What makes a popular room?

As I'm sitting in my room hoping for it the be noticed for BGR, I'm noticing the only way to get people into your rooms is to have Trade Room in the title or mention trading.
Some of us work very hard to create awesome rooms that never get noticed because we make themed rooms instead of trade rooms.
Most trade rooms don't even have much trading happening! They just talk which can be done in any room!

This rant brought to you by my boredom that's verging on insanity while sitting in a room with only myself for company.

Tohrukun

As I'm sitting in my room hoping for it the be noticed for BGR, I'm noticing the only way to get people into your rooms is to have Trade Room in the title or mention trading.
Some of us work very hard to create awesome rooms that never get noticed because we make themed rooms instead of trade rooms.
Most trade rooms don't even have much trading happening! They just talk which can be done in any room!

This rant brought to you by my boredom that's verging on insanity while sitting in a room with only myself for company.
inviting amazing people like myself :giggle:

Last edited:

MoitaRose

Bearded Dragon, Dog, & Beta Lover <3
Usually about inviting. Also honestly a lot of just sitting there happens in rooms that are made. Happens in game rooms too. If it doesn't say things like WIN BIG or CREDIT PRIZE, they are usually pushed back a little bit.

Question

Very Questionable
only before events? Because that seems like not many rooms will be seen when there's no evening event.
most people won't be playing minigames (actually idk) or user made games right before an event cus they wanna afk or at least chill before an event so that's a pretty good opportunity to get people in your rooms. plus there's tons more people online before an event and during one

i like going to rooms that have the option to trade just in case i'd like to trade in the room. i've gone into some beautiful rooms and chatted for hours, but then the moment i say one little thing about trading something, the owner will tell me i can't do that in there. basically, i just like having the option to do so :D

I suggest to be patient and mention that it's open.

The most busiest days tend to be on weekends since most people are out of work and during staff events.

Honestly post your room on the forums and just pray :/

When I won BGR it was because a wonderful HOST saw it on the forums. She said if they see a room on the forums that's particularly good then they can nominate it without formally visiting the room.

I sat in 3-4 rooms all month afk everyday haha and when I wasn't afk I still didn't really get but a couple visitors a day. It doesn't mean it's a bad room or it won't be nominated for BGR. It just means people like to sit in trade rooms for some reason lol

Last edited:
Honestly post your room on the forums and just pray :/

When I won BGR it was because a wonderful HOST saw it on the forums. She said if they see a room on the forums that's particularly good then they can nominate it without formally visiting the room.

I sar in 3-4 rooms all month afk everyday haha and when I wasn't afk I still didn't really get but a couple visitors a day. It doesn't mean it's a bad room or it won't be nominated for BGR. It just means people like to sit in trade rooms for some reason lol
true true

Merlin

Hello Everyone!

I just wanted to clarify this a bit for you. We will not nominate a room that was not open and that we have not visited. Of course if you post on the forums it will give us something to keep an eye out for in game, but for it to be nominated we have to at least visit the room while it's open with someone in there.
Hopefully this makes sense.

Prestadigitonium!

Wonder

But honestly, consider the fact that they want you to sit in a room by yourself for hours (because we all know there aren't enough players on this game to have people just curiously come in).. and then consider that the prize is 2k, a pin you can't trade, and a club 33 party that you get nothing from, is it really worth all that time to get a picture of your room on the newsletter? I stopped trying long ago because, unlike the original where you could just happen to win with little effort, it's just not worth it

EDIT: I see for this past month they added Castle Suite Room as an added prize, but to me it's still not worth the effort :|

Last edited:

Zelena

I thought bgr always got castle suit guest room as a prize...to me that's worth all the waiting. But I do hope you make a room that gets noticed. I've seen some amazing rooms go unnoticed while average rooms get all the attention. Sorry, not sorry if that offends anyone.

But honestly, consider the fact that they want you to sit in a room by yourself for hours (because we all know there aren't enough players on this game to have people just curiously come in).. and then consider that the prize is 2k, a pin you can't trade, and a club 33 party that you get nothing from, is it really worth all that time to get a picture of your room on the newsletter? I stopped trying long ago because, unlike the original where you could just happen to win with little effort, it's just not worth it

EDIT: I see for this past month they added Castle Suite Room as an added prize, but to me it's still not worth the effort :|
I think the Castle Suite has always been a prize for BGR. I personally think the 2k prize should be much higher. I could have earned 200k+ while I've been wasting my month away in my room.