black october thing theme

mark

10 mins late to everything
yes i have been begging for themes on the forums, however why black ;-; it makes it so much harder to see (IN MY OPINION lol) and it doesn't really compliment the other colors aka purple and orange (in my opinion)

i don't think much effort was put into this theme as it was put for myVMK V2

its ugly tbh

Simone

Just a girl waiting for the return of the shoutbox
Omg no.... I LOVE THIS THEME! The dark black I think really makes the purple and orange pop. It's so festive and I love it!!! I definitely see where some shading should be lighter but overall I really like this color scheme. I think the forums staff should change it up more often based off of what holidays/seasons/festivities are going on both in game and in real life. I think it would definitely keep the forums interesting if cool new theme were brought to us every month. I understand that this might be a lot of work but if all the forums staff chipped in I think it would be a great visual addition to the forums. Overall I am really happy with the change :dance::dance::yay::fly::balloon::bounce::whee: <<<< emotions of how I feel about the new forums theme:swoon:

Jasmine

Honestly, I prefer this dark version to the original light one. It hurt my eyes, though I do agree the dark version is a tad bit too dark - it's pitch black in certain areas. I also do think a darker orange would look better and that some of the colors don't really compliment
each other (light gray, the light orange, and black, for example, because it is difficult to read certain things). I'd created my own dark version of the original Halloween skin and showed it to Snow, so honestly, I'm just glad some progress was made and that there's going to be two different versions. (I was hoping for something more like this. It's not too dark and it's not too light.) But overall, assuming whoever made it hasn't spent a ton of time skinning before or dealing with web design and such, I'd say it's a nice job.

i don't think much effort was put into this theme as it was put for myVMK V2
To be fair, the "MyVMK v2" skin isn't really a new skin. It's the default skin with a background and header added, so it's not going to take as much work as creating a custom skin, which can be quite tedious. The MyVMK v2 "skin" shouldn't have taken any more than 10-15 minutes, whereas creating a custom skin can take hours or days.

I kind of agree with Simone too. Actual custom skins would be nice... I'd love a dark gray and purple or dark gray and light blue skin. (I prefer dark skins tbh.) :bounce:

Last edited:
Again, you can change the theme, in fact, I will be changing the default skin back to MyVMK v2 :) Also, we will be modifying this skin and the light version tomorrow evening <3

-Snow

Killjoy

#1 on sta ff target list
tbh, I liked that theme. It was quite a nice theme, the colors were pretty cool and it complimented october well. The only thing that I had trouble reading was whe you clicked on someone's name, the name was black, aswell as the background being black. That was really the only problem I had with the theme, I really liked it other than that.[DOUBLEPOST=1412483656][/DOUBLEPOST]
tbh, I liked that theme. It was quite a nice theme, the colors were pretty cool and it complimented october well. The only thing that I had trouble reading was whe you clicked on someone's name, the name was black, aswell as the background being black. That was really the only problem I had with the theme, I really liked it other than that.
just realized there was an entire new theme oops

I wish we could personalize our page for everyone to see like on the first version of the forums, but I don't know if you can do that on Xenforo