What should I do in Disneyland?

If you want to eat at the blue bayou, make sure to make reservations first thing. Or call and make reservations before. And always ask for a water front table. Get fast passes as much as possible!! Indiana Jones is cool, splash mountain, space mountain, big thunder mountain, matterhorn are the big ones. Buzz lightyear is a lot of fun. Close to space mountain. Pirates of the Caribbean and haunted mansion are close to Indiana Jones. It will be hot there to. Bring sunscreen. Have fun!

Madisenhillary

As someone who had an Annual Pass for 12 years and visits every time I come home from college now, I believe you should be able to do both parks in one day, as long as you plan to spend a good amount of time there. You may not be able to hit all the little rides, but all the main ones that everyone is mentioning, you definitely will be able to.

Planning/tips
  • Wear comfy shoes that can get wet without you caring too much
  • Get a phone app like Disneyland MouseWait (like what Tariel said, it saves a lot of time)
  • I suggest bringing your own water bottle, it's easier to refill your own than to constantly spend $1.7Trillion on drinks.
  • Bring some snacks like Trail Mix (it just saves money that you could spend on souvenirs, also some security cares about food, others don't, so I stick mine at the bottom of my backpack)
  • Random stuff to bring: Tylenol, Sunscreen, Sunglasses, light jacket. (I personally get headaches from my Minnie Ears, and how many people are there, I get sun burnt easily, and it gets pretty cold at night sometimes, just check the weather because if you need any of these it'll be expensive.)
  • If you have an extra battery for your camera, or an extra charger for you phone, bring them that way you can take as many pictures/videos as you want!
  • If Space Mountain or Indiana Jones are open the day you go and you plan to get to DLR at opening, go to one of those first, because they will ALWAYS have the longest lines
  • Same for Tower of Terror, Radiator Springs Racers, and California Screamin'. If you go to CA adventure, hit those first. Especially RSR because the line for that sucks! There's almost no shade so it gets really hot.
Rides Currently Closed
  • Matterhorn (End Date 5/15)
  • Peter Pans Flight (ED5/20)
  • Innoventions (ED9/30, although A friend of mine used to work there before moving to Town hall and they told her it was closed indefinitely so.. not sure how accurate this one is)
  • Indiana Jones (Start date 4/20 ED5/1)
  • Haunted Mansion (SD 5/8 ED 5/8)
  • Space Mountain (SD&ED 5/6)
  • Muppet Vision 3D (5/31)
  • Mad T Party (5/21)
  • Soarin' Over California (5/14)

Disneyland Rides: Indiana Jones, Matterhorn, Haunted Mansion, Space Mountain, Thunder Mountain, Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters, It's a Small World, Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin, Jungle Cruise, Mad Tea Party/Teacup Ride, Star tours

California Adventure: Tower of Terror, California Screamin', Grizzly River Run, Mickey's Fun Wheel (Try a moving Gondola it's freaky but fun), Monster's Inc, Radiator Springs Racers, Silly Symphony Swings, Soarin' Over California, Toy Story mania.
Do the Character Close up/Animation Academy/Sorcerer's Workshop/Whatever it's called! You get to find out what Disney Character you are!

As for food, the blue bayou is nice, but EXTREMELY expensive, you're basically just paying for the atmosphere, if you really want to try the monte Cristo or beignets (cause they're amazing), go to Cafe Orleans, it's right across the street
Other than that get a churro and a Dole whip!
And for shows I definitely recommend World of Color and Fantasmic!

Sorry it's so long! I hope you have tons of fun though! let us know how it was!

Last edited:
idk about WDW but toontown is the bomb bomb bomb bomb diggity! you can venture into minnie & mickey's house and play around with th furniture :D usually pretty empty, a quick walk in if and when you pass by

VampireBoy

idk about WDW but toontown is the bomb bomb bomb bomb diggity! you can venture into minnie & mickey's house and play around with th furniture :D usually pretty empty, a quick walk in if and when you pass by
Yea Toontown at Disney World was removed to make way for the new Fantasyland expansion which in my opinion was definitely worth having Toontown be removed but anyway back on topic if you do go over to Disney California Adventure you should definitely go to the new Cars Land and also check out Paradise Pier both of those are great.

Honestly I don't think you can do both parks in 1 day without missing a lot at DLR due to wait times on popular rides. I'd stick to DLR if it was me, all the suggestions of what to do are right on though. Get there right at opening and stay till it closes. A lot of ppl leave after fireworks so some rides will be easier after 9:00 PM. Fast pass Space Mtn. first, if you wait you may not be able to fast pass it at all.

Have a blast!

Nnilak

Thank you everybody for all the help! I kind of have a route to hit all the things I want to and I'm looking more into fast passes as someone says to get Indiana Jones fast pass first and someone else said to get Space Mountain first. I'm not really sure how fast passes work, so I'm doing some research on that. Also looking into the Fantasmic Dining Packages so that I can experience Blue Bayou without wasting my time.

It's crazy how much you guys know about all this stuff and I'm very appreciative of all your help! Hopefully this trip is my first step into being that crazy Disney mom that goes to Disney at least once a year. Because that is my dream life tbh.

VampireBoy

Thank you everybody for all the help! I kind of have a route to hit all the things I want to and I'm looking more into fast passes as someone says to get Indiana Jones fast pass first and someone else said to get Space Mountain first. I'm not really sure how fast passes work, so I'm doing some research on that. Also looking into the Fantasmic Dining Packages so that I can experience Blue Bayou without wasting my time.

It's crazy how much you guys know about all this stuff and I'm very appreciative of all your help! Hopefully this trip is my first step into being that crazy Disney mom that goes to Disney at least once a year. Because that is my dream life tbh.
Currently FastPass at Disneyland is where you take your ticket to the FastPass kiosk and slide your ticket in and then it pops out a little piece of paper that has your FastPass return time on it so you know what time to return now this is only current because Disneyland is actually supposed to be getting Magic Bands soon which will change this.

Currently FastPass at Disneyland is where you take your ticket to the FastPass kiosk and slide your ticket in and then it pops out a little piece of paper that has your FastPass return time on it so you know what time to return now this is only current because Disneyland is actually supposed to be getting Magic Bands soon which will change this.
[DOUBLEPOST=1429063569][/DOUBLEPOST]There are also free apps for your smart phone that will keep you updated on the approximate wait times of the various rides, so check those out too. You're gonna have fun no matter what !