Lost Disney Attractions

VampireBoy

The point of this thread is for everyone to post pictures and talk about lost Disney attractions that were closed to the public never to be seen again and I am going to start you off with one lost attraction which happens to be the Discovery River Boats at Animal Kingdom.

My favorite ride was always Maliboomer at DCA. It's a shame they tore it down and replaced with greenery and open space.

Huai

Magic Maker
Something that really wasn't in there for too long but I would have enjoyed it if had the chance was the Motor Boat Cruise from Disneyland in 1959.
motorboat.jpg
I think it looks like it would be fun! :)

One of my all time favorite rides: Rocket Rods.

I don't have any personal pictures from this ride, but I loved it!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rocket_Rods
...and the dumbest thing done to California Adventure's sister park. An entire track rusting away up there, all because they weren't able to spend the extra money on banked curves; something that they absolutely needed in order for the ride to remain fully functional.

Heck, the entire Tomorrowland update in general is kinda sad. They planned on doing so much, yet, they didn't accomplish almost any of it.

VampireBoy

Another lost attraction that I never got on because I was too little then but wish I could have would be the Alien Extra Terrestrial attraction they use to have a Tomorrowland because I heard the attraction was actually quite a scary experience and more of an adult friendly attraction.

AlphaTheEdge

I don't have a picture and I apologize. But I LOVED the fantasyland skyway back in the day. It was so relaxing and the view was breathtaking.

VampireBoy

I don't have a picture and I apologize. But I LOVED the fantasyland skyway back in the day. It was so relaxing and the view was breathtaking.
No problem man I got you covered here is a picture of the old Fantasyland Skyway at the Magic Kingdom in Disney World.

Dyllan

Princess Enthusiast & Cast Member!
Another lost attraction that I never got on because I was too little then but wish I could have would be the Alien Extra Terrestrial attraction they use to have a Tomorrowland because I heard the attraction was actually quite a scary experience and more of an adult friendly attraction.

They must have replaced this with the Stitch thing at Disney World, right?

Dyllan

Princess Enthusiast & Cast Member!
Yea sadly they did which by the way I think Alien was a much better attraction and it even had a warning sign outside saying not recommended for children under 12.
I would have loved to do that Alien attraction. I didn't like the Stitch one very much. The smells were obnoxious and were stuck in my nose until we got to the sweets shop.

VampireBoy

Now lets not forget an old abandoned Disney attraction that many people back in the day knew and love and even some still love today River Country.

aceastrofan

The one and only...
The Mission Tortilla Factory tour at California Adventure. Now that place was easy to go back and forth between. Free tortillas, plus a free bag of fresh tortillas if you had a birthday badge. It opened when the park did in 2001, and left the park in 2011. It's a shame Mission ended their sponsorship with Disney, but at least they have Ghiradelli there now.

Hurricane

This ride was scary omg, I was so little when i went on it.. I use to always close my eyes. Im so sad they got rid of it. Stitches great escape is seriously so bad.

VampireBoy

Well here is another one who could forget about the old attraction that use to exist at Epcot which is World of Motion that was later replaced by Test Track.

Sophia

The Mission Tortilla Factory tour at California Adventure. Now that place was easy to go back and forth between. Free tortillas, plus a free bag of fresh tortillas if you had a birthday badge. It opened when the park did in 2001, and left the park in 2011. It's a shame Mission ended their sponsorship with Disney, but at least they have Ghiradelli there now.
I rather have free chocolate than free tortillas anyways but it will be missed![DOUBLEPOST=1405898777][/DOUBLEPOST]
My favorite ride was always Maliboomer at DCA. It's a shame they tore it down and replaced with greenery and open space.

It's literally just a smoker's area now :/ really wish they would have re-themed it :/

Snow White's Scary Adventures :( That ride terrified me as a child. I miss it.

and ANYONE KNOW THIS TUNE?? :D :D :D