What is the minimum you need to get winning bonus not a good thing

Littlebelle

Smile and the world smiles with you
I think I can understand this. I am a pretty good player so I know I can get the bonus. However, you are penalizing the players who need it most.

I think I can understand why. However, this really only hurts the weak players. There are always people who are going to take advantage of the system. So you stop them but those that need the credits the most suffer. I would rather those with low morals get those credits than to have others suffer. Sure values might go up. However if you are bad at games this just makes MyVmk even worse for them.

This needs to be looked at because this game is for people of all abilities. Makes me upset to still learn players like Princessmadiro still can not earn credits.

Amy

Head Administrator
Sorry we can't have any ways for people to leave their computers on overnight to earn thousands of credits, it would ruin the whole game :(

Littlebelle

What did they do in VMK? And would you not notice this and ban them? I would sure notice. Right now I can tell almost certain if some one is using a clone when I am in a game with them. At least I could put in a suspicious activity report.

PS I am normally on very late I volunteer to keep an eye out haha

Amy

Head Administrator
What did they do in VMK? And would you not notice this and ban them? I would sure notice. Right now I can tell almost certain if some one is using a clone when I am in a game with them. At least I could put in a suspicious activity report.

PS I am normally on very late I volunteer to keep an eye out haha
The problem is it would end up like sits where everyone is botting overnight... we can't moderate all of those people because we can never say for sure... it's easy to say "i went afk" or "i was watching tv whilst playing".

Jasmine

Wait, I'm confused. There's a minimum score you have to get? What is it?

Jasmine

If you win and get at least 20 ghosts in the game, you are rewarded with 200 bonus credits every time :)
Ah, okay thanks! 20 sounds reasonable to me. I don't think I've been in a game with anyone where someone's gotten less than 20 ghosts.

aliceblue

Ah, okay thanks! 20 sounds reasonable to me. I don't think I've been in a game with anyone where someone's gotten less than 20 ghosts.
Then you've never played with me, lol.

I'm not great at Mansion, but I don't even have the physical challenges of some of our other members. Can't even begin to imagine how frustrating it is for them.

I hope a better solution can be reached.

Littlebelle

I think there is a big difference from a mini game and sits. First you would have to bot 2 players. Those 2 players would have to play each other all the time. Over and over again. Easy for any player to join that game and see what is going on. If they are botting you would be able to see them start again. However, I do not know if the boot option would work or not. If they constantly booted and never said anything. That would be suspicious too. If you watch a player you can tell they are using a clone by the way the player is moving. Also if they are playing on the same screen the clone does move and goes into corners or gets stuck. I do not know maybe I am missing something. I sure think I would report if it was suspicious.
Yes I have seen a few game where people have gotten less than 20. You can not go afk over and over in a games. I think it would be much easier to tell in a mini game than sits. It is also harder to get ghosts because of barriers. No 2 games are the same.

Really hope this gets looked into more. I do understand what you are saying. It is just a lot harder to take advantage of this when anyone can join a game. You can not hide the boting so easily.

Afk would mean you are not moving in the game at all. I have yet to play a game that players are not trying to get ghosts. You can tell if they are laggy or a clone.

Jasmine

Then you've never played with me, lol.

I'm not great at Mansion, but I don't even have the physical challenges of some of our other members. Can't even begin to imagine how frustrating it is for them.

I hope a better solution can be reached.
Pretty interesting. Even when the game rounds were really buggy where only a couple ghosts would come out, in every game I played, everyone still managed to get about 20 ghosts. Perhaps it's just a select few that would have trouble reaching that minimum? If the minimum were lowered, I'd think 15 would be more than fair.

Littlebelle

Yes I think 15 is fairer. I notice when there is games of 3 or 4 players there are players with less than 20 at the end of the game. Especially if 4 VS 4. Depending on how aggressive the other players are. Well those same select few have been struggling since day one. To gain any credits. I am sorry but this cheating is hurting the players that need this game the most. It is heart breaking to see them struggle so much. A game that was once a high point in their lives.

So I do really hope something is done.

Especially if a game only lasts 2 rounds I have seen lots of players with under 8 ghosts each round. They worked hard just the other players on the team were faster and better. Played over 200 games that gave me credits.

Exodus

I understand your concern for those who struggle more than others. But honestly HM has been giving bonuses for every 5 & 10 wins along with the newly 20 ghosts + a win incentive. I think this is a great balance. The most recent incentive should be awarded based on some set of skills and obtaining 20 ghosts isn't all that much of a challenge unless you're a beginner. Which then just means you'll have to get there with practice... Collecting 15 ghosts is no big deal as all you'd need is 7-8 per round on average... which an average beginner can achieve. Fireworks and Jungle Cruise get no special treatment and I'm pretty sure Fireworks is the most complicated mini game on here. I feel we're at a decent standing with the HM payout. Probably an unpopular opinion but it's true.

Littlebelle

My point is we have players that have server disabilities. Meaning they can hardly move their mouse or have other issues that make playing mini games hard. In the old VMK they could get park items to trade and be able to gain nice item. No amount of practice is going to give them the ability to play. So in VMK a bunch would get together and play friendly mansion and friendly pirates. So they could get some credits in the win. So no I am not happy that because of botting these people suffer.

You try and play being hardly able to move your mouse. I am not complaining about payout I want the minimum lowered. I want people to stand up to people they think are botting and report them.

I really do not see how they could bot and no one notice. Maybe I am missing something here.

How could someone bot this game and no one notice. Unless they did it when no one was on. Which maybe there would be an hour or 2. This is why I pushed the winning benefit credit. So we can help these players out.

Last edited:

gravebound

not actually a grave
My point is we have players that have server disabilities. Meaning they can hardly move their mouse or have other issues that make playing mini games hard. In the old VMK they could get park items to trade and be able to gain nice item. No amount of practice is going to give them the ability to play. So in VMK a bunch would get together and play friendly mansion and friendly pirates. So they could get some credits in the win. So no I am not happy that because of botting these people suffer.

You try and play being hardly able to move your mouse. I am not complaining about payout I want the minimum lowered. I want people to stand up to people they think are botting and report them.

I really do not see how they could bot and no one notice. Maybe I am missing something here.

How could someone bot this game and no one notice. Unless they did it when know one was on. Which maybe there would be an hour or 2. This is why I pushed the winning benefit credit. So we can help these players out.
two points: i see your concern with the players that are lagging, however, whenever amy updates to the html5 they should be good, however, i think you should be more concerned about players with actual disabilities. like physical, mental, ie for whatever reason they simply can't play that minigame that well. that being said i don't know where to stand on the issue. i think it's fair and i know amy wants to combat botting, but the previously mentioned players with disabilities tend to suffer as well.
also, just to be real here - i don't think that many of the players care about someone botting. if they saw someone doing it, they'd probably be like "whatever". i've never personally caught anyone doing it, either. i don't think it's as common as everyone pushes it to be.