Your Opinion is Needed: Pirates Movement

Do you think the turning matches the original?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Amy

Head Administrator

I'm uploading this because I want your opinion on how the movement looks. I'm specifically thinking about the turning, I know the actual movement looks different because it's smoother. Sorry about the quality of the video, and how it's not cropped at all.

The turning looks jumpy because there are only around 36 images for 360 degrees. I think it looks about the same as in the original (which had the same amount of images). I'm just wondering how close you think it matches! Let me know!

Fotogirl

I voted no but it doesn't matter ... I think as long as we can play pirates and earn credits its all good. I don't really remember how fast the boats turned in the old game that its going to make a difference one way or the other for me. I think the turning and the movement in general looks great :pirate2: :pirate2: :pirate2: :pirate2:

Exuberance

@Amy, you're a goddess. It looks far closer to the original and far better than the first teaser. The circle at 1:49 really brings back memories. Thank you so much for listening to our feedback!

For comparison,

Old VMK:

MyVMK before Amy fixed it:

------------------------

@Fotogirl @Cobra While I respect both of your opinions, I respectfully disagree. I think the turning matters very much. If turning isn't the same, Pirates would feel completely different and not necessarily better. Although I understand the community is eager to play, I beg for patience as the game is recreated to perfection.

Last edited:
I think the turning looks fine, I can't remember exactly how the turning was 6 years ago and I doubt anyone does really.. I just want pirates as soon as possible haha and I think everyone can say the same

In addition to my previous post, specifically for the turning in mind I voted No, but I like it this way because in the original it seems there was more of a delay that resulted into the swinging of your ship. In the new version, which like I said I personally prefer, although they may seem jumpy to some - I view turns as much quicker and better in gameplay to immediately click and have a response in turning your ship to avoid getting shot and also stay on the move better especially with faster movement overall or so it seems. In my opinion.

Exuberance

In addition to my previous post, specifically for the turning in mind I voted No, but I like it this way because in the original it seems there was more of a delay that resulted into the swinging of your ship. In the new version, which like I said I personally prefer, although they may seem jumpy to some - I view turns as much quicker and better in gameplay to immediately click and have a response in turning your ship to avoid getting shot and also stay on the move better especially with faster movement overall or so it seems. In my opinion.
You're right! In the original, there was a delay before the ship actually moved. This was noticeable when turning because the ship kept going forward for a little bit after you clicked a new spot.

In the new one, it turns immediately after clicking, so the path seems continuous.

But the turn radius is now perfect. :)

Last edited: