Would Your Past Self...

Symphony

I have some time to kill before I have to leave for work, and this thought randomly popped into my head... Would your past (2008, preferably) self be proud of who you've become and what you've achieved since VMK closed?

2008 Self: Freshman in high school, very quiet and reserved. Not really sure "who" I was yet, per say. Afraid to express myself creatively in a way that anyone could see. Completely against tattoos and piercings, I would literally refer to them as "abominations".

2013 Self: In college, working almost full time at a department store (which I quite enjoy, actually) and traveling (both out of state and out of the country) regularly. I've finally come out of my shell, and I have the experiences to show for it. I know exactly who I am, and I'm actually quite proud of myself as a person. I'm already beginning to pursue certain aspects of my career as a tour manager, and I could not be more excited for the future! I have multiple tattoos and I have my nose pierced...surprise past self! :)

Aptil

°☆。* Unburnable Trash *・°☆
Well uhhh, I guess my past self would be happy that I understand myself and my emotions more than I used to and that I can handle them better now.. And my past self would also be happy that I improved my drawing skills a lot.. and that's.. about it, lol. Darn. I need to do something with my life one day.

Well I was 8
So idk
Maybe I'd be happy that I was less angry all the time, and would be glad that I've got some good friends, and am still close with my old best friend
I'd be annoyed a bit that I'm not as sociable, spontaneous or as together as I thought I'd be as a teenager. But I'd still be kinda happy with myself.

Hmm 2008. I am definitely happy with how my life is turning out. I know where I am heading towards life and I'm excited for it. Now that VMK is back, though, I am pretty sure that my social life is going to go downhill...

S

Solar

2008: In highschool, overweight, in a shell, depressed, no friends
2013: Working full time in a fancy hotel, working towards my BA in Computer Sciences, not overweight and in shape, no shell, still have some depressed states... not nearly as bad, friends.

Rynosauric

Mr. Cinderella
2008: An 11 year old aspiring to be a graphics designer, web/game developer.
Now: Am I sophomore in a charter high school that focuses around technology. Currently on my way to retrieving certifications in Photoshop, Dreamweaver, A+, and MTA. Became certified in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Finally came out in middle school, happy about it today.

Definitely proud.

Elle

2008: Quiet, always bullied, never really spoke up for myself. Always depressed (especially after I became homeless with my family), overweight and didn't know what the hell I wanted to do with my life in the future, always skipped school/classes lol..

2013: I've come out of my shell quite alot, though I can still be pretty shy but I speak up for myself when I have to. If not, I just laugh it off lol and not cry like I use to haha. I don't get depressed that much anymore and even though I live in a trailer it's way too comfortable to want to live in a house right now. I'm not overweight anymore and I'm in college getting A's in my classes and studying for Film in Production Technology. I work in a hairsalon (though i'll be moving jobs soon) and I know what I want to do with my life and where I want to go (Japan). So now all it takes is working towards that goal, lol. :3 I'm pretty satisfied. I think everyone wishes they had a little more and I sure do wish I could travel any time anywhere I wanted to go, but next year I might go to London with a friend (my first major trip) and i'm focused on getting there atm.

Well I was pretty young then, I think I was 10 depending on the month. I think old me would be proud of me someways and super embarrassed in other ways. She probably would expect me to be super cool with a boyfriend and going to school dances and have a ton of friends and such. (lol none of that is me btw) and She would be proud of what I've accomplished in my dancing career so far :) But some things I've done She'd be like uhmm wth are you doing like get yourself back into check or something jeez.. ahah :P

Welp when I was 10, I was quite weird and unaware of what people thought.
But I think my past self would be proud that I have a sense in style now.
And that I no longer have hideous short hair.. o.o

ClaireMarie

disney pin trader since 2004
2008; young and silly and sporty with lots of friends
as the years went on i kind of spiraled into a depression
it was the worst in 2011 and early 2012, but i'm almost completely better now :)
i mean, i got into the school I wanted to. but i also injured my knee and my hips got 5 times wider. haha
i truly don't think I'd be proud of myself. i wouldn't get it.

Jitsu

t'way with it
I would've been quite impressed with myself. Might have even given myself a high-five.

Or I might have been disappointed and kicked myself in the shins.

You never know with me.

Jackie

Ambitious, Opinionated, and Loveable.
In 2008, I was in the 8th grade. I had thick eyebrows, a face full of pimples, and an abundance of insecurities. I had a lot of friends, but I had never been in a real relationship. I was a dork, and I was very innocent and naive about the world around me. I didn't know where I would be 5 years later.

It's late 2013 now, and I'm a Sophomore in college. I have a 3.8 GPA, so the nerdy side of me hasn't exactly vanished. However, I've really grown up. I've experienced more situations; I've lived through more. I've overcome obstacles and kept my head up high. I've opened my eyes, and I'm one step closer into "the real world." I'm outgoing, friendly, and independent. The number of friends in my life has subsided, but it's okay. Because I know that I can handle anything life throws at me -- with or without anyone else.