Advice for restarting?

I played vmk for years back in the day and I was a cute or boot fanatic. It was my favorite part of vmk. It's hard to start new with that sort of thing. Any advice on obtaining semi rare clothing when you are just starting out?

Sorry, I don't have any advice, but I could give you a mansion hat if you're interested. :)

~Days

C

Celluloid

My advice is to be on time for Host events, and be trying to get in when it starts, and to evaluate whether you think you can get in or not. If not, just go have fun, and come back at the end if there is a consolation prize.

Ranch

My advice is to be on time for Host events..

Yup.. if you can be one of the first to nab something new from a host event, odds are in your favor you could trade whatever it is for a decent amount of outfits. I never did get a flip hat for a donald pin tho.. gotta be slicker than me!

Amber would you really? Everyone else thank you so much for the advice. :) It's very helpful. Also I've tried host events but no success so far because I have terrible internet connection and disconnect frequently.

Kaeliah

Previously Tessa
It's unlikely you are to gain decent profit from host events, unless you are lucky. I'm warning you right now that trying to squeeze your way into the deep trading aspect of the game will be difficult, BUT this is not always true. You just have to find the right people. You will have a hard time negotiating with top traders (or rich experts) unless you have in-demand rares.

I suggest:

-- Play as many minigames as you can. This includes Fireworks, Jungle Cruise, and the Shell Minigame.

-- Go into "free giveaway" rooms, and you may get a really good item!

-- Stock up on Silver Keys and Ornament Crates, and trade them away in bulk. (Or you can use them if you want, but I recommend you don't because you can only get gingerbread items)

-- Save your credits for magic pins. Magic is almost always in good demand when they are first released, so buy them quickly and trade them off. Make sure you buy 1* magic pins ONLY, because that is what people really want; not combined magic.

Amber would you really? Everyone else thank you so much for the advice. :) It's very helpful. Also I've tried host events but no success so far because I have terrible internet connection and disconnect frequently.
Just let me know when you're in game, and it's yours. :)

~Days