Elsa cosplay

QueenElsa

Queen of Arendelle
So, I've been browsing the internet looking for pre-made Elsa cosplays(because I can't sew. At all. Quite pathetic really). I was wondering if you all had any suggestions for where to buy a costume(from 100-200), a nice wig that isn't too expensive, and some shoes that I can customize or that come pre-Elsafied.

You can PM me or just reply to this thread. Thank you for any and all help!

LordeByron

most high quality pre-made cosplays cost WAY more than $200, and nice wigs are at least $100.

i mostly look on etsy for cosplay because most people are more reliable than on ebay. stuff is less expensive too if you find the right person.

hope this helps!!

Noir

Pumpkin Queen
So, I've been browsing the internet looking for pre-made Elsa cosplays(because I can't sew. At all. Quite pathetic really). I was wondering if you all had any suggestions for where to buy a costume(from 100-200), a nice wig that isn't too expensive, and some shoes that I can customize or that come pre-Elsafied.

You can PM me or just reply to this thread. Thank you for any and all help!
Hiya! I'm actually in the middle of an Elsa cosplay creation at the moment and I can definitely help you out on how to make one quite easily!

Firstly, search on google for a dance supply store in your town or close by, or even somewhere that sells bodysuits/leotards (such as the ones worn in ballet and gymnastics). These can cost anywhere between $20-$50 for a good one! Your best to look for a body suit that has thin straps and is close to the colour of Elsa's dress.

Second, save up every plastic, clear water bottle in your house. This step is actually quite fun! You'll want to cut small square's out of the plastic water bottles (these will be used as the sequins on Elsa's bodice). The size of the plastic squares should be roughly an inch long & wide at best, or if you want longer sequins, 2 inches long and 1 inch wide. Once you have enough "sequins" to cover the front and back of the body suit (remember to only put these sequins on the part where the skirt WILL NOT be sitting (so avoid the waist down, or hips down depending on where you want your skirt to sit). You'll want some clear fabric glue, and just start gently gluing each sequin until the bodice is covered. The final product will turn out amazing!

Third, (this part may be slightly harder as you do not sew), you'll want to check out second hand stores for a cheaper option to find a satin type of bridesmaid dress that hits the floor. Obviously you're going to want to match the colour to the bodice you already have. This is much harder to find. If you do happen to find one out of luck, you'll want to find a friend who can sew well (unless you're willing to pay a seamstress to cut & hem the dress). The instructions are simple, ask whoever is sewing for you to cut off the top part of the dress and measure the skirt to where you want it to sit on your waist (make sure it is still hitting the floor as Elsa's skirt is long). Once you find a good place for the skirt to sit, you'll want to ask the seamstress to make it so that the top of the skirt can look like the shirt of a v-neck (but very little v-neck). This will create a nice flow between the body suit and the skirt.

Third (part two). Now, if you cannot find a satin skirt, this option is around the same cost. Stop by a fabric store and look around for a material that you like that matches your body suit. Next, if the fabric is thick enough that it doesn't need a layer underneath, have it measured out so that it will be long enough for a skirt for your body. Take the fabric you have found to a friend/seamstress and have them create a skirt out of it. Use a picture of Elsa's outfit for inspiration.

Fourth, the cape/sleeves. Elsa's cape is rather interesting as it begins with her shirt instead of wrapping around her neck. This part only requires basic sewing skills and could easily be done on your own. At the fabric store, find either a sheer white, or a sheer VERY LIGHT blue material. For the sleeves, you may want a friend to sew these on as it could be too advanced for you. You'll want to measure the sleeves from the strap of your body suit to your wrist, and you'll want them to be tight obviously. That's all for that, just have whomever sew them! For the cape, this can be done by yourself. Make sure the cape is very long and will be able to drag out slightly longer behind you than the skirt will be. Cut the top section of the cape so that it matches the top of the back of your body suit. Now all you have to do is put a few stitches through the sheer material into the back of the body suit and you're good to go!

Lastly, for the silver sequins on Elsa's dress, these are easy to find at any craft store and even some grocery "superstores". Look around for silver sequins and once you find some, use the fabric glue you have and just place them accordingly onto your dress (this should be done once your full dress is already completed and put together).

Remember that the skirt and body suit are separate from each other, however if you want to, you can sew them together as a whole.

As for the wig and shoes, I can't really help you with that, as the wigs i use come from a local hair store! They can be very costly as well!

The cost of all of this can range anywhere from $150 to $300 at the most and the lesser price depends on what kind of deals you can get!

I hope this makes sense! I wish i had pictures for you but I am not at home as I live at school and everything is at home.

Best of luck!
xxoo

QueenElsa

Queen of Arendelle
Thank you all for your help!! I've actually found a few costumes in my price range that I'm interested in. And a few bases that I could build off of if need be. Tumblr has helped a lot too!

Goddess

Where did 4 years go?!
On eBay I found a really nice cosplay Elsa gown when Frozen first came out.

It's about $168.00 with $17.00 shipping, but it's the most accurate cosplay dress I've seen.

So if it helps out,

Here's the link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Frozen-Elsa...928?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27e0c46d28

(Make sure you read the description for the listing because it gives you the size chart, and explains that you need to message them the size you need when you place the order.)

And if you need the wig, they have one on eBay as well.

I thought this one was really beautiful and with wigs, if you want them to be realistic they're going to be pricey. This is cheap for a wig and it looks pretty accurate. It also includes a free wig cap :).

If it helps: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Disney-Movi...784?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item338cf0b6d8

And for the shoes:

These are the common cosplay shoes found to go with the Elsa dress. They aren't ice like Elsa's but they're beautiful.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Anime-Disne...404?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a8cfe5d2c

Or if you wanna buy the set together, this one includes the same dress and wig above, and a pair of platform high heels to go with the dress:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Disney-Film...pt=US_CSA_WC_Dresses&var=&hash=item258b756867

Last edited: