Comfort After DCP Phone Interview ?

Lost.in.Fantasyland

WDW Attractions CM, & a random katastrophe

I know none of you here may know me at all, so let me do a quick intro. I?m Kat. I?m a 20 year-old die hard Disney fan. I can be a bit shy at times, but overall I?m very bubbly, outgoing, & silly. My goals are to become a Disney animator and perhaps work with imaginears in making the Disney parks a magical and 2nd home to guests.

Alrighty then, I actually wanted to post this to seek some comfort. I?ve recently applied to the DCP & as a matter of fact I?ve just had my phone interview today at 12:11 pm.

The thing is. . this is my 2nd time applying to the DCP. The first time I?ll admit I was totally unprepared and my nerves ate me alive, which is acceptable in the fact that I was no accepted into the program. I may have done research, but it wasn?t enough.:boom:

This time I applied on Monday & got a response for me to schedule a phone interview moments later, which I found it to be rather quick. I scheduled my interview for today, Thursday. During that time I did all the possible research I could. I looked up possible questions, ways to ease my nerves, came up with a 56 questioned study guide, and practiced my smiling voice all day. I felt like nothing should go wrong.
An hour before my phone interview I had posted my study guide with my answers in what?s supposed to be 4 columns stuck on the back of my bed, so I wouldn?t sound like I?m looking down; Disney College Program Related Questions, Describing Myself and Previous Employment Related Questions, My Opinion and Roommate Related Questions, and Disney Company / Employee Related Questions.I also had this on my lap; questions for me to ask the interviewer and a place to right the interviewer?s name.I was working on easing my nerves by listening to Disney music on my phone while singing along.

The interviewer was a longtime cast member named Patty and the call came in at exactly 12:11 pm. Already in my introduction my nerves were eating at me. My full name is ?Katherine?, but I like to be called Kat, so Patty asked me if it was alright in calling me Kat. I said ?you can call me what you want?. . . Way to go Kat. She also told me that on the line was going to be a silent listener, then asked if it was ok. I felt like screaming ?heck no do you want me to go into a coma with all my nerves?!?, but I actually said ?It?s alright with me.?

I?ll try to skip the entire interview to not bore you all. It turned out to be at least 14 questions; 2 questions weren?t in my study guide, and at least some of the questions were combined with others.

I had moments where I felt she was agreeing with my answers for example: ?The reason I want to participate in the DCP is and to be honest I agree with Mike Wazowski from Monster?s University in you have to start in the mail room, and work your way up to get to your dream. This is schooling, so this will be my mail room, and I?ll just work my way up to my dream of becoming a Disney animator.?

She?d giggle after nearly everything I said and I wasn?t sure if it was because it?s her Disney image, or because I said something stupid.

I had bad moments too where I?d stumble on my words trying to find the right things to say. I probably even repeated myself and I?m sure I said ?um? & ?yea? a couple of times, which I think are big no-nos. :scared::thumbsdown:

I keep repeating the questions in my head and answering aloud what I think I really should of replied to those questions I stumbled upon. I also think I should have been honest in telling her ?I?m really nervous, but not because I?m being interviewed, but because this is Disney. I?m confident I will make a wonderful cast member. I just feel like I?m speaking with royalty or even my idol. Please excuse my stumbling and bear with me. I hope I don?t take too much of your time? I didn?t thinking ?I?m pushing it being that honest.?

Thank you all for your time if you read this all and are commenting below. I appreciate it greatly.​

Sounds and looks like you were very prepared for this interview and I'm sure Patty sensed that. Also, since it was your second time applying, they must know that you're serious about this position and will probably take that into account.

Good luck with everything! Sending you positive vibes and hoping you get the career you've dreamed of :) Remember, don't stop trying and don't stop reaching for your goals.

:)

Lost.in.Fantasyland

Sounds and looks like you were very prepared for this interview and I'm sure Patty sensed that. Also, since it was your second time applying, they must know that you're serious about this position and will probably take that into account.

