Your Opinion is Needed: Pirates Movement

Do you think the turning matches the original?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
True it would be more realistic that huge ships would take longer to turn about, even move straight. I just voted no considering that the poll question was "do you think the turning matches the original?" Matter of perspective I guess if your opinion is taking into consideration the speed or not, how the turn is being executed as already mentioned. All the same, as long as the game is functional that's all that matters :)

Kaeliah

Previously Tessa
If people want the movement to be the same as the original, then it would be choppy and possibly laggy. Amy, you did an excellent job at reconstructing POTC, and if anything, this is a lot smoother than before and looks great.

PlayerOne

I shoot when you're stuck.
IMO it looks better than the original. The original was laggy and glitchy sometimes. Why recreate those? This looks smooth and great. I'm looking forward to it.

SmartSunny

I agree that it is definitely a whole lot smoother. I too remember there being a bit of lag in the game, even when nothing much was happening. So it doesn't match, but it looks a whole lot better :D

Lapid

Just looking at the turning motion without regard to the speed of the turn, it seems like a faithful recreation! Compared to the first video, the turns are more rounded now and far less sharp as they should be. If you upload another video, is it possible for you to show us the circular motion the Black Pearl player (the one in control) does in the beginning of the "Twist and Shout" gameplay video Exuberance posted (0:09 to 0:19)? I feel like that circular motion is a pivotal movement and would really help us see how all 360 degrees of turning work. Thank you for all the hard work you've put into creating pirates (and the rest of VMK) Amy, and for keeping the community in the loop!

ZachTWB

Disneyland obsessed
I really wouldn't know because I never played pirates on the original VMK but I really like it. It looks really smooth and just all around not laggy.