downloading music & other entertainment

Jal

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧
hi! i've been trying to start downloading music. i never really got into it like others have in the past because i know that downloading music and entertainment without paying for it on school campuses can result in really bad consequences (maybe even jail) so! here we go:

do you use certain websites or programs to download music and other entertainment?
when you use them at your school campus do you just use directly from the school's wifi?
have you gotten caught?
was i just fed this rumor about going to jail as a child to stop me from downloading? is it really not true?

Sophia

not sure if you're being serious or not
but might i suggest you actually purchase your music, not really fair to the artist plus your fears of getting in trouble will cease to exist.

Oreo

LIKE NOBODY'S BIDNEHHZ
The chances of getting caught and seriously punished for downloading the Elmo theme song off of YouTube are VERY slim. However, it's still illegal and just because the chances of getting caught are less than other things, doesn't make it any better than other crimes.

aceastrofan

The one and only...
I think your fear of college campus music downloading comes from the fact that some campuses actually do get students in trouble for illegally downloading music by checking IP addresses. Just make a list of music you want and download them away from campus. Sounds kinda mean, but safety matters more than music.