Well since no one wants to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

InfinityFay

I've been trying since MAY to get onto MyVMK on my laptop (Mac Mavericks).

I can't afford to waste time riding on my bike to the library to play this game.
....:um:
I mean I'm kinda upset because I've asked Amy like three times through messages to help me out (since she plays on a macbook + mavericks) and I really don't want to pay tons of money just to play VMK (I mean buy software to be able to play).

I've been BEGGING for updates on the new client. :ugh:
I mean I love Amy as much as the next VMK player, but she kinda got my hopes up when she said this: :twist::twist:

So, naturally (all giddy and whatnot I send her 3 messages over the span of one month to try and get an answer back...): >This message was literally sent the same day if not a few seconds after receiving her message<:dizzy:
No reply... A friend motivated me to message her again...:look:

And yet another one... :look:

So before anyone starts being a brown-noser on here :grizzly:... Know that she responded the first time saying she could help me out. :sulk: I guess it would hurt less if she never even responded in the first place. (IDK)

This game is about the players! Hello!! :squee: I'm a player! Since last year (Sept. 2013).
I haven't been able to get any credits, any new items, participate in any new contests.

I guess I'll be taking a break until the new client comes out.

And I don't want to take a break, but seems like it's the only logical solution. I've practically been taking a break for 5 months now anyways. I'm just happy that my friend has been keeping me up to date and getting items for me when he can.

I hope you guys understand why I'm upset, and if anyone has a solution that is willing to follow through, PLEASE message me. :surrender:

- Ivy :hat:

Attachments

Dudette this is why I never buy like apple products because I know something would end up happening like this, and honestly you need to download window onto your mac pc, and that take a few look onto... youtube videos so yeah good luck :/

InfinityFay

Dudette this is why I never buy like apple products because I know something would end up happening like this, and honestly you need to download window onto your mac pc, and that take a few look onto... youtube videos so yeah good luck :/

I have literally tried. :( I need guidance. Even a skype chat with someone who uses mac (mavericks) and can guide me through the steps.
I'm not tech savvy.

I see welp I got one of my friend that currently useing a Mac, and so she gonna post a link to help you get onto myvmk hopefully this will work! :)

It's not Apple's fault in this case. It's hardly an OS X bug. They purposely removed an API they said they'd remove long long ago, it's not Apple's responsibility to maintain an API deemed deprecated and loooooong replaced. Even Windows/Microsoft has done something similar, albeit not breaking Shockwave.

Sophia

Hey I'm not sure if this will help but when I joined in March, I couldn't play VMK because I have a MacBook with Mavericks but what I did was use a program (a really fantastic program) called MyVMK Experience which was recommended to me by Oatman but MoomaladeMuffin gave me the download link, it's legit and I used it for quite some time until I bought a second laptop with windows, not sure if they've even been on but it's pretty much vmk pal for mavericks users. You can try shooting them a message, gl </3

Hey I'm not sure if this will help but when I joined in March, I couldn't play VMK because I have a MacBook with Mavericks but what I did was use a program (a really fantastic program) called MyVMK Experience which was recommended to me by Oatman but MoomaladeMuffin gave me the download link, it's legit and I used it for quite some time until I bought a second laptop with windows, not sure if they've even been on but it's pretty much vmk pal for mavericks users. You can try shooting them a message, gl </3
I used that too..until an update happened. It no longer works and I don't think they plan on fixing it. Nobody will message me back about it and there havnt been any updates on it so I kinda gave up on MyVMK Experience. Ive also been waiting for Amy to help. I think she just has so much to do and think about and she has agreed to help so many people. Just a lot for her to do. Hoping after this weekend she will be able to get back to us on this :)

I'm sorry I can't help. But if it makes you feel better, I have a Dell laptop and it wouldn't play VMK until the summer of this year. My desktop doesn't work much anymore so I couldn't stay on for prolonged amounts of time, so I feel your pain. I took about a 7 month break, of course reality got in the way in that span too. But, I hope this gets resolved!

InfinityFay

So will this work? If so, I would really like to try it.

I used that too..until an update happened. It no longer works and I don't think they plan on fixing it. Nobody will message me back about it and there havnt been any updates on it so I kinda gave up on MyVMK Experience. Ive also been waiting for Amy to help. I think she just has so much to do and think about and she has agreed to help so many people. Just a lot for her to do. Hoping after this weekend she will be able to get back to us on this :)
I'm going to try it anyways because I'm desperate lol.

Hi dear,
I believe Amy is asleep right now but I will be contacting her about this issue to see if there is something she can do :)

-Snow
Sweet dream sweet princess!

InfinityFay

Can you give me the link? (Just incase)

InfinityFay

Thank you all so very much for your help.

I've managed to download VMware, get on the internet through it... but I can't get the vmk symbol to load on the play screen!
Any help?

THANK YOU ALL VERY MUCH. This community is so helpful <3

It actually still works for me! And good luck, I hope they can help you out!
It still works for you? Huh, I wonder why it won't work for me and why nobody will tell me why its not working..I messaged them right when it stopped working and the only message I ever got back from them was that there was an update to the game and the program no longer works. If you know how to get it to work again, message me :) Would love to be able to finally be able to play when I want to and not only when I have access to a PC.

InfinityFay

Believe it or not... After 5 months of waiting, and a little help from the community... (and a leftover Windows 7 Pro CD from the tech guys at my university...) I finally got it on my macbook! :D

Thank you very much guys! This community is awesome. I'm glad I posted this.

This may be closed. <3 I'm staying..... obviously.

@Snow or @Grizzly or @Pumbaa

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.