Can't log in so taking a break from the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fotogirl

The past few days I have not been able to log into the game. When I go to the log in screen and put in my log in info in it just takes me to the Uh Oh something went wrong screen. I tried the fixes in the help threads. I am using Firefox 51 but have also tried the Firefox 52 fix and nothing makes a difference. Hopefully at some point I will be able to log in again but for now I'm done trying.

My family member computer was having a lot of issues as well, but that computer has always been a pain to get vmk working on. I tried my own thing for an hour (upgrading shockwave, reinstalling it, the whole shebang and usually something like that would work, something quick and easy but not this time). Decided to check the forums for any guidance and followed the fixes Simba posted and none of them worked, even doing the config trick. I had been at it for over 2 hours by then trying to fix it while being beyond frustrated and about to give up but then the very last thing I tried in the thread was uninstalling Firefox (again) and downloading Firefox 52 ESR. And just like that, it started working like a charm again. I don't know if you tried that also but if you want to give it a try (or again)

If you want to give it a try, here are the links:
  1. 32-Bit Windows: https://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/releases/52.0esr/win32/en-US/Firefox Setup 52.0esr.exe
  2. 64-Bit Windows: https://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/releases/52.0esr/win32/en-US/Firefox Setup 52.0esr.exe
MyVMKPal is also back up and running if that's an option you can explore depending on your computer. Hope to see you around the kingdom soon again :hug: :rose:

OK, got the game to work on Firefox, but how do we get Pal to work again? I just get a message that pops up saying....Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately. The remote server returned an error (500) Internal Server Error. When I click Continue, I just get a black screen. And I do thank you, Angie, for posting the above links for getting into the game. I just wish I could use Pal

OK, got the game to work on Firefox, but how do we get Pal to work again? I just get a message that pops up saying....Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately. The remote server returned an error (500) Internal Server Error. When I click Continue, I just get a black screen. And I do thank you, Angie, for posting the above links for getting into the game. I just wish I could use Pal
No problem! Pal made me update yesterday so maybe check if there's an update in the case you have that option off. If not, when Pal messes up for me on that rare occasion I just uninstall and reinstall it. Usually does the trick. If that still doesn't work, let me know and I'll help ya out. :rose:

No problem! Pal made me update yesterday so maybe check if there's an update in the case you have that option off. If not, when Pal messes up for me on that rare occasion I just uninstall and reinstall it. Usually does the trick. If that still doesn't work, let me know and I'll help ya out. :rose:
I uninstalled PAL, and reinstalled, but now it says this version won't work on my computer. Sighhhhhh. What a mess:(

Status
Not open for further replies.