Forum moderation needed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread is really directed towards Amy. These forums will need some moderators.
I volunteer.

It may not need moderators today, but it will in the future. I was a moderator on a ToonTown fansite (ToonTown Hall).
Since TT is closing I am no longer a moderator there & I have new free time.

Amy, or any MMK staff, if you need any help with moderation. I'm here to help! :D

Bird

MyVMKPal Webmaster Dev
I was a moderator in the Jaws' OVMK as well as his Disney Infinity Forums! I know BBcode HTML and CSS so i can help!

Fiyero

To be honest, this seems more like a topic that should be just PMed to Amy or Grizzly if you have any legitimate desire to help and see this community grow. Right now, it's listed like an ad on craigslist, and just seems really unprofessional. You would have better luck at an answer if you just tried to get in touch with Amy directly

Fiyero said:
To be honest, this seems more like a topic that should be just PMed to Amy or Grizzly if you have any legitimate desire to help and see this community grow. Right now, it's listed like an ad on craigslist, and just seems really unprofessional. You would have better luck at an answer if you just tried to get in touch with Amy directly
I obviously did that before I made this thread. This is a thread for people to talk about their moderation experience & such.
No need to be sassy.

Fiyero

Lance said:
Fiyero said:
I obviously did that before I made this thread. This is a thread for people to talk about their moderation experience & such.
No need to be sassy.
I'm not being sassy, I'm just stating my opinion on the matter, which I believe I am allowed to do. I'm glad you are talking to her about it but the way you made this thread, it sounded like you were just trying to get a response from Amy if you could be a Mod or not.

"This thread is really directed towards Amy. These forums will need some moderators.
I volunteer."

Hence why I said, contact Amy directly. If you actually are just making it a discussion for people to talk about moderation experience, by all means, continue! :D

Andrew

I agree with Fiyero. If you want to be a moderator on this forum you should just try and be as active and helpful as possible. If Amy or whoever thinks you are a suitable candidate to be a moderator then he/she can make you one.

Yes they do. Some of the immature arguments should be moderated and even removed. I like how the Disboards moderates. Also, the cursing in signatures and posts should not be allowed. This forum will draw the crowd of smaller kids. There really needs to be a rule in place about signature size and large signatures should be removed by the moderators if the member wont remove them him/herself after a single warning. Not trying to be a Nazi about things, but I see this forum getting popular and the rules need to be established early on.

Kaeliah

Previously Tessa
{As said a while ago when there were multiple threads about people asking to be staff - Amy and/or Kevin will pick staff when necessary. If you have recommendations/suggestions on who should be staff, then contact them personally, not a public thread. Actions speak louder than words!

And this idea has been brought up before, and I'm sure they are aware of it. They'll probably be picking staff soon. :thumbsup:

-Tessa

No need to be sassy.
That alone would make me give you a big fat NO for moderator. If you're going to be a moderator you can't give in that easily, replying with smug remarks.

EDIT: As for staying on the actual topic. I don't think anyone should be volunteering or campaigning for another person to become staff/moderator, in-game or for the forums. Let the staff decide for themselves. Staff should be hand picked based on who they notice can conduct themselves in a consistently objective manner.

Goddess

Where did 4 years go?!
I don't exactly understand why this is a thread? This is a message that should have been sent directly to Amy or Kevin. The OP suggests this was merely a message to Amy, not an open discussion on if the community feels there should be more moderators. So if you've already sent a direct message to Amy or Kevin to promote yourself as a choice for Moderator, why was this thread created?

- - - Updated - - -

Yes they do. Some of the immature arguments should be moderated and even removed. I like how the Disboards moderates. Also, the cursing in signatures and posts should not be allowed. This forum will draw the crowd of smaller kids. There really needs to be a rule in place about signature size and large signatures should be removed by the moderators if the member wont remove them him/herself after a single warning. Not trying to be a Nazi about things, but I see this forum getting popular and the rules need to be established early on.
I myself have not seen any cursing in threads or posts, so if there has been any, I'm sure Kevin or another administrator has shut down the thread, if they haven't it would be better to bring it to their attention directly once you see it happening. I've already seen Grizzly and Kevin immediately moderate a thread mere minutes after the discussion went south. The suggestion of a rule about signature size can really only be enforced when you can upload an image as your signature, not post an img link. That way the parameters for the appropriate size of the signature can be properly enforced. These are good suggestions, and you should send Kevin a message directly about your concerns, so they can better be dealt with.

Foamy

{As said a while ago when there were multiple threads about people asking to be staff - Amy and/or Kevin will pick staff when necessary. If you have recommendations/suggestions on who should be staff, then contact them personally, not a public thread. Actions speak louder than words!

And this idea has been brought up before, and I'm sure they are aware of it. They'll probably be picking staff soon. :thumbsup:

-Tessa
They shouldn't really be taking suggestions from other users at all IMO. It's easy to get a group of friends together and have them send out PMs.

Fairy

That alone would make me give you a big fat NO for moderator. If you're going to be a moderator you can't give in that easily, replying with smug remarks.

EDIT: As for staying on the actual topic. I don't think anyone should be volunteering or campaigning for another person to become staff/moderator, in-game or for the forums. Let the staff decide for themselves. Staff should be hand picked based on who they notice can conduct themselves in a consistently objective manner.
Couldn't agree more.

Status
Not open for further replies.