Pinochio, Dumbo, Bambi (thats his favourite one) Saludos Amigos , the three cabelaros , Melody time , The adventures of Icahbod and Mr toad , Cinderella , Alice in wonderland , Peter Pan , Lady and the, Tramp , Sleeping beauty ,101 Dalamations ,The sword in the stone... basically any of his works before he passed away. Not a ton from every movie, but maybe something from the more popular ones. (We already got Jungle Book which was the last movie he worked on.) We could name the month something like "The Golden Age of Disney" or something.

I know we've had some of these items released but I think it'd be a cool idea for a month long celebration of his life. I'd be more than willing to help plan events as well if staff needs ideas.

Last edited:

Karalora

I like the idea in principle, but I think that's way too much material for a single month's theme. Every animated work produced in a 40 year span? There's no way it could all be adequately represented.

I like the idea in principle, but I think that's way too much material for a single month's theme. Every animated work produced in a 40 year span? There's no way it could all be adequately represented.
OH god no, not all of them. Just little bits and pieces from each film. Like maybe 2 items from each film. Honestly, not even that much. They could just go with the more popular movies, honestly.

Karalora

Looking only at the animated features released during Walt's lifetime, that's still 36 new items, or 9 per week. We'd need more if also addressing the classic Mickey shorts, Silly Symphonies, etc.

Looking only at the animated features released during Walt's lifetime, that's still 36 new items, or 9 per week. We'd need more if also addressing the classic Mickey shorts, Silly Symphonies, etc.
Well, it was just an idea. I doubt they'll actually use it, I was just brainstorming. It doesn't have to happen. I was just thinking a few awesome items from a couple of his original movies would be cool to honor him, yaknow?

Karalora

The descriptions for Crash's Sunday Quests are calling it Classic Disney Month and the individual quest titles evoke old cartoon shorts and characters. It looks like the focus will be on the short subjects, not the animated features, but either way you're getting something close to your wish!

The descriptions for Crash's Sunday Quests are calling it Classic Disney Month and the individual quest titles evoke old cartoon shorts and characters. It looks like the focus will be on the short subjects, not the animated features, but either way you're getting something close to your wish!
Hey, I'll take it. His early work with the shorts were amazing, too lol

The Walt Disney museum in San Fran is absolutely incredible. I highly recommend it, if you are in Nor Cal. I broke down in tears in the middle of the place. I felt my Mother's presence and lost it. She adored Disney.[DOUBLEPOST=1483444051][/DOUBLEPOST]Consolation prize was willie life preserver