Back from OG VMK

spbink

Hi everyone!

Like I've seen a lot of people here say, I used to play the original VMK and just recently reconnected with MyVMK. My username was same as here - spbink. If any of you remember me (I doubt you will) it would be because I used to run a trivia game - it was a challenge with the VMK dictionary for sure. I saw MyVMK when it first opened and played around a bit, but that was back when it was more of a display recreation than an actual game.

I was so amazed when I came back and saw how developed it's become! I missed VMK like crazy and I'm happy to see it's a real playable game again.

The one thing that's a bummer is I don't have the same inventory I had in original VMK, mainly costumes. I took screen shots of all of them before VMK closed, just for the memories. Also I've missed out on 5 years of really cool costume releases!

I'm looking forward to diving back in again. Maybe I'll try to dig out my old trivia list.

spbink

Does anyone else find it really sad when you see people walking around in outfits that used to be your favorites but now you don't have them, they're not for sale, and you don't have enough to trade for them?

That gets me way worse than just "oh hey that's a cool outfit they made, too bad I wasn't playing when it came out."

spacedogmike

Does anyone else find it really sad when you see people walking around in outfits that used to be your favorites but now you don't have them, they're not for sale, and you don't have enough to trade for them?

That gets me way worse than just "oh hey that's a cool outfit they made, too bad I wasn't playing when it came out."
I think a lot of us have been there at some point! When I first joined 3 ish years ago now I really wanted my OG princess minnie hat I had. It took a lot of time earning credits. Don't get discouraged however! There are so many ways like riding sits over and over to get the ultra pins and selling them for credits, double credits on the weekend also really helps! If you look at the calendar and look for host events like Hide and Seek or anything like that you can earn items that way and then sell them for credits to get back some of your OG favorite outfits! Another tip is playing pirates and trying to win the ultras rares in the chests to sell them for credits as well!:)

Always here to answer any questions:)

I think a lot of us have been there at some point! When I first joined 3 ish years ago now I really wanted my OG princess minnie hat I had. It took a lot of time earning credits. Don't get discouraged however! There are so many ways like riding sits over and over to get the ultra pins and selling them for credits, double credits on the weekend also really helps! If you look at the calendar and look for host events like Hide and Seek or anything like that you can earn items that way and then sell them for credits to get back some of your OG favorite outfits! Another tip is playing pirates and trying to win the ultras rares in the chests to sell them for credits as well!:)

Always here to answer any questions:)
So.. How do you win items from the chests? Is this just part of the POTC game?

spacedogmike

So.. How do you win items from the chests? Is this just part of the POTC game?
The more times you play the pirates games you will be awarded the keys (bronze, silver, and gold). Staff changed the way we get gets but every certain amount of minutes of playing earns you a bronze, and then more time earns you a silver, and lastly a gold. If you go to the Pirate Treasure Room located all the way to the left of the POTC lobby you can use your keys on the chests. However, you can earn these keys by playing POTC, Jungle Cruise, and Haunted Mansion! :)

spbink

I've been doing a lot of riding Fantasyland in the background during work to get Sword in the Stone pins, but the pins I get from that (not ash, the Lilo & Stitch ones) can't be resold?