Where are the Social Mini Games and What is Their Status?

cruise

Wow.. What the heck? Give them a break. They're big games. Lets see you code and make them work properly. As much as I agree, because trust me.. I, too, want POTC to come out, but you can't rush them for a time table. Geez. To be perfectly honest, Amy doesn't owe us anything. Shouldn?t the game be enough? Like I mentioned somewhere else, enjoy the game for what it is and make your own fun. Some people like to complain?Here?s the thing, nobody?s making you stay.
Sorry myleadguitargirl, but I do not believe that Jones was complaining or whining about the game, he was just wondering if there were any updates on two games that most of us are very anxious for. We all appreciate that the game is here and we appreciate all of Amy's efforts, but it would be really nice to know if these minigames are even being worked on and if they will in fact be released in the future. Shouldn't the game be enough? Well, yes we are happy it exists, but a lot of us, myself included, returned to the game when it opened to get a chance to play our favorite minigame at least one more time. I don't think anyone was rushing anyone, but updates are always nice. I don't think there should be any timetable because I know things happen and life gets in the way but updates and pictures are great. Just two pictures here posted by Amy and look at the excitement it causes. How about you give Jones a break..................

Amy, thank you so much for the updates, the best part was the spoiler under the POTC picture, now that was some serious encouragement. Amy, I think I can speak for all in this thread (well except that one person) that we very much appreciate you taking a bit of your time today, to let us know their is some hope for these Mini-games. Also, words will never express how thankful I am for all you have done.

No this one is still being done last, but I decided to mess with it and I learned a few things... shouldn't be as hard as I thought!
WooHoo, you are the Queen! Thank you Ms.Amy for giving us hope! Sorry to see pirates is being done last but then you always save "THE BEST" for last :)

it warms the heart just seeing it again :)

and Cruise very well said!

Ranch

We need those games badly. The teasers are slightly painful. I hope they are ready and you're holding out for themed months to dish them out.. like February and March.

Amy

Head Administrator
We need those games badly. The teasers are slightly painful. I hope they are ready and you're holding out for themed months to dish them out.. like February and March.
They're not ready, it's kind of an internal plan so no promises but my hope is to have Haunted Mansion out for 1.0 (and I have the entire game mentally planned out now, so it shouldn't take long to code it). I'd only hold out if two minigames were ready at the same time... which is likely going to be the case for 1.0, because the music mixer should be ready at that point as well (so it'll probably come out a few weeks later... except different... I plan on adding CokeStudios style thumbs up thumbs down based credit earning, and music charts on the website (highest amount of upvotes on a song by song basis)... maybe a reward as well for being on top of the weekly and monthly charts).

They're not ready, it's kind of an internal plan so no promises but my hope is to have Haunted Mansion out for 1.0 (and I have the entire game mentally planned out now, so it shouldn't take long to code it). I'd only hold out if two minigames were ready at the same time... which is likely going to be the case for 1.0, because the music mixer should be ready at that point as well (so it'll probably come out a few weeks later... except different... I plan on adding CokeStudios style thumbs up thumbs down based credit earning, and music charts on the website (highest amount of upvotes on a song by song basis)... maybe a reward as well for being on top of the weekly and monthly charts).
Those improvements sound awesome. Thanks so much, Amy :D

Oreo

LIKE NOBODY'S BIDNEHHZ
Ahhhh! I love the idea for the Music Mixing game! And maybe there could even be awards that resemble real life chart music awards. For example, if your song is top of the weekly or monthly charts the longest, then you get a Platinum or Gold award pin. They do this in the real music I industry so it'd be cool to see it done here too! (:

Alyce

Younger than Dirt..Older than Disneyland
Sounds fun!

I don't know what 1.0 means....BUT I want to say thank you for all your work and for the updates!

thank you again Amy this is the kind of interaction that keeps people excited and upbeat....GREAT NEWS

Amy

Head Administrator
I think 1.0 means out of beta is this right?
Sort of... 1.0 is a total rewrite, so whilst I'd like it to be out of beta as soon as it goes live I can't because there may be unforeseen problems when I release it for everyone. So, I'd say it'll stay in beta for a week or two after the release of 1.0, and then it'll be out of beta.

cruise

I'm not familiar with CokeStudios but I'm guessing if your mix gets thumbs up from players you have an opportunity to earn more credits? Thanks for all the info and updates, it is much appreciated.

Alyce

Younger than Dirt..Older than Disneyland
Sort of... 1.0 is a total rewrite, so whilst I'd like it to be out of beta as soon as it goes live I can't because there may be unforeseen problems when I release it for everyone. So, I'd say it'll stay in beta for a week or two after the release of 1.0, and then it'll be out of beta.
Thank you, now I understand. :)

I know you hate giving proposed dates of release but without setting it in stone about how far away is 1.0, a week, a month, 3 months? not holding you to anything promise!

Wow!! This sounds amazing, thank you for all your time and efforts Amy. Thank you for the updates :D

Amy

Head Administrator
I'm not familiar with CokeStudios but I'm guessing if your mix gets thumbs up from players you have an opportunity to earn more credits? Thanks for all the info and updates, it is much appreciated.
Yes. Base credits is zero, if you get no credits... well...

lol... otherwise you get something * the amount of thumbs up you got, you'll likely get more credits per thumbs up if there are less people in the room to handle it when not many people are online.