Want to learn programming? Here's a good place to start!

Hey guys,

On my travels across the Internet, I came across this website which has been sat in my bookmarks for some time now and I figured I'd share it for those who might be interested. It's a website called Codecademy. It's completely free and it's basically an interactive self-teaching "course" as it were. At the moment it only has web based languages such as CSS/HTML, Ruby, JavaScript, Python, etc. but there are plans to expand into languages such as C++. C# and so on and so forth. If you ever wanted to learn how to code, or mess around/experiment - which is always fun! - or just brush up on existing knowledge, I would highly recommend this website. It's all presented in layman's terms, very easy to understand but it teaches you a lot.

Give it a try :)

http://www.codecademy.com/

Shrimp

Hmm.... might try this out. Does it help that I made really awesome userpages back in VMKMagic? LOL. Those required a lot of codes & designing and all that good stuff.

Jasmine

Codeacademy is okay, but you need something else as a supplement.
The JavaScript course is pretty bad, so I'd definitely find some other resources if you really want to learn.

ClaireMarie

disney pin trader since 2004
thank you so much! i'm working on a national project for bullying and i have to create a website (no spoilers now...) (:

MagicChrome

Eh, It's alright. :p I used it a while ago, it never really taught me more than I already knew.

Hi. I am currently using that website that I found from
http://www.bentobox.io/
I found this all on Reddit today actually. I just completed the Html part now I'm about to head onto the CSS portion. So far, I've definitely learned a lot just from the codecadamy thing.

Learning coding isn't easy, but is definitely rewarding. It's almost like memorizing an entire new language -- but more conceptual. Luckily there are programs out there in the developing world that assist with doing your coding, like Dreamweaver. Dreamweaver really helps out if you're looking to do some CSS and HTML to create a basic website.