Good luck with everything! Sending you positive vibes and hoping you get the career you've dreamed of :) Remember, don't stop trying and don't stop reaching for your goals.
:)
I really do hope so Arbutus. I mean I don't think Disney is that picky. . :please:

Anywho thank you so much for your positive feedback and your positive vibes.
Believe me I will keep applying no matter what. I have been since I was 14. Thank you again. It means a lot ^ ^ :halcyon:

I am pretty certain that you knew your stuff and who knows, you might get accepted to the program. Reading through what you did from top to bottom,it looked like you were not only familiar with the question but also taught yourself well! If I were you, I would consider this be a lesson worth learning!

Like Rafiki once said: "The past may hurt, but let the past be a lesson learned" (if he did say that hehe...)

Lost.in.Fantasyland

Thanks for your advice!

Thank you!

I actually did get accepted the day after around 3 p.m. ^ ^

I thank you for advice however. I was actually writing down the questions she asked that I wasn't prepared for. Next time I'm going for 8 months mwahahaha! xP

If you got accepted too, then perhaps I can see you there? I'm registered for fall 2014 <3

Yea I was about to say. . . I don't remember Rafiki saying that lol

I am pretty certain that you knew your stuff and who knows, you might get accepted to the program. Reading through what you did from top to bottom,it looked like you were not only familiar with the question but also taught yourself well! If I were you, I would consider this be a lesson worth learning!

Like Rafiki once said: "The past may hurt, but let the past be a lesson learned" (if he did say that hehe...)

----------

Thank you!

I am pretty picky. . . lol I'm OCD, so you can imagine > <;;;

Anyways I got accepted for Fall 2014 :3

Sorry I didn't reply sooner by the way. I'm choking on my last final ; 3 ;

Goodluck! I'm sure you did fine. You are your own biggest critic.

Thank you!

I actually did get accepted the day after around 3 p.m. ^ ^

I thank you for advice however. I was actually writing down the questions she asked that I wasn't prepared for. Next time I'm going for 8 months mwahahaha! xP

If you got accepted too, then perhaps I can see you there? I'm registered for fall 2014 <3

Yea I was about to say. . . I don't remember Rafiki saying that lol

So I was wrong on a Disney quotes (I knew that was not right lol)

That is not the point. The point is that you made it in! I congratulate on your acceptance. Hopefully it becomes useful for your resume.

I wish I could apply, but I got a lot on my plate and I already got an award that is resume worthy.

Last edited:
You're going to love the program. I mean, the hours kind of suck. Disney loves to work you to your core. But the friendships and memories you make.. that's what really makes you fall in love.

Oreo

LIKE NOBODY'S BIDNEHHZ
Hey now - it sounds like did GREAT! Please please please don't do what I do and beat yourself over it or think of a million things you think you could've said that would've been better. We're ALL human and nobody expects someone to present a flawless interview with 0 stutters or messups. It sounds like you did GREAT and you seriously need to reward yourself because interviews are tough, man!

I wish you the best of luck and I particularly appreciated your philosophy of working your way up. Hope you get in because I've only heard great things from my friends that have participated. PLEASEEEE keep me updated! :yay:

Lost.in.Fantasyland

Thanks! <3

I hope you are able to participate. From what I hear it's truly an unforgettable experience.

By the way I'm truly sorry for the late reply. I have no internet at home & my cell was unpaid.

I was looking into the program as well, that is awesome to hear you got accepted!!

----------

Oh I know i'm going 2 love every second of it! I got accepted into Fall 2014 which means Sep - Jan. & I've already made a bunch of cp friends on fb. It's soooo amazing <3 <3

Are you in the program ?

By the way I'm truly sorry for the late reply. I have no internet at home & my cell was unpaid.

You're going to love the program. I mean, the hours kind of suck. Disney loves to work you to your core. But the friendships and memories you make.. that's what really makes you fall in love.

Last edited: