Why I Dislike Dreams Month

acebatonfan

I agree with a lot of this.

In all honesty, I feel like this month should have not been in May (and possibly in June/July instead). A lot of us are still in school, and I have been busy this month with AP exams, finals, and now graduation. A majority of the events were happening when I was in school or asleep, so I was lucky to be able to attend roughly two events so far.

astroacejaki

i have a Sharpie addiction.
Hi everyone. ❤

For those of you who have been active lately, you'll know that it's Dreams Month on the game which I personally have found to be quite enjoyable so far. However, A LOT of people are calling it the "worst month ever" or a "horrible event" because of the randomized way of winning a prize. It's unfortunate to see so many people complaining about the game but I figured I should be able to have an opinion too on why I dislike dreams month....

Late Host complaining
The first three times I participate in the Host event was coincidental. I hadn't been on in a while so I visited several rooms to talk to my friends and a Host happened to show up. That's how I won my first prize (a badge). Just a few days ago I decided to start participating willingly in the event and getting on at the start of it. However, only 5 minutes later did I log off because so many people started complaining when the popup didn't show up at the top of the event. Only 1 MINUTE had passed before people started throwing literal childish fits which made it very very unenjoyable to play. So, I logged off.

My note to those who complain about the HOSTs arriving late: They're doing everything they can I'm sure and there's only so many people working on the event. Instead of thinking with the thought process of they're here to serve you/us, maybe think that they're trying to help US have a good time, but, you also have to contribute to that as well and complaining doesn't make anybody happy!

Winning more than once
I've seen so many people complain when other players win the same prize more than once. Where is the support in this game??? Why can't we be happy that some players have been selected to win. Also, when you complain to the staff or to that specific player, it's useless. As stated on the homepage, ALL PRIZES ARE RANDOMIZED. That person has just as much a right to be entered into the drawing as you do. Again, complaining solves nothing!

People who center their life around the event
I've seen so many people trash the event for "wasting their two hours." What do you mean? Nobody wasted anybody's time. YOU chose to participate therefore if anybody is at fault, it's YOU. You willingly participated in event that has been numerously repeated to be RANDOMIZED (meaning there's no promise of winning) yet you still claim to have had your time wasted. Instead of complaining, do what I did: just get on whenever you can and visit your friends in each room (: Dreams month to me is so much more about being more social with other players than it is winning or staking out for hours at a time.

To conclude, just have fun. Stop thinking of this as a contest, think of it as an event meant to bring everyone together to have a good time. Don't stress if you didn't win. There's so many different time/date variations that you WILL have the chance to at least win something by the time the event ends. I know we all have that 1 dream item that we really really want, but in the end, complaining or being ungrateful isn't going to get you that item /: Just stay hopefully and dream, it's dreams month after all!

Also, shoutout to all the amazing people I've met during this event (: I've been able to meet so many amazing players of ALL ages, from our younger players to our lovely moms, dads, aunts and uncles, and it's truly been a gift. You've all been so welcoming to me and I appreciate that and I appreciate all of your insight on life (:

Hugs everyone. :hug:

^^^^^ This right here... complete win :) You go OREO! :D

Jal

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧
I agree with a lot of this.

In all honesty, I feel like this month should have not been in May (and possibly in June/July instead). A lot of us are still in school, and I have been busy this month with AP exams, finals, and now graduation. A majority of the events were happening when I was in school or asleep, so I was lucky to be able to attend roughly two events so far.
i feel you, ace. i feel you.
at the same time, i really like these events. it kinda sucks if you end up waiting for an hour without a host,
BUT, i definitely have met some cool cats while exploring the kingdom and getting outta my friends' guest rooms, ja feel?

Completely agreed! Another thing is when people complain about the prize they get if they do win, be happy you won at all and enjoy whatever you receive or trade it for something else instead of complaining. I love this event personally, but the things you've pointed out are sad, but true. When I see people complain I switch rooms. I rather have a queue line than see people be ungrateful.

-Froggie

They aren't really hindering your experience at all. If you don't like what's being said, ignore them. That's why the ignore button is there. I hate all the complaining as well, but it doesn't really affect me so why bother? If someone starts complaining to much, I'll just ignore them and continue on. They still have all the right in the world to complain about the event if they want to. Not to say you don't have a right to complain about them, but it just seems like a never ending circle.

I don't know. Personally, I just think a lot of hullabaloo is being started over all this. Please don't think I just mean you, because that's not the case at all. It goes both ways. But I just feel if everyone just kinda abided by "I'll do me, you do you" this whole game would go off without many hitches.
Literally this is spot on.

You're adding to the problem by complaining about complaining lol honestly if it's so annoying to people all of you guys can just ignore them. That feature should be used! If they're not talking, just complaining, ignore and talk to your friends. But it shouldn't cause you to dislike dreams month. I think the concept is great.