Anyone up for learning basics of coding (HTML/CSS/Javascript) together?

Jeeps

I was reading an old thread on free code tutorials, and I wanted to share an idea. I've been learning to code for the last couple of months on my own, and if a few other people are getting started / want to work on their skills, I was thinking it would be fun to try a few challenges together with other myVMKers.

For now, I thought it would be cool to focus on HTML, CSS, Javascript/jQuery as the building blocks for most websites.

Format Proposal:
On Mondays for a few weeks (or as long as people are interested), we post a coding challenge like a small project, links to relevant resources, and then we can share what we come up with. Also a great opportunity to ask questions.

Next Steps:
Reply back if you're interested, and we can get things rolling this week. I figure if we can get 3+ myVMKers involved, it's worth trying.

PAL_Kolya

myVMKPal Creator
myVMKPal Creator
Huh. That could be neat! If you're trying to do a basics of coding thing however, don't do jQuery right off the bat. It makes things easier (especially for event handling and animations), but you should learn and understand how Javascript works before using jQuery. I'm not saying you have to be fluent, but know how it works :P

I'd definitely be interesting in either helping, or at the minimum seeing how this goes :)