Will vmk run on a Mac?

Proseuchomai

Saved by grace through faith
i should be getting a new laptop soon and with me being in school and having to write a bunch of papers, a Mac would Work best for me. Will MyVmk run on a Mac? I know there is something out there that allows you to do it but I heard its spotty at best. I could be wrong on that. But if anyone could help me out that would be awesome :)

savvy.max

Trading: http://tinyurl.com/savvymax
If you are buying a new Mac and want Windows as well on your Macintosh you can run Windows using VMware Fusion. If you are interested shoot me a message and I can hook it up. Congrats on the new computer!

I know you've probably already decided on getting the Mac (and new computers are always exciting), but from someone who works in the software development industry, your question "Will [insert program here] run on a Mac?" will be the most common question you will have. It's something I explain to people on almost a daily basis in my job. Although it may seem different, Apple really only has around 7% of the computer market (7 out of 100 of your friends have macs) and it is difficult for software engineers to justify writing programs that are "Mac compatible". It just isn't worth our time.

This isn't a post about how you are wrong for your choice in computers because I think any new computer is fun no matter what the type. I just want to post a reminder to people that you can get a Windows or Linux computer for 1/3 the price of a Mac that works with ALL the software and in many cases is faster and far more upgradeable.

Congrats on your new computer!

savvy.max

Trading: http://tinyurl.com/savvymax
I would honestly say that I agree with everything @MonkeyMonkey said. Unless you are working with design software or your college requires a Macintosh there is no reason to spend that much on an overpriced Macintosh. But that being said with VMware Fusion you remove the problem of not being able to run software as you can run Windows as a Virtual machine within your OSX Operating System.

Proseuchomai

Saved by grace through faith
@MonkeyMonkey thats a really good point man. I have always been a windows guy up until they came out with windows 8 which j thought was absolutely terrible across the board. I have an iPhone and have enjoyed the way it runs and have seen a bunch of my friends with their macs and it Suns very smoothly. Right now I have an Asus laptop that was running windows 8. And I'm not a fan at all.
@savvy.max are you talking about partitioning the Hardrive?