Alaska

These Pictures are wonderful! I am so glad you had a great time!
Some of those shots look like cold weather, even with no rain. Gorgeous though.
A DCL cruise is on my bucket list for sure.
I've been on a Carribean cruise (Norwegian line). It was sooo relaxing I hated coming home!

Thanks for tagging me! :)

These Pictures are wonderful! I am so glad you had a great time!
Some of those shots look like cold weather, even with no rain. Gorgeous though.
A DCL cruise is on my bucket list for sure.
I've been on a Carribean cruise (Norwegian line). It was sooo relaxing I hated coming home!

Thanks for tagging me! :)

Glad you could see these! The cold pictures were on a train ride around 3,000 feet in elevation..actually I was kinda hot then LOL. But it was warm (as in the 60's-70's) the entire trip, which is HOT for Alaska hehe.

Thanks for looking!

Those temps sound like heaven to me! Really gotta save up for that cruise. Was the DCL worth the extra money? the excursions sound fairly priced.

Yes, if you love Disney in general, you will LOVE a Disney cruise! The characters just wander around the ship; mostly this is the princesses, but you can take pictures with the characters just about anywhere in the atrium, they'll stop and pose. We stopped and chatted for minutes with each princess we randomly ran into, because there was no mad line to see them (this was always in the evening). They just wander around the atrium, chatting and staying in character. There are lines for the characters, but never as bad as in the parks. I think my favorite was Jack Sparrow. He was cool haha.

OH AND PLUTO. ;)

I think the food was way better here than other lines, and I've been on multiple Princess and Carnival. And how Disney cast members are always super nice and helpful in park, the same goes for on the ship, but you get to know them better after running into the same ones for an entire week.

And quite honestly, I never book excursions through the line because they are terribly over priced. The only time I do book through the line is when the excursion is fairly long and you want to make sure the ship doesn't leave you if there is a chance the tour gets back late. But most of the time that's not a problem.

InaDaze

The Confused One.
Love all the pictures @Captain-Heather ! I went up on an Alaskan Cruise from in the middle weeks of June on the Star Princess from Princess Cruise Lines with the same stops you had. In Skagway we saw the Disney Magic I believe and my mom and sister really wanted to be on that ship haha.

Was a bunch of fun and really enjoyable! My family and I did the same Train Trip in Skagway as the pictures you took, we got lucky and saw a black bear with her bear cubs on the short trek through Canada. That train trip was quite wonderful and so beautiful. We also went through Glacier Bay and checked out the Mendenhall Glacier in Juneau. Glad you enjoyed your trip and thanks for the pics! I hope in the future that I can possibly get on a Disney Cruise to Alaska or some other place.

@Sherd - That is awesome! You are lucky to get to do so.

@InaDaze - The nice thing about this Disney cruise was the stop in Sitka, which not as many lines stop at in a standard 7 day Alaska cruise.

I -loved- glacier bay! You typically only get to see that on a north or southbound cruise. For the roundtrip Alaska it's usually Tracy Arm Fjord.

Was the weather nice for you on the train trip? I have had friends go on the same excursion and it was just rain and clouds for them. My dad saw a bear on our train excursion, but I never saw it. Did you see the Mickey Mouse with the rattlesnake on the rock?? And Mendenhall Glacier is always a good place to visit :)

I hope you can do a Disney cruise, too! Anyone who loves Disney will just about die going on a Disney cruise...lol.

InaDaze

The Confused One.
@Captain-Heather The weather was wonderful, nice and sunny in Skagway (which was the only time we didn't have any rain in Alaska lol) and along the train ride that day. We pretty much got to see all that the train ride could offer scenery wise. I got some nice pictures of the scenery with my iPhone but I couldn't get a picture of the bear and it's cubs due to poor quality but I think my sister got a couple shots. And I didn't see the Mickey but my sister did, again I think she got a picture and she told me that she saw it on our way up, so I looked for it on our way back with some help from her lol.

Our cruise was 10-days as we came out of San Francisco, which I live about an hour outside of on a good day of traffic... lol We went by Sitka on our was back down to Victoria and could maybe make out some of the town from out at sea. It rained most of the time in Ketchikan and Juneau and was rather chilly and wet for our excursion in Glacier Bay. I really enjoyed seeing all of the sea lions, and got some pretty awesome encounters with some whales on our journey through Alaska and also as we left Glacier Bay. We didn't get to do everything though and I would certainly love to do another cruise through the same ports if I ever get the opportunity again. Maybe get up to Anchorage as well. Alaska is certainly worth more than 1 trip in my books.

@Captain-Heather The weather was wonderful, nice and sunny in Skagway (which was the only time we didn't have any rain in Alaska lol) and along the train ride that day. We pretty much got to see all that the train ride could offer scenery wise. I got some nice pictures of the scenery with my iPhone but I couldn't get a picture of the bear and it's cubs due to poor quality but I think my sister got a couple shots. And I didn't see the Mickey but my sister did, again I think she got a picture and she told me that she saw it on our way up, so I looked for it on our way back with some help from her lol.

Our cruise was 10-days as we came out of San Francisco, which I live about an hour outside of on a good day of traffic... lol We went by Sitka on our was back down to Victoria and could maybe make out some of the town from out at sea. It rained most of the time in Ketchikan and Juneau and was rather chilly and wet for our excursion in Glacier Bay. I really enjoyed seeing all of the sea lions, and got some pretty awesome encounters with some whales on our journey through Alaska and also as we left Glacier Bay. We didn't get to do everything though and I would certainly love to do another cruise through the same ports if I ever get the opportunity again. Maybe get up to Anchorage as well. Alaska is certainly worth more than 1 trip in my books.

My folks did the cruise out of SF on Princess (I think it was the Grand Princess) last summer and they didn't enjoy it that much. The only good thing was they could take BART into the city so no parked car overnight for 10 days, etc. Their ship hit some kind of storm, and my mom said the weather was really rough. Sunny when they were in port, but sea days not that great. They did love visiting Victoria, though; did you go to buchart (sp?) gardens?

And if you live near SF seeing sea lions (while exciting) is probably nothing new, haha. At least if you ever visit pier 39.

If you look at one of my earlier posts with pictures, I have one of the mickey on the rock with the snake. I would love to see some of your/your sisters photos! And count yourself lucky it didn't rain in Skagway. Rain is waaay more common that sunny skies. Sunny skies in Alaska for more than a couple days = a drought. Seriously.

I love Alaska, too, and I could talk about it forever...lol. So feel free to share any other stories you'd like!