What is the easiest way to learn how to code an android game?

I would like to make a basic 2d game or an app. If someone could either mentor me or refer me to a good site with tutorials that would be awesome.

Rynosauric

Mr. Cinderella
You could try using GameSalad. It has a graphic user interface with drag-and-drop features. You can create applications for both iOS and Android devices.

Bird

MyVMKPal Webmaster Dev
Game salad is one of more popular ones. But if you want to learn how to code, check out techotopia.com, they've got some good e-books on how to learn. I use that site for many of my college classes. Another great place is tutsplus.com they have blog style tutorials that are really nice.

thank you all for your suggestions. I will look into all of them and if I do end up creating a game I will list you in the description. Thanks!

Bird

MyVMKPal Webmaster Dev
thank you all for your suggestions. I will look into all of them and if I do end up creating a game I will list you in the description. Thanks!
Do you have any programming background now? if not, I would stay with gamesalad to make your simple game. but if you want to really get into the complex stuff, you will need to learn how to program, and this will require you to go over super simple basics like strings, conditionals, loops, and arrays. Once you master these, you then can start progressing into more challenging things like doing apps and games. But i do warn you, programming is a very challenging thing to begin. The way code runs is much different than one without experience would think, which will take a lot of conditioning to learn how computers do their logic.

And if you want to get into learning, check out introductory classes on the programming language called Python. You can make some pretty fun games on there. Then you can graduate on to either regular code with C/C++ or Object Oriented code with Java & C#/Objective C. Objective C is more for Apple products, Java is more for android, and the C family is more for windows products.

Do you have any programming background now? if not, I would stay with gamesalad to make your simple game. but if you want to really get into the complex stuff, you will need to learn how to program, and this will require you to go over super simple basics like strings, conditionals, loops, and arrays. Once you master these, you then can start progressing into more challenging things like doing apps and games. But i do warn you, programming is a very challenging thing to begin. The way code runs is much different than one without experience would think, which will take a lot of conditioning to learn how computers do their logic.

And if you want to get into learning, check out introductory classes on the programming language called Python. You can make some pretty fun games on there. Then you can graduate on to either regular code with C/C++ or Object Oriented code with Java & C#/Objective C. Objective C is more for Apple products, Java is more for android, and the C family is more for windows products.
I do know html and a bit of CSS. I will try to learn python. Thanks for your suggestion!

This website, which was created to get students interested in coding, has a lot of resources and sites. MIT actually has a free Android app builder which is very user friendly and can be accessed through this site.

http://code.org/