Disney's My Magic Plus?

Bird

MyVMKPal Webmaster Dev
Has anybody taken advantage of it?

I just renewed my annual pass for WDW and am getting one in the mail. They say it serves as your credit card, room key, photo pass, and fast pass. Sounds cool though. I ordered a red one!

Here's what they look line

aceastrofan

The one and only...
That would have been cool to have a few months ago. It look like it would make for a great souvenir.

I beta tested the My Magic Plus back in November.

Results -
Room key: FLAWLESS!
Park key: good but loses my fingerprint record from time to time
Fatspass + : helpful but scheduling in the park can be both tedious yet simple
Room tab: never used it, but might be useful
Overall: good but can work better without magicband. :-/

mattyz

Pin Trader Extraordinaire
I tested it back in September and I absolutely loved it!

I didn't have one bad experience with it. Overall, it made my vacation more efficient.

Things have changed slightly since I tested it. The Fastpass+ system now have tiers in place for Epcot and Hollywood Studio. You can only pick one ride in tier one (most popular rides) and two rides in tier two (least popular rides). There is a restriction for Annual Passholders, you can only hold 7 days of Fastpass+ reservations at a time.

If you lose the band you can turn it off on MyDisneyExperience.com. From what I understand the band doesn't have a GPS in it.

ClaireMarie

disney pin trader since 2004
My grandparents used this on a recent trip to Disney. They thought it was okay, not the best invention. The armband didn't work if it wasn't positioned exactly in place. I think it's a wonderful idea, tbh. Less hassle, less paper.

As someone that uses this on a daily basis, I have to say its an interesting system. It is difficult to work with, and has issues. They are frequently lost, and there is no way to track them. I look forward to seeing where they go with it.

Princess_Stitch

A Princess of Sorts
My family tested them a long time ago...maybe in July? We had a night at a resort and used our bands for room access, park admission, FPs, purchases, and dining. It's pretty nifty, especially when it comes to paying. I kinda miss the turnstiles, though.

I can't actually use it, but sometimes I wear my band to the park for the fun of it. I decorate it, but a huge problem is the Bandits are popping out when worn over the fabric covers. I lost two in Epcot. :( I think they tried to roll the bands out too soon. There are many issues with the system that they said wouldn't happen. :P

philitup

The Internet Champion!
I was on a trip to WDW in Oct and I left like two days before they started this. But they were testing them with some of the other guests, so I got to see them. They sound kind of cool, but I don't understand why you will now have a limit how many fast passes you could get in one day.

Gladly

i'm a frog...and i'm feeling F R E S H
I went to Disney a few weeks ago and we got those as "beta testers," because if you stay at a Disney resort you'll get to use it until they officially and publicly release it for all guests. I loved them. You can hold more than one FastPass at the same time, unlike with the regular tickets where you can only hold one until it expires/is used. We did have some problems, though: two bands stopped opening the door to our hotel room and so we had to take them to the front desk, where they gave us grey ones. It had to do with the technology inside the band or something.

Other than the technical difficulties we experienced, those bands are amazing. Especially for kids.