What ethnicity are you?

Since it's Epcot month, I thought it would be fun to share what ethnic background you come from!

I'm half Native American and half Mexican and take great pride in being both! Although I have yet to find out what tribe I am from (due to my state sealing files and refusing to release them to my family for the past 50 years until recently - now we just have to find time to go get them!)

What ethnicity are you?

Jasmine

Complicated? Haha people often assume I'm biracial or like full blooded Native American or something xD.

Both of my parents are African American, but they're both also part Native American. I think a great great grandmother on my mom's side was actually full blooded Native American. I think we're Cherokee, but I don't really know xD. And then my dad is like super super light skinned so people automatically assume he's white, so I'm like part Caucasian as well. And my last name is of Scottish/Irish origin so I think I might be one of those too :p. So like I said, complicated... I've never felt comfortable just putting down "African American" when something asks my ethnicity, but I do it anyway.

Elle

Hispanic! I'm from Puerto Rico so I have all the mix lol, African, Spaniard, and Taino.
I tried finding about my ancestors but sadly most of the people in my family back then were slaves so we haven't found much, and it doesn't help that my great grandmother has no birth certificate either after we asked her lol.

Complicated? Haha people often assume I'm biracial or like full blooded Native American or something xD.

Both of my parents are African American, but they're both also part Native American. I think a great great grandmother on my mom's side was actually full blooded Native American. I think we're Cherokee, but I don't really know xD. And then my dad is like super super light skinned so people automatically assume he's white, so I'm like part Caucasian as well. And my last name is of Scottish/Irish origin so I think I might be one of those too :p. So like I said, complicated... I've never felt comfortable just putting down "African American" when something asks my ethnicity, but I do it anyway.
Well if it makes you feel better, due to having severe anemia (very low iron in the blood which causes those who have it to be very pale and I'm very bad about taking iron pills) I am very light-skinned/practically Caucasian-looking! Well, in the winter that is since right now I live in a very cold-climate area (cold makes you even more pale!) So most people don't believe me at first when I say I'm half mexican and half native american. But thankfully, in the summer I tan very well and thats when people start to believe me LOL (x

Jasmine

Well if it makes you feel better, due to having severe anemia (very low iron in the blood which causes those who have it to be very pale and I'm very bad about taking iron pills) I am very light-skinned/practically Caucasian-looking! Well, in the winter that is since right now I live in a very cold-climate area (cold makes you even more pale!) So most people don't believe me at first when I say I'm half mexican and half native american. But thankfully, in the summer I tan very well and thats when people start to believe me LOL (x
Yeah, my mom is anemic too :p.
Ironically, my dad and I have always been like that too. In the summer, we get darker, and then in the winter, we get lighter. I've never really asked anyone what ethnicity they think I am, but I always wanted to. xD

Yeah, my mom is anemic too :p.
Ironically, my dad and I have always been like that too. In the summer, we get darker, and then in the winter, we get lighter. I've never really asked anyone what ethnicity they think I am, but I always wanted to. xD
Haha, so you understand my struggle! (x I've asked quite a few people during the winter what ethnicity they thought I was and they said something along the lines of "Caucasian but your facial structure looks Native-Americany."

Also, just a side-thought, you might not be Scottish/Irish. My (step) dad is full African-American and he has an Irish last name. His ancestry traces back to the days slavery was around and my family thinks that at one point his ancestors may have taken the slave owners last name thus how he got the Irish last name. Maybe that is something to look into? :) (I hope I am not offending or anything! Just wanted to share that with you!)

Jasmine

Haha, so you understand my struggle! (x I've asked quite a few people during the winter what ethnicity they thought I was and they said something along the lines of "Caucasian but your facial structure looks Native-Americany."

Also, just a side-thought, you might not be Scottish/Irish. My (step) dad is full African-American and he has an Irish last name. His ancestry traces back to the days slavery was around and my family thinks that at one point his ancestors may have taken the slave owners last name thus how he got the Irish last name. Maybe that is something to look into? :) (I hope I am not offending or anything! Just wanted to share that with you!)
Yep, I do! Finally someone who understands. :p

Nope, not offensive at all. I've looked into my dad's ancestry and I have no idea how we got the name, because our first *known* ancestor apparently lived in Texas in the mid 1800s and had the last name Montgomery and then moved to Alabama. (I know some of my ancestors were slaves, but I don't know much else about that, but it seems like Montgomery might've been a slave owner's name. Apparently both Montgomery and my last name are Scottish clans though, so I might be on to something -- thanks for the tip!) And then my last name isn't very common here, and most people who have it are white. I guess one day I'll have to visit a professional genealogist or something. xD

My mom worked very hard to trace our family roots. Both of my parents are mostly white with a slight Native American mix. I know I've got Cherokee on both sides. My great great great grandmother was a full blooded Cherokee spirit healer. She could apparently talk to animals and things :P My great grandfather was the last one she passed down her knowledge to. On my the other side, I have some Crow native american.

As for my white blood, which makes up the majority of me, it's almost entirely of English or Scottish descent (on both sides). I have dark dark brown (almost black) hair, native american-esque I suppose. But red hair does run in my family surprisingly. (From the scottish) My last name is also scottish.

My mom once traced our family history all the way back to England.. When we came over on the mayflower and lived in Jamestown apparently o.o My many times great-grandfather was the royal crown jeweler apparently. Which is pretty cool.

So I'll approximate and say I'm like 85% white (Mostly english descent, but some prominent scottish going back only a few generations), 15% Native American (Mostly Cherokee but a bit of Crow).

I'm basically half Portuguese and half English.
My mom is Portuguese. My dad's family has mostly been here since the revolution and probably has some Native American. However, my paternal line goes back to Norway a few generations ago so I'm reppin' the Norwegian flag right now