WIDSOM TEETH :F

I didn't like the feeling of swallowing a stitch or them dangling from my gums haha.
When they removed them I guess they had to crack my two bottom teeth in half to remove them, and with that they broke my jaw too... Even two years later my jaw pops and it hurts, try to avoid that :D
I'm literally cringing right now. I'm supposed to have all 4 of my wisdom teeth removed tomorrow, and this thread is making me want to chicken out lol.

I'm literally cringing right now. I'm supposed to have all 4 of my wisdom teeth removed tomorrow, and this thread is making me want to chicken out lol.
I had all 4 of them out one week ago and it isn't as bad as it seems! They put you right to sleep and when you wake up you are numb and if you take painkillers there's not really pain. Remember to ice the first 48 hours then put heat! I had lots of jello, smoothies, pudding, and soup and now I'm fine eating everything (just gradually from little things to normal food again). If you have any questions, let me know! :)

emily1313

Hi all, okay so I made a thread about this a while ago but now im actually getting all four removed this Friday and im terrified. All of mine are impacted so they need to cut open my gums and such and i have really bad anxiety. Honestly, i am not really worried about the procedure im actually terrified of the medicine. I have an option to stay awake and the doctor said i can take a valium before which is like a drug to relax you, i can get laughing gas or be put out. I can't stress how terrified i am to be put out, i have never had that before and i am so scared i won't wake up. Obviously i know that it's rare but that doesn't mean it can't happen to me, i have also never had laughing gas before and i'm nervous about that as well because idk if i will really like feeling "dizzy" or "loopy" or an out of my body feeling then i will also then be scared that the feeling will never go away lol However, i don't know if ill be able to sit in a chair for an hour awake with no drugs knowing that they are cutting my gums open. So i really have no idea what to choose. Has anyone ever has impacted wisdom teeth removed with laughing gas or just novacaine? I tried calling the dentist and asking her for her opinion and she didn't really make me feel better about it and she just told me it was up to me.

I had to have all 4 of mine removed surgically as well. I did the IV thing, where they put you under.. and I'm super afraid of it as well, but when I went I had my mom come with me and she distracted me while the put the medicine in, and the doctor literally removed them in about 15 minutes.

I was put to sleep, and I would really recommend that for anyone getting theirs removed. Time goes by faster, obviously because you're asleep. All I remember was them giving me the IV and the next thing I knew I was awake and ready to go home. You will be okay :)

goobie

violent delights
I actually was messaging with someone about this the other day. I was really worried too but I would strongly strongly suggest you be put to sleep for the procedure. If you want, you can ask one of the nurses to hold your hand while they do it. I was worried I wouldn't fall asleep but I did in like 10 seconds. If you're awake during the procedure I imagine you'd be having a lot more time to worry and things to think about. Remember that they do this all the time and know what they're doing. And if you wake up feeling loopy honestly you're so out of it there's not really any thought process you're having that's allowing you to worry. I have really bad anxiety too but everything went fine and everything will go fine for you too.

Xosder

I had all four of mine removed at the same time and they were all impacted. I would definitely go under! I can't imagine that being awake would be a pleasant experience and might make it worse. As others have said, you fall asleep very fast and it feels like you're awake again in two seconds. I would say that there isn't much to be afraid of and you'll do great! Good luck!

:)

hotcorndog

I'm in the minority here and I was awake for mine. In case this is the only option for you, it really wasn't bad; you can't feel anything at all. I also had laughing gas so it helped with calming. I wasn't even thinking about what they were doing and instead kinda looped out looking at the tv and thinking about my numb lips. If you get put out, it will be even less stressful. The chance you won't wake up is near impossible, as they are only knocking you out for a short amount of time. Best of luck!

emily1313

Thanks for the response guys ^^^ i really feel like being put out is my last choice though, i would feel a bit more comfortable staying awake as long as they give me something to calm me. Has anyone had any experience with laughing gas??

Yes, go under. My daughter just had hers out last week. She was really scared too. She doesn't remember anything after the doc started the iv. She woke up in good spirits, just took her awhile to adjust to the feeling of her tongue/lips feeling huge. She found it easiest to take her meds in yogurt. Stay ahead on your meds. Have someone help you keep track of what you took & when. She was as good as new in a couple of days.

I had mine out when I was 18 & I was back at work the next day. Don't stress, you will be ok :)

Myth

I was put to sleep but when I woke up they told me I had major complications and they had to put me back to sleep to keep working on me! but overall it's fine, the worst part was going to work the next day looking like a chipmunk and having to serve strangers at a restaurant